[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2 Step Verifications for accounts upon registering

LyedenLyeden
Reactions: 1,510
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello! I think it'd be a nice idea to setup a phone verification upon registering a new account, maybe it could solve botters making thousands of accounts..
And for old accounts would be nice to attach a phone number too, or something. It'd be nice for account protection too, since a hacker can easily change our email adresses if they know our email and passwords on the site (it says it sends a code to the old email account, but it sends the code to the new one you entered)...
So yeah. dunno if nexon global would ever make such a solution. i guess nope, but i thought ill post this as an idea.

Comments

• FixTheLagBeraFixTheLagBera
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2018
    Yes, attaching phone numbers to accounts is actually great. That is until Nexon decides to falsely ban people again so they can't make new accounts :l
    Lyeden
  • FixTheLagBeraFixTheLagBera
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2018
    They should do something similar to the KMS system with SSN required, so 3 accounts limited per phone number
    LyedenKerqxon