[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot NA>EU Region Transfer

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I think it would be a good idea to have a world/region transfer between NA Reboot and EU Reboot for the upcoming EU Reboot release (assuming this isn't actually already planned.). It would also of course be necessary to give players the same character slot number in the EU Reboot as they have in the NA Reboot. Sure the latency would be better for EU players on the EU Reboot, but I don't see any EU players that invested time in the NA Reboot giving up their progress just for a smoother experience. I'm from NA but I think this would help everyone if the EU players could keep their progress in their Reboot world. Giving more of an incentive for them to transfer like being able to move their characters there would take off some stress from our servers trying to connect users from another part of the world.
darikRoseole

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I don't see it happening to be honest.. no matter how much people might want it.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    It would kind of not make sense not to do this to be honest though lol. I think it's kind of too late now, if they did it when we first merged, it would have been good, but now there may be too many EU players on NA Reboot with high level characters, that making the EU Reboot now would be kind of pointless if there's not much incentive to switch. Like say 5 people join EU Reboot, would making a whole world just for them have a purpose?
  • MachoGamzerMachoGamzer
    Reactions: 445
    edited July 2018
    So the new European Reboot server was just announced, and I got really excited but the excitement was short lived. [Link to Announcement]

I didn't find any information about the possibility to transfer characters from the NA Reboot server to the new EU Reboot, so I contacted the support-chat and got this feedback:

Hello there, MyName! Unfortunately, Reboot characters from NA won't be transferred to the new Reboot server for Europe.

So this thread is to suggest an event or some sort of possibility to transfer characters to the new server, because I highly doubt there is alot of people who wants to abandon all progress just to get less lagg.

Thanks for listening and please post comments about ur thoughts/suggestions

Regards,
    Macho
    darik
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Edit: Oof they merged the threads already.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Probably not gonna happen because of IGNs, I'm assuming EU Reboot will share the same database as EU Luna for that.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    I wouldn't support this. Like any new server > class etc, there's a competitive streak amongst players to fill the Number 1 spot in certain things, with certain things.

New Reboot EU server begins with equality of opportunity. That's how it should be.
    Raskler
  • MachoGamzerMachoGamzer
    edited July 2018
    I wouldn't support this. Like any new server > class etc, there's a competitive streak amongst players to fill the Number 1 spot in certain things, with certain things.

New Reboot EU server begins with equality of opportunity. That's how it should be.

Important to note that this isn't like a whole new concept being released. This is a new server created so that people from the EU can have the same lagg-free reboot experience. And to take some stress from the only reboot server to spread it out. So in my view it makes sense to allow EU people to transfer their characters that they have used alot of time on, onto the new server which is created so they can have a better experience.
    ClawStaffHishotododarik
    edited July 2018
    Whenever there was a new world released, players competed to become number 1 in that server. I just said this exact same thing. Those new worlds weren't any different than the ones already existing. EU reboot falls under the same thing. There was a competitive streak when reboot first came out, and there will be one when EU reboot is released. No one is claiming it's a new concept, but it is by definition a new server, EU doesn't have a reboot, now it will, hence it is a new server, is it not?
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, while I don't see a transfer happening, I also don't see many established players moving to EUReboot. The cost of restarting on a new server just outweighs the potential benefits. If the goal of the new Reboot server was to offload some of the population and provide a better service for EU players, I am suspect to Nexon's ability to accomplish this. It will be okay for new EU players so long as they are comfortable slogging through everything without any high level players help.
    darik
  • MachoGamzerMachoGamzer
    edited July 2018
    Whenever there was a new world released, players competed to become number 1 in that server. I just said this exact same thing. Those new worlds weren't any different than the ones already existing. EU reboot falls under the same thing. There was a competitive streak when reboot first came out, and there will be one when EU reboot is released. No one is claiming it's a new concept, but it is by definition a new server, EU doesn't have a reboot, now it will, hence it is a new server, is it not?

It's important to look at the motivation behind the decition to create a new server. If it's to allow more people to play thats fine, but this I feel is to give EU players a better experience (and better server stability for NA players) to spread it out, and I don't really understand why you would force the current EU players to either stay on the laggy NA server or start all over on a new server when the purpose of the new server was to get a better experience for everyone. And if the competition to rank 1 is the biggest concern, we can have a 2 week-1month delay so that the people who want can compete and get a medal? idk
    darik
  • NivMSNivMS
    Reactions: 210
    edited July 2018
    Can we please get the option even if we have to pay, to transfer our characters from NA reboot to EU reboot?
    Feel like I just wasted my time on NA reboot
    darik
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    The thing about being ranked the highest in the new world shouldn't have any impact on whether you want a transfer option or not because it has nothing to do with why EU Reboot was suggested in the first place. It was suggested to give people from the EU region a better playing experience by having a local world/server, not to be the top player in the new world. Also your "accomplishments" would be meaningless if only a few players joined EU Reboot, because all you'd have to do to be number one in something is play a class no one else has yet.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2018
    Yea I just don't see Nexon doing it, they're too scared to meddle in spaghetti code for it to happen. Plus there is money to be made in a new server. I however support character transfer because reboot NA is way too crowded.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Lol another separate thread about this.
  • HishotodoHishotodo
    Reactions: 960
    edited July 2018

You consider the made-up and inconsequential "Race to #1" more important than accessibility, population, and overall health of the new server (and the current one, in terms of overpopulation...)? Weird. I feel like you simply set out to be contrarian. That, or you have awful priorities.

I can guarantee this server will be way less successful than it could have been with a server transfer. The EU players will have to think about the opportunity cost of either staying or going - and I'm sure many will be staying. While the ping may be worse, it's obviously still playable as they're playing in it now. Will that ping difference add up to the amount of hours, work, cash shop equipment/investment, and important event equipment they may never have access to again? Probably not.

I feel like this is a big stepping stone for both the EU server and the NA Reboot server. Wasted potential.
  • yonut32yonut32
    Reactions: 640
    edited July 2018
    Nexon, don't waste that oportunity to give us server transfer from NA reboot > EU reboot.

Old EU players from NA Reboot server will help a lot to grow that server and helping new comers.

Luna players will remain luna players.

darik
  • TimesRefluxTimesReflux
    Reactions: 555
    edited July 2018
    I'm coming back after a 3 year hiatus for this EU reboot server, if I joined on day one and the dojo had a level 250 person at number one getting the gloves, i'd quit straight away. The overall health of the server is the competition and everyone leveling up together. It's no different than nexon releasing a new server (progression server) with a big update. People who fall behind in the race due to certain circumstances im sure will find it refreshing to have another shot to level up with people before everyone and their mother are at the end game content. We'll see how it pans out, but we've been fighting for this for years and, I for one, chose not to play NA reboot solely to wait for the EU reboot, yous chose not to and you knew that when it did become available that there was no chance of a transfer, at least not for the first year.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Except no one had any idea they were even considering making an EU Reboot, people asked for years with no clear answer. How are the EU players that made a character on NA Reboot at fault for that. And stop using the competition as a point, no one who suggested EU Reboot wanted it just to compete with people. There willl be almost no competition because it's more worth keeping your progress than starting over just because the latency will be a bit better. They could get a ton of more player's from a transfer in EU Reboot than you think competting on a new world will bring. Even in game people are using smegas to discuss not wanting to go to the EU Reboot.
    darik
    edited July 2018
    You know what, I retract my argument. I'm not even a EU player, so my input is irrelevant. I'll be making a character there regardless.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited July 2018
    At the beggining I see no point to allow transfer from NA to EU, as the fun of a new server means everybody starting an adventure equally and together.

"CC or my friend 200+ will come to ks you till you quit"? No ty.

If the launch of the EU Reboot server is not as successfull as we though I'd say to let the NA players transfer in a near future.