[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Maplestory needs to merge all servers.

Reactions: 220
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
to save this dying game Maplestory needs to merge all servers into 1 server and add +50 channels. There is no downside, everyone wins. who else agrees?
cheezburger85saladsenpaii

Comments

edited February 2018
    except reboot ofc
  • 9gag9gag
    Reactions: 270
    edited February 2018
    123455 wrote: »
    to save this dying game Maplestory needs to merge all servers into 1 server and add +50 channels. There is no downside, everyone wins. who else agrees?

Hopefully you're the first person I get to ks every 2x when that happens.
    edited February 2018
    there should be enough channels so everyone would get a map
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    50 channels, even if the game's hardware and infrastructure could support them, don't solve all the issues some people have with overcrowded servers.
    Things like smega spam, guild wars and other drama, fiercer competition for anything ranked (Dojo, Flag Race, Oz, Dream Defender, etc), laggy crowd events (like the OX quiz we have now), and rampant illicit activity.
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited February 2018

100% agree with you.
    It's about time someone start talking about this subject, though Nexon doesn't care so nothing will change anyway.
    AKradian wrote: »
    50 channels, even if the game's hardware and infrastructure could support them, don't solve all the issues some people have with overcrowded servers.
    Things like smega spam, guild wars and other drama, fiercer competition for anything ranked (Dojo, Flag Race, Oz, Dream Defender, etc), laggy crowd events (like the OX quiz we have now), and rampant illicit activity.

We have no choice, this game is dying, and 1 of the main reasons is because there are no people around (just like the good old days, back than in 2009).
    We want to see and talk with people, we wanna make new friends, we're tired of seeing the same 1-2 ppl every single day (being afk 24/7).
    Smega spams? no problem, just change the price of smegas from 1.3k nx to 3k nx, in fact, the whole idea of smegas, just make it harder to get, very simple.

Drama? there'll be always drama, so what you're saying is basically to just give up and let this game on keep dying.

What's wrong with fiercer competition for anything such as ranked Dojo, flag race, etc??
    What's wrong with that? why are you saying that like it's a bad thing?
    Competition is a very good thing because it brings fun for everyone, it'd make people to actually stop being afk and to actually do stuff in this dying game.

Merge all the worlds into 1 (except Reboot of course) might not be 100% perfect with not a single problem but it's definitely the BEST solution EVER. (100x better than letting this game dying as it is right now)
    MakeMapleGreatAgainPaladinLevi123455ManiOh
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018

100% agree with you.
    It's about time someone start talking about this subject, though Nexon doesn't care so nothing will change anyway.

Arwoo said on the official Discord "Currently there is planning to address the issue around v194". He also said "That's not for certain," so don't go crucifying anyone if it ends up being a little later. Point is, Nexon does care. I mean, even if you think they don't care about our happiness, surely they care about the money they're spending on computers running "empty" servers?
    AKradian wrote: »

We have no choice, this game is dying, and 1 of the main reasons is because there are no people around (just like the good old days, back than in 2009).
    We want to see and talk with people, we wanna make new friends, we're tired of seeing the same 1-2 ppl every single day (being afk 24/7).
    Smega spams? no problem, just change the price of smegas from 1.3k nx to 3k nx, in fact, the whole idea of smegas, just make it harder to get, very simple.

Drama? there'll be always drama, so what you're saying is basically to just give up and let this game on keep dying.

What's wrong with fiercer competition for anything such as ranked Dojo, flag race, etc??
    What's wrong with that? why are you saying that like it's a bad thing?
    Competition is a very good thing because it brings fun for everyone, it'd make people to actually stop being afk and to actually do stuff in this dying game.

Merge all the worlds into 1 (except Reboot of course) might not be 100% perfect with not a single problem but it's definitely the BEST solution EVER. (100x better than letting this game dying as it is right now)

OP said "there is no downside". I pointed out that there are downsides. You agree that it's not "100% perfect with not a single problem."

Some people like the hustle and bustle of the "big city", some prefer the peace and quiet of a "small town". You are describing what you enjoy, and that's fine. But assuming that everyone shares those preferences is a mistake.
    Personally I believe worlds need to be allied, yes, but not all into one. Perhaps two or three, with one of them intentionally "empty" for those few(?) people who like it that way.
    PirateIzzy
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited February 2018
    I can't see this game having more than 3 servers at a time right now, hell even 2 if we're being honest. Truth be told this game could smoothly handle everyone in 1 server (it wouldn't compare to '07 numbers) but we should always have more options.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited February 2018
    no.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited February 2018
    Megaserver could be pretty neat. However, such an overhaul would need to be very well planned, since stuff like Dojo ranking reward system would need to be severely revamped.
    saladsenpaii
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I think it would be hard to argue that the population is small enough to merge all normal servers.

I am hoping for bacon+grazed+broni+windia and leaving scania/bera as they are. I don't have population data as I am not a nexon employee so even combining those four could be too big.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited February 2018
    No.
    /thread
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited February 2018
    the problem is not amount of players and merge wont solve it. what will happen after merge when more players quit ? remove chanels? make it 1 chanel ?
    people quit because nexon does no good in holding the game.. players are in love with this game .. but in hate relationship with nexon.
    it became too much of a pay to win.. its impossible to make mesos and progress inside the game by playing fair..
    you need NX to make mesos even boss items that drop need to use NX to sell. and 1 Hit RNG attacks system on bosses make it so only hackers and boters or people with bilion range can do bosses. and scale into the game.. too many hackers and bots who destroy balance. and all nexon do is more marvel .. nexon please stop hackers and please give fair players option to gear up
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited February 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I think it would be hard to argue that the population is small enough to merge all normal servers.

I am hoping for bacon+grazed+broni+windia and leaving scania/bera as they are. I don't have population data as I am not a nexon employee so even combining those four could be too big.

Hell no, GRAZED is just fine thank you. I can actually get a map 95% of the time.
    edited February 2018
    for the people that are concerned for getting maps for training and wanted a more "quiet" server, the +50 channels or w/e amount of channels is needed, should be able to accommodate for those people. and they could add options of disabling smegas like some1 else said. All the poeple who quit this game might come back and maplestory could potentially thrive once again. This BIG change to maplestory could save the game, bring back old maplers, and im sure everyone would enjoy the new change. Not everyone will agree at first but after it happens im sure they will like it. Of course there are pros and cons but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. And nexon would profit from this change.
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited February 2018
    I disagree. The game is not dying by any means, there are loads of people on every day. While the community may be smaller compared to the past, it is not ridiculously small. I also say that this would be a horrendous idea for one reason: server communities. Let's use two sports fans as an example. They like two different teams, for example the Angels and the Dodgers. They always argue about which team is better.
    You see where I am going? Just because some things are similar won't mean they meld together well.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I'll also follow up with a disagreement. A lot of people prefer to be in quieter worlds and I respect those who want to enjoy a quieter experience. Sure, some worlds could be allied together but you have to understand that this isn't a easy and simple request that can be put into the game with a magic wand because you have to think about the downsides that go with having to merge certain people's worlds together.

Also, let's not speculate "The game is dying" as this was a argument that was used back when Big Bang first came out.
    for the people that are concerned for getting maps for training and wanted a more "quiet" server, the +50 channels or w/e amount of channels is needed, should be able to accommodate for those people. and they could add options of disabling smegas like some1 else said. All the poeple who quit this game might come back and maplestory could potentially thrive once again. This BIG change to maplestory could save the game, bring back old maplers, and im sure everyone would enjoy the new change. Not everyone will agree at first but after it happens im sure they will like it. Of course there are pros and cons but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. And nexon would profit from this change.

Again, you are forgetting the Cons of having 50+ channels. More channels will not solve problems.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    The main reason I want all servers to become one is because of how disheartening it is to meet someone else who plays MapleStory, only to find out they play in <server that you don't play in>. So it's like, welp, guess we're not playing MapleStory together. wanna play another game instead? one without this separate server bs? i.e. RuneScape?

It's the same on Discord. Someone's setting up an event you're interested in, buuuut they're in <server that you don't play in>. A new/returning player needs a carry/a starter set to get them off the ground, buuuut they're in <server that you don't play in>. You talk to someone and they seem like a cool person, buuut they're in <server that you don't play in>. Someone asks for a price check, and you know the price for your server, buuut they're in <server that you don't play in>.

I get that people like the quiet of low-populated servers. I also sometimes miss being able to find 100% burning maps at the top training spots during 2x, and having a smaller community where everyone knows each other. But I'd prefer avoiding the above scenarios more than having all of the training maps at my fingertips.
    saladsenpaii
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Fennekin, you're always going to have these scenarios because Reboot and Luna are forever separate.
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited February 2018
    Rather than a mega server I'd much rather see
    - 2 reboot servers
    - A condensing of the non-reboot servers into 5 worlds where they have more channels like KMS and once a year a free transfer event (it could be every christmas time so everyone knows when it's on) is held so people can move if they're not happy with their world (non-reboot to non-reboot, reboot to reboot)

It would be fantastic if nexon starts fresh, I don't think any player would mind, if given enough notice if the game went down for a week or so for this remake. No one chooses the first initial world they end up in, based on nexon investigation they can merge/reform the 5 worlds due to population balance but once a year everyone gets a chance to shuffle if they're not happy however, like a whole lot of other games who cap population on servers, world population limits are capped so like scandie of the past if a world is already full you don't get the option to move there. A forum competition could be hosted where players can submit names and icon/emblem designs so we can be apart of the new names + icons of the new worlds. There is no character slot cap. If a player, for example, has maxed characters on two worlds which are being merged when they log on they automatically have all of those as a slot, those who haven't unlocked max can still purchase slots to expand like usual. No more FM, AH and shared cash shop inventories regardless of job.

have a poll about population needs if some like smaller worlds and some like larger worlds tune the population cap differently, say 2 out of the 5 worlds naturally have a smaller cap while 1 has a much larger cap... IDK but that could satisfy those with that particular taste.

IDK I don't think mega servers are a go but a condensing of worlds plus an addition of a second reboot I could see being more diplomatic.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    I'm opposed to the idea.

Everything for and against the notion has been addressed in the other threads created with the same idea.
    ManiOh
This discussion has been closed.