[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I can't believe, Monster drop cube?

FariosFarios
Reactions: 1,170
edited February 2018 in General Chat
7RyjgHd.png

I using x3 buff drop + x2 drop event + Familiar + 20% ability and got nothing

I never see that drop from monster nexon? do they lie to the players?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Monsters can drop cubes (and certain special scrolls), it's just incredibly rare.
    More to the point, Elite monsters have a chance of dropping cubes, if I'm not mistaken. Still at a low chance.

Regardless, the drop rate is too low to consider farming normal mobs for cubes. Generally speaking, the best sources of master cubes are legendary mineral veins (both purple and green varieties) and bosses.
    Farios
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    The drop rate is extremely low. But it isn't 0.
    I think that in all the years I've been playing Maple, I only got one cube from normal (not boss) monsters.
    KidoYaMingFarios
  • FariosFarios
    edited February 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Monsters can drop cubes (and certain special scrolls), it's just incredibly rare.
    More to the point, Elite monsters have a chance of dropping cubes, if I'm not mistaken. Still at a low chance.

Regardless, the drop rate is too low to consider farming normal mobs for cubes. Generally speaking, the best sources of master cubes are legendary mineral veins (both purple and green varieties) and bosses.
    AKradian wrote: »
    I think that in all the years I've been playing Maple, I only got one cube from normal (not boss) monsters.

Please tell nexon fix it, no body got it from monster, never never drop from monster

• FariosFarios
    edited February 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

i think drop rate is 0. no one get it, No video on the intenet see it can drop from monster.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I wonder if it's actually possible for them to drop in arcane river?

I had a cube drop way way back in the KSH days but that's it.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    0.0000000001% :)
    wont be suprise if its very outdated
    + its lvl 3 not like you can farm it without geting over lvl drop range ....
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Farios wrote: »
    Please tell nexon fix it, no body got it from monster, never never drop from monster

Both AKradian, Jushiro, and I can confirm it happens. Well, I can confirm that special scrolls drop, at least. It's just rare, and you're probably out of the monster's level range, which results in a drop penalty.

As stated, the best way to farm cubes would be either mineral veins or bosses (seeing as how I got a cube just last night from Pink Bean).
    This is not a bug, it's just a low drop rate.