[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

HotWeek rewards

FluorescingFluorescing
Reactions: 590
edited April 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Pretty much for the past few years, every single time they do hot time they roll out the same rewards. Sure, at first it may be interesting but with the amount of repetition they have, more than half these items have no purpose each time HotWeek comes around. So many times have I had Character Expansion Slots and Storage slots which ended up being dropped due to having maximum capacity. Honestly I think these items should be available to obtain ingame without the need to pay NX. These really don't feel like rewards at all.

What Nexon needs to do is give their players what they NEED. Something that will give them the incentive to log on and receive those rewards. Something that will make them go "Oh no I missed out" and motivate them to log on to receive something special. It feels like they're doing an extremely lazy job by recycling the same rewards again and again over years, and it's honestly getting quite irritating that nothing unique is going on in this game anymore. They slap out new content, and say "here you go guys," except that content is bound to be unfun and full of grind for the majority of players.

Comments

• UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited April 2018
    What are they gonna give out? Red cubes? No, they need to make money!

In all seriousness they should still give out those items for newer players.
  • FluorescingFluorescing
    Reactions: 590
    edited April 2018
    UserRed wrote: »
    What are they gonna give out? Red cubes? No, they need to make money!

In all seriousness they should still give out those items for newer players.

I do agree new players do require those items. But please read again, I have mentioned they should be made available in-game, without the need to spend extra money. These are fundemental aspects of a game which shouldn't require purchase in the first place.

Red cubes, I don't see why not? People who don't spend will appreciate the cube. People who do spend will appreciate the cube, but it won't change their appetite to buy more cubes. 1 Cube every Hot week isn't going to affect how much money Nexon makes one single bit. Even then, cubes aren't the best suggestion. Honestly something like Royal Hair Coupon, or Nebulite ticket is going to be more useful without being gamebreaking. A HotWeek "Reward" should feel like an actual reward, not just a useless item they pick out of the game to give back to the customers.