[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher Two Games

TamagoTamago
Reactions: 660
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Aaj2k.png

Seriously? Ever since the launcher came out up until today, we were able to play multiple games at the same time. As of today, you guys changed it and now it gives a message that says, "Nexon Launcher does not support running multiple games at the same time." I currently play TWO Nexon games and have always opened both at the same time. Are you really telling me that I have to turn on both my laptop and my computer in order to play both now? The games usually have AFK events, so I like to AFK on one game while I play the other and then alt tab back. Steam allows multiple game launches. I can easily just launch the other game on Steam or launch both on Steam. Either revert this change or you're asking for a handful of your players to quit one of your games.

For example, MapleStory right now has an afking event for 16 hours for event currency. I like to alt tab and play other games while I'm afking on MapleStory.

This shouldn't even be a restriction suddenly enforced on us after 13 years either. There are MANY other games that can be played while a Nexon game is open, so why can't we play different Nexon games at the same time? It only punishes players who play more than one of your game and I've played 4 of them since 2007. This has never been a restriction in the past even before the launcher. Like I stated already, players can easily work around this to launch both games, so I find this update rather pointless. The launcher never allowed us to run more than one instance of the same game either, so this change does nothing to prevent that because it was never allowed in the first place.

Comments

• ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited April 2018
    I was just about to make a new thread about this issue. I play both MapleStory and Mabinogi, and I almost always have both games running at the same time (to multitask and for events where you have to stay logged in to get rewards). I had no choice but to install Steam today, and use it in conjunction with Nexon Launcher in order to play the 2 games the way I've always been playing them for years. I wish I could use solely Nexon Launcher or use solely Steam, but I can't because Nexon Launcher doesn't allow running more than 1 game now, and Steam can't run games tied to different Nexon IDs at the same time. Now I need to have 2 different game launchers open to play 2 different Nexon games... It's my fault for making 2 different Nexon IDs for 2 different Nexon games years ago, but that was when I made bad decisions as a dumb, impulsive teenager.

Edit: So, I contacted Live Chat and this is the response I got...

GM Zeistugeist: Apologies if it took some time for me to chat back! You are correct that one can no longer launch 2 games at the same time using Nexon Launcher.

Me: What can I do about not being about to play 2 Nexon games at the same time now?

GM Zeistugeist: As a player myself, I do understand what you mean. Unfortunately, there's currently no other way to play two games in one launcher like before. We do apologize if this has caused you inconvenience.

Me: Thank you for your response, but I hope you would reconsider the change. There was no problem with running more than 1 Nexon game before the recent Nexon Launcher update. If I did not own separate Nexon accounts, I would be fine with making a complete switch to the Steam launcher. Other players are also dissatisfied with this change, here is a forums thread: (I linked this thread).

GM Zeistugeist: That's understandable. However, I do appreciate you voicing out your thoughts regarding this. Whether or not this will remain or be changed, is something I can't answer yet but please, feel free to voice out your feedback on the official forums. Our game teams will appreciate it! Thank you though for trying to understand.

Me: I will keep checking on the forums. Thank you for your time.
    Taehyung
  • 0mGiTzJon0mGiTzJon
    Reactions: 700
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    I'm glad others have this problem and are voicing their opinions. I too play 2 Nexon games and find it a major hassle to not be able to play both games at the same time via the Nexon Launcher. I really hope they see this post and decide to revert this change.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    This change is very odd.

Maplestory has a lot of content that encourages idling in the game. From forced wait time like charging Pendants of the Spirit or the half-hour wait to retry certain bosses (and this is coming for CRA, too), to events that reward for time logged in like Sugar Time and Planet Vita, Nexon seems to want us logged in 24/7, even if we do nothing in the game.
    Surely they'd prefer that we play other Nexon titles while waiting, rather than competitors' games?
  • TamagoTamago
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    I'm glad others feel the same way. This change is extremely frustrating. When I livechatted, they told me to make a forum suggestion instead... I made one here, hoping the staff see it: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/19535/allow-two-nexon-games-at-once?new=1
  • TamagoTamago
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Please revert the latest Nexon launcher change that no longer allows us to run more than one Nexon game.
    There is a thread here detailing the issue: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/19519/nexon-launcher-two-games

EDIT: It seems like the threads got merged.
  • WanderIustWanderIust
    Reactions: 1,805
    edited March 2020
    -
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    As a player myself, I do understand what you mean.

Unfortunately nexon giveth and nexon taketh away
  • TamagoTamago
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    GUYS IT SEEMS LIKE NEXON LISTENED OMG
    I was able to launch MapleStory and another game today on Nexon Launcher.
    Let's see if it stays that way though.
    Toreishi
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited April 2018
    Tamago wrote: »
    GUYS IT SEEMS LIKE NEXON LISTENED OMG
    I was able to launch MapleStory and another game today on Nexon Launcher.
    Let's see if it stays that way though.

You're right!!

Thank you for considering our feedback, Nexon! We appreciate it very much. :)
    Taehyung