[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Captcha at beginning of Character Creation Process

shad0wn1teshad0wn1te
Reactions: 1,390
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Currently, after failing to enter a valid name for a character a certain number of times, a captcha will appear, showing a scrolling list of characters you are required to enter to move forward.

While I believe the idea behind the captcha is a good one, presently, all it does is hinder legitimate players having trouble finding a character name. As botters use a randomly generated string for their character names, they are much less likely to get hit with this captcha as their name will be accepted on the first attempt.

My suggestion is that the captcha is moved to the beginning of character creation, before the first character naming attempt. The captcha should not reappear while attempting to name that character. This will, hopefully, hinder the automatic creation of botting accounts, as a person will have to manually solve the captcha to create their bot.
UnemployedSlicedTimePhantomMasterThief

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Currently, after failing to enter a valid name for a character a certain number of times, a captcha will appear, showing a scrolling list of characters you are required to enter to move forward.

While I believe the idea behind the captcha is a good one, presently, all it does is hinder legitimate players having trouble finding a character name. As botters use a randomly generated string for their character names, they are much less likely to get hit with this captcha as their name will be accepted on the first attempt.

My suggestion is that the captcha is moved to the beginning of character creation, before the first character naming attempt. The captcha should not reappear while attempting to name that character. This will, hopefully, hinder the automatic creation of botting accounts, as a person will have to manually solve the captcha to create their bot.
    It actually functions like that in KMS and a couple other regions. ( after you click on the create character button you have to complete a captcha )

i think this would be good against botters/meso-sellers, but they still would be able to auto complete it with their hacks. ( but that doesn't mean that it's useless, i think we should still get it in gms, although that's up to nexon to decide, not even the vfms or arwoo (the cm) can do anything about it even if they wanted to.