[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Content (PvE-Items/Drops-Possible PvP)!

TiskoTisko
Reactions: 600
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests

Hey all you Maplers out there. I just wanted to discuss game content with the community. I am a huge mmorpg fan. I played everything from League of Legends to World of Warcraft, for years. I came across Maple story, and let me say, I'm staying put. I love this game. It's fun, and not too demanding of its players, like other mmorpgs' that require you to be in a guild, or to spec your character an EXACT way for PvE. I eventually got sick of that. So, I started with MapleStory, found a cozy guild, and fell in love.

I would LOVE to hear any comments or suggestions from the Maple community to help me better understand the games advancement, and the players in the community. I just had a few suggestions about the in-game experiences involving the PvE factors, as well as a possible PvP ability in the future.

My Suggestions

1. I'm noticing that some of the bosses are a little too easy for level 200s and above. They can pretty much solo the content for lower levels, even on chaos settings. I was wondering maybe if the "level cap will ever be raised"" and "if there would be a possibility of a new difficulty for bosses? Possibly an "insane" difficulty, only for people at level cap, where you would still need a fair group of level capped Maplers to down the bosses? Afterwords, maybe the bosses will drop teared level capped gear, to prepare Maplers for future content?

2. I am a huge fan of the spin-offs (FriendStory, Blackhaven...etc.). However, with the level burn option, and the ability to engage in the Maple spin-offs so early, it really through your level content out of wack. I was level 100 before I knew you could start doing themed dungeons and such. Then, I had to go all the way back on Maple Guide to help me achieve completion of the early dungeons. It was quite a pain because teleportation stops in a certain section if your level is too high for the content in that certain bracket. So I had to Google a lot of areas, to see how to get to these mysterious low level dungeons. It could get in the way of things. In my opinion, this does not have any effect on the gameplay, which is quite enjoyable. This is a great game and doesn't effect the game negatively in any way. Just a suggestion of convenience.

3. Finally. I would like to possibly suggest a "Player Versus Player (PvP)" arena sometime in the future. I think it would be fun to all Maplers to be able to face off into one-on-one combat with one another, or a spar of some sort. Maybe have a portal someday, like the free-market one, that leads to PvP events. Then earn coins of some sort for treasures and loot. Wouldn't that be fun?

I would love to hear what everyone thinks should happen, and any discussion about future game content. It really places you in suspense, waiting for future content. Doesn't it?
  1. What would the MapleStory community like to see first? New bosses, new area/map content, or PvP?16 votes
    1. New Bosses
       25% (4 votes)
    2. New Area/Map Content (Quests)
       50% (8 votes)
    3. PvP Capabilities
       25% (4 votes)

Comments

• MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited September 2016
    Personally, I find that there needs to be adjustments made to pre-existing content. For example, while Zipangu got that recent face lift, it really is lacking in relevant content player like, such as decent training spots, worthwhile drops, and, most interestingly, compatability with certain rune bonuses (Rune of Hordes, Rune of Darkness). Hell, I wouldn't mind a daily quest in each zone telling us to kill 999 monsters every time. So long as it was worth it, such as a random item out of a pool of items + EXP. My biggest gripe with some quests is that they aren't repeatable or they aren't worth repeating.
    TiskoKerqxon
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I have some comments on your suggestions:

1. It is not just a matter of level that determines how easily a character can clear a boss - funding is the major factor in most cases. A problem with many bosses is that there is such a large disparity between "normal" and "chaos" that often makes normal to be too easy and chaos to be difficult or impossible.

2. The level burn you mentioned was only an event, so players do not always get to speed through the dungeon levels. Without the burn event, a player can clear most of the low level dungeons without being over leveled. However, I do agree that there needs to be more high level dungeons, especially at 160+.

3. We actually had 2 iterations of PvP in the past. The first one was relatively balanced since funding did affect damage, but of course there were still some very overpowered classes. The second one was definitely unbalanced due to funding playing a role in damage. Even without including boosts from equipment, it will still be very difficult to balance classes since there are so many of them.
    Tisko
  • NumbNinjaNumbNinja
    Reactions: 995
    edited September 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

1. It is not just a matter of level that determines how easily a character can clear a boss - funding is the major factor in most cases. A problem with many bosses is that there is such a large disparity between "normal" and "chaos" that often makes normal to be too easy and chaos to be difficult or impossible.

2. The level burn you mentioned was only an event, so players do not always get to speed through the dungeon levels. Without the burn event, a player can clear most of the low level dungeons without being over leveled. However, I do agree that there needs to be more high level dungeons, especially at 160+.

3. We actually had 2 iterations of PvP in the past. The first one was relatively balanced since funding did affect damage, but of course there were still some very overpowered classes. The second one was definitely unbalanced due to funding playing a role in damage. Even without including boosts from equipment, it will still be very difficult to balance classes since there are so many of them.
    I do agree with the above statement, but I have seen many people want pvp back. Despite how unbalanced it may be [funded people will probably win], many people still enjoyed it. Also I'm pretty sure that maple can implement a stat modifier system to equalize the damage of characters and their stats [similarly to league, smite, overwatch, etc.]. In that way, nexon has the ability to see clearly how to control buffs and nerfs of every classes [and the number of classes shouldn't be an excuse since the other games have to deal with balancing over 100+ characters, maple has around 40 ish]. This is my opinion though let me know what yall think. :D
    Tisko
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited September 2016
    if I recall correctly PvP was overtaken by botters and got rather empty after awhile
  • TiskoTisko
    edited September 2016

if I recall correctly PvP was overtaken by botters and got rather empty after awhile
    I can actually see that happening Dragon99099. It would be difficult, but it would be nice to see a functioning PvP arena.
  • TiskoTisko
    edited September 2016
    NumbNinja
    NumbNinja said:

ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I do agree with the above statement, but I have seen many people want pvp back. Despite how unbalanced it may be [funded people will probably win], many people still enjoyed it. Also I'm pretty sure that maple can implement a stat modifier system to equalize the damage of characters and their stats [similarly to league, smite, overwatch, etc.]. In that way, nexon has the ability to see clearly how to control buffs and nerfs of every classes [and the number of classes shouldn't be an excuse since the other games have to deal with balancing over 100+ characters, maple has around 40 ish]. This is my opinion though let me know what yall think. :D

Ok.. I know funding will also be a major problem for PvE issues, as well as PvP. I believe, as numbninja said, Nexon could balance the characters buffs, nerfs, and OPing abilities. I was thinking, once that's done, that instead of using funding for PvP, maybe players can go to the Cash shop to buy passes to tournaments. This way Nexon gets paid, and they would be happy. Then the players would earn PvP gear through participating in the events. They should then make level brackets, and accomplishment brackets, that dictate your opponents somehow (experiment). Then all PvE gear would be specified for PvE and PvP for PvP. This will keep all funding for character improvement for PvE irrelevant. This would be hard to do, and woul;d have to be well thought out and planned thoroughly, but it would be great to see. I think it would liven the game up dramatically. Some of the events do that in MapleWorld, but some are also very stupid and gay. Like those Mystic bosses. Like I said, it's 50/50 with the events, but then, some others may like what I don't.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    I personally think we should get more mid game bosses the gap between next boss you can take in insane at times IM LOOKING AT YOU HARD LOTUS.

EXAMPLE: Lotus 2 trillion HP is possible for a party capers to kill, Hard Lotus though has been unkilled in gms for a year due to it's first form taking so long to kill(lazers instantly kill you if they hit you and are insanely fast) and Hard Lotus has 8.2 trillion HP and has absurd defense.
    Tisko
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited September 2016
    definitely PQs and PvP. We need more player- player experience. And also, we're alrdy inhibited from that because of the chat delays/ glitches/ bugs.
    Tisko
  • TiskoTisko
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

I personally think we should get more mid game bosses the gap between next boss you can take in insane at times IM LOOKING AT YOU HARD LOTUS.

EXAMPLE: Lotus 2 trillion HP is possible for a party capers to kill, Hard Lotus though has been unkilled in gms for a year due to it's first form taking so long to kill(lazers instantly kill you if they hit you and are insanely fast) and Hard Lotus has 8.2 trillion HP and has absurd defense.
    See, I was not aware of this myself. I've been seeing a lot of level 200's just like 1-2 hitting bosses, and wiping them off the screen. It's kind of crazy. It's cool though. More bosses would definitely be a plus in all aspects.
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

definitely PQs and PvP. We need more player- player experience. And also, we're alrdy inhibited from that because of the chat delays/ glitches/ bugs.
    I agree with Blackbean on this. a good player-player experience would definitely be enjoyable and fun. PQs as well.

• KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    Tisko
    Tisko said:

Xerna said:

See, I was not aware of this myself. I've been seeing a lot of level 200's just like 1-2 hitting bosses, and wiping them off the screen. It's kind of crazy. It's cool though. More bosses would definitely be a plus in all aspects.
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

I agree with Blackbean on this. a good player-player experience would definitely be enjoyable and fun. PQs as well.

heres why Normal Lotus and Normal Damien can't be solo'ed unless your an OP Xenon or Kaiser(both got massive Nerfs)
    you cap at 50mil lines you will never get through those 2 bosses HP in time( the timer is insanely strict, you got 30 MINUTES TO KILL THEM)
    also Hard Damien is impossible right now( 24 trillion HP no one can do that kind of damage right now even in a party) and Damien has 1.2 trillion HP on normal mode, also bosses like Chaos Vellum( 200 billion HP can be solo'd by any class if your capping but only if your a pro)
    and all The other bosses range in difficulty from being very easy to insanely hard(I mean if think 20 billion is alot it is nothing to CRA which are mechanically and have HP ranging from 75 billion to 200 billion HP and have that can quite easily can wipe your party, Chaos Vellum im looking at you and your annoying 1 shot tails and you have 20 minutes to kill Chaos vellum 10 minutes for Chaos von bon 15 minutes for the other 2.)