[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Class Change Suggestions

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Purpose

● I feel like there should be a separate section on the forums specifically for suggestions people have for changes to be made for classes (I doubt any suggestions for a new class will ever actually be used). This is because every class can have a vast number of changes people want to be made, that putting them in the same place as other suggestions is overbearing.

● Many times when there are changes to a class, for the most part we have no say in anything at all, I understand for balancing reasons that we can't decide everything, but it feels like we should at least be able to shape the direction of the class in the future. There is also the fact that only really skills for 4th job and beyond are actually changed most of the time (besides something like converting a boost to final damage). Because of this, though some classes 4th jobs may be better now but the rest of their skills are still outdated and weak, and some classes mostly are ignored when changes are made.

● Basically I made this forum post to attempt to organize class suggestions so that they are easier to find, but I need the help of other forum members to do so. Post any suggestion threads you know of for the classes (or make one if there isn't one), and I will put them in the appropriate category. I know the suggestions can be conflicting, but isn't that the point, to find some middle ground that pleases everyone without causing problems with balancing.

Classes

Bowman
● Bowmaster
● Marksman
● Mercedes
● Wild Hunter
● Wind Archer

Magician
● Battle Mage
● Beast Tamer
● Blaze Wizard
● Evan
● Fire/Poison Archmage
● Ice/Lightning Archmage
● Illium
● Kanna
● Kinesis
● Luminous

Pirate
● Angelic Buster
● Ark
● Buccaneer
● Cannoneer
● Corsair
● Jett
● Mechanic
● Shade
● Thunder Breaker

Thief
● Assassin
● Cadena
● Dual Blade
● Night Lord
● Night Walker
● Phantom
● Xenon

Warrior
● Aran
● Blaster
● Dark Knight
● Dawn Warrior
● Demon Avenger
● Demon Slayer
● Hayato
● Hero
● Kaiser
● Mihile
● Zero

Comments

• GummiBareGummiBare
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2018
    I think for each class section, there should be a choice to swap to a different class, resetting skills, stats, and for classes like Phantom, Hayato, etc. It removes their weapons from your inventory.
  • GummiBareGummiBare
    edited June 2018
    GummiBare wrote: »
    I think for each class section, there should be a choice to swap to a different class, resetting skills, stats, and for classes like Phantom, Hayato, etc. It removes their weapons from your inventory.

This way you get to try out all the skills of a specific class section you like, without having to start over.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited June 2018

This way you get to try out all the skills of a specific class section you like, without having to start over.

Job reset coin already allows you to switch to a different class for explorers. Getting to 4th job (level 100) even without burning only takes a day. There are tickets for NX that allow you to buy characters pre-leveled.

With all this in mind, Nexon would much rather have you play the game for longer (retention) or buy it pre-made (profit). I'm not going to go into the logistics/difficulty/problems that might arise from implementing code changes for such a suggestion because I'm a) not a programmer for this game and b) thinking about this game getting even more bloated makes my head hurt.

• GummiBareGummiBare
    edited June 2018

Job reset coin already allows you to switch to a different class for explorers. Getting to 4th job (level 100) even without burning only takes a day. There are tickets for NX that allow you to buy characters pre-leveled.

With all this in mind, Nexon would much rather have you play the game for longer (retention) or buy it pre-made (profit). I'm not going to go into the logistics/difficulty/problems that might arise from implementing code changes for such a suggestion because I'm a) not a programmer for this game and b) thinking about this game getting even more bloated makes my head hurt.

Just a suggestion to allow people to waste less money, make them come back for more, and keep it less p2w.
  • gytyhhgytyhh
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2022
    They did not improve it at all and the worst of all is that neither the maple warrior nor the echo hero in the icon bothered to modify them as the adventurers continue as before, in the adventurers some improvements should be made to the character.