[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Starting class styles accessible to everyone?

ShiraBliss_realShiraBliss_real
Reactions: 730
edited May 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey guys, I have a suggestion regarding starter styles.

There have been plenty of threads with players lamenting their lost hairstyles, which is absolutely understandable because some people don't discover/understand the salon, so losing those precious starter looks can be upsetting. Here is my proposal: not only should maplers be able to get their original style back, but they should also be able to choose OTHER class styles to sport as well.

For example, let's say that you make a Resistance character. You get this character to level 100, and you've forgotten to save your original hair and face in the salon. You should be able to get your old face back... and also be able to pick another starter hairstyle from your class as well. After all, you did start with these options: you should be able to at least revisit them. This could easily be done with a cash shop meso coupon, or if Nexon would like to make a profit then an NX coupon would do the trick.

Another example, let's say that you make a Shade. You enjoy the playstyle a lot, but oh GOD you hate that hair! Royal coupons are nice, but you know what else would be good? Well, that Resistance class Silky Hair looks fly, and it would look GREAT on your Shade. Unfortunately, the hair does not circulate through Cash Shop at all, because it's a starter hair. Again, this could be changed with a cash shop meso coupon, or an NX coupon.

Having the options available is something to consider; a lot of maplers spend money and time doing free hair quests and getting style coupons. Why not expand the possibilities? There's very little to lose from having it as a feature.

~ ShiraBliss
  1. Would you like to be able to A) get your starter styles back, and B) pick from other starter styles?3 votes
    1. Yes! I 'd love to be able to get my old styles again, AND have other class starter styles available
       33% (1 vote)
    2. Yes, I'd love to get my old styles again, but I don't need to have access to other class styles
       67% (2 votes)
    3. Yes, I'd love to have access to other class styles, but I don't need my old one back
       0% (0 votes)
    4. No, I don't need either of these.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    I agree that characters who lost their original style (due to carelessness or due to being older than the salon) should have the ability to get that style again.

However, I do not agree with making class default styles available to everyone. If you don't like your class's style, there are hundreds of other styles to pick from. No need to appropriate another class's exclusive style.
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    I would like to get Demon Avenger's (f) hairstyle back. My account was way older than the salon feature. So to get the chance to get that hairstyle back, would be nice.
    As for other character's hairstyles being made available to all, no. I know some have been available in the past in royals, or in your hair salons. But I guess I prefer the royal coupon styles more. Preferably when they're not repeating themselves too often.