[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unbelievable lag

zSecretzSecret
Reactions: 620
edited July 2018 in General Chat
KMS getting 40 channels for some worlds, albeit I heard it's temporary.
GMS at this point (especially like Bera) needs this asap and permanent.

While I am happy Maple is reviving itself (short term, long term, who knows), It's absolutely ludicrous that this lag is constantly happen.

Nexon is honestly going to reverse the recent positive community opinion and growth of population if it doesn't fix itself.
The fact that people are using their Maple Relay Smegas to express their feelings of frustration of constant lag reflects how trash the servers are right now.

The number of times I have disconnected especially in crucial moments such as HT, PB, Pollo & Frito, and so on is simply too much.

While yes I would love to have a damn world merge, I do NOT want to disconnect/lag like 20 times a day.

Even worse are the times when you afk in Discovery Field for Ark coins OVERNIGHT and you wake up to see you disconnected overnight.
  1. Opinions17 votes
    1. I crash harder than someone pulling an all nighter
       88% (15 votes)
    2. Servers are 110% perfect
       12% (2 votes)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    You cannot compare server stability of KMS to GMS. Entirely different continents, especially since players from many countries try to connect to GMS' servers.

And I don't think "server stability" is the reason why KMS is doing that.
  • zSecretzSecret
    Reactions: 620
    edited July 2018
    You cannot compare server stability of KMS to GMS. Entirely different continents, especially since players from many countries try to connect to GMS' servers.

And I don't think "server stability" is the reason why KMS is doing that.

Nonono, it's not the only reason they're doing that

KMS released Tera burning which allows burning up to lv 200. As a result of this, a few things happen:
    1. KMS general player count went up
    therefor
    2. Channels became too crowded (towns, training spots, etc)
    3. Server stability suffered a bit

The increase to 40 channels is temporary for the duration of the Tera burning event because it's expected that the player count will be higher during the event period.

In comparison, if you look at channel selection for worlds like Bera, Scania and Reboot, you'd notice that compared to weeks ago, the bars are way more filled
    Channels are being flooded with the increased player count which inevitably leads to a hit in server stability
    xLelouchz
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    So the reason is because of Tera burning, saw it on Orange mushroom blog.

We will have to wait and see if GMS even gets Tera. And how tera affects the servers if we do get it since KMS has a higher population than GMS. GMS might not even need the expansion, except for Reboot or Bera, but Bera was pretty empty when I made a character there during the burning event. But even in this burning event or even right now that Reboot is full, I don't lag. In bera I had lag spikes, but the channels weren't even full. So, I really doubt channel expansion will change the stability of bera, as it may be the hackers in the server that create this instability.

Which brings me to my first point, you cannot compare KMS servers to GMS.
    xLelouchz
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2018
    the problem seems to be on your end
  • FixTheLagBeraFixTheLagBera
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2018
    Lag is getting out of hand in Bera, multiple people I know just afk now or don't even login because they can't do anything in the lag. How is it that Reboot don't have any lag with a bigger population than Bera. It's espeically awful with ping reliant classes like Dawn Warrior or Kinesis. Fix your damn servers Nexon, an MMO in 2018 should not be a damn lag fest
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited July 2018
    I will admit this and only this, the "lag" in question is a mixed bag for starters it happens in certain maps and ch's mainly the high grinding maps.

I can tell when the lag come when mobs start NOT dying after taking over 100mil dmg so i spam cc till i can cc then i can kill again till the lag comes back.

If i do nothing and just afk or do the lil events i get 0 lag and its fun time all the time mainly if i dont go out of towns or train i dont run the risk of lag, BUT i did find something interesting while training for a brief second or two there was a floating character right at the entrance of a map and right after they go poof the lag ramps up to 11 it might mean nothing or it might mean everything idk but i would just like someone to look into it. (not like im going to train my ark past 200 anyway without 5th job XD)
    ruth02