[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DAs Reg Server Post15+ Star Progression Discussion

xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
Reactions: 1,860
edited July 2018 in General Chat
I done what I can to figure out what's fine for Demon Avengers going for 17 stars at least. Reboot DA's progression for 25 stars (technically 22) has been made by Scardor. Regular Server DA's not confirmed yet because it varies because of scrolling. It is possible that regular server 22 star progression for DAs would be the same as reboot, who knows. I want to open the discussion to all the regular server DAs. Please keep in mind that this is ASSUMING Sweetwater will not go higher than 15 stars. Up to this point, I've asking alot of ppl but been getting no help whatsoever so I been kinda working on this on my own. We all know that 6-set Arcane Set is the BEST-IN-SLOT besides Transposed Sweetwater. But I want to get away from that and focus on the other equips. I mainly want to focus on the "accessories", especially deciding on what gollux equip to replace (except gollux rings since they are so obviously the best). Also, please consider that HP from "Star Force Conversion" doesn't apply immediately unless you have it equipped (it's understandable because it's inconsistent due to the fact that Star Force HP does change depending on what Star Force you're at), increasing the star force (which is 135 HP per star by the time you hit 5th job). I'm still gonna keep looking because there hasn't been anything confirmed for Demon Avengers in regular server.

Note: I definitely will get this wrong.
What Gollux Item to replace? (You can only replace 1 to maintain the full 4-set effect)

-Superior Gollux Earrings for Meister Earrings
Here is 1 question you need to think about: Will Gollux get past 15 stars? If yes, you better hope that you get really good scrolling stats on the earring (ICOGs/COGs). You can also use return scrolls but it may require NX and/or Reward Points. You can pair the earrigns with Meister Ring for that 10% HP effect. If not, then Meister Earrings would definitely be the winner here for that situation (Meister Earrings with Meister Ring will beat out Superior Gollux Earrings).

-Superior Gollux Belt for Tyrant Belt
It's really easy for non-DA classes and I'm going assume that they will keep both Gollux Pendants and get the Tyrant Belt. This IMO is probably the riskiest path for Demon Avengers. Again, will Gollux get past 15 stars? I usually get my Tyrants to about 10 stars max because I'm not confident, and also I'm only planning getting to 17 stars on the Superior Gollux Belt. You want to be careful with this option due to Star Force Conversion because you won't be able to see the results from that upon comparing until you actually equip it. However, a 15-star Tyrant Belt will definitely kill the 22-star Superior Gollux Belt. If Gollux cannot go past 15 stars, then Tyrant Belt would win by a long shot. But are you willing to risk so much? No-booms does exist but you may need to pair up with Guardian Scroll. You all are wondering why I didn't put a 100% yes for this. The main reason is because it really depends on your progress on your Tyrant Belt before the release of 25 stars. If you have the Tyrant Belt that's already been ready (eh maybe about 11-12 stars or higher) before 25-stars is released, then Tyrant Belt would automatically be the best choice in this situation (This does NOT apply to non-DA classes because they benefit from the Superior Stats in early progress). Personally, as a Demon Avenger, if I don't have a Tyrant Belt that's ready by any means, I'm definitely going to try to get 17 stars on the Gollux Belt.
This option will definitely give you the most damage increase but again, are you willing to risk a lot of money for it?

For the first 2 cases, Demon Avengers will probably use the 3-set Boss ACC (Condensed Power Crystal, Black Bean or Papulatus Mark, and Pink Holy Cup) until you're going for the HARD BOSS set.

-1 weakest Superior Gollux Pendant for Dominator Pendant
Now this is currently what I already have. You can get the Dominator Pendant from Maplehood, Normal Arkarium, and crafting at Ardentmill. There's one in Takeover/Relay Event box tier 4 but I'm highly against getting it from there because of stats being garbage. Plus you can't clean and enhance it either. Now, the Dominator Pendant's obviously useless for non-DA classes but what made this special was that, like Chaos Horntail necklace, you get 10% HP from the Dominator alone. But why not Chaos Horntail necklace because it's so easy to get? The answer is obvious. Not only Dragon Stone are bad for DAs and HP Spell Traces not being good enough, you can't really flame for better stats because I been hearing rumors that the regular Horntail Necklace is a boss item while Chaos Horntail Necklace is not considered one. Dominator Pendant may be a boss item but I'm not sure since I only flamed it once and got tier 5 HP line with 3 other flame stats.
This option is useful under certain conditions:
1. Will Sweetwater get 25 stars? If Sweetwater does not get hit with 25 stars, then proceed to condition #2. But If Sweetwater does get 25 stars (especially for accessories), then additional testing may be needed if you just want 17 stars, but if you're going for 22 stars, then this option would not be the best choice because other than pocket item, your Condensed Power Crystal is the only item that cannot get past 15 stars. You're probably better off trying the Meister option.
2. Do you have at least 2 boss accessories equipped? If yes, then this could be the 3rd piece of the boss accessory. The reason why I say 3rd piece is because there's no effect for having 4 accessories equipped.

So with this, you can try to go for the 5-set Boss Accessory effect because after equipping 5 boss accessories using Dominator Pendant, you get a bonus of 10 ATK and 10% HP, plus the 10% HP from Dominator, making it 20% HP. But how are you going to do that? There's Dominator Pendant, Condensed Power Crystal, Black Bean/Papulatus Mark (both are hard to get), and the Pink Holy Cup. But where's the 5th one? We all know with this option, you already switched out 1 Superior Gollux Pendant. So you can't switch either the Gollux Earrings, Gollux Belt, and the Gollux Rings. But who said I'm switching out the gollux rings? You never ever switch out the gollux rings but you do have 2 other rings left, right? So you're looking through the list of rings in the Boss Accessory set and there's only the Horntail Ring and the Noble Ifia Ring. But guess what, none of these rings are above Level 130, so they can't get past 15 stars. However, there is one ring that's Level 130+ and some people happen to ignore this ring. It's called the Scarlet Ring. It's famous for being a lucky set item. Everyone should know what lucky set item does. The Scarlet Ring can act as a 5th piece for the Boss Accessory Set, claiming that effect that gives you another 5% HP and 5 ATT. But wait, you still need to fulfill 2 conditions:
1. Same condition as #1
2. Do you already have 4 boss accessories equipped? Why 4 instead of 2? The answer is so obvious. For the Scarlet Ring to work correctly, you need at least 3 pieces of a set that contains a ring? So for those that don't know, if you have just 2 boss accessories and you're trying to use the Scarlet Ring, it will NOT work. I said this would become a 5th piece because like I said, you don't get anything from equipping 4 pieces.

So one ring slot remains, there's the Chaos Ring (this is only if you intend to stay at 17 stars). or Solid Gollux Ring 17 stars. Kanna or Meister Ring if going for 22 stars.

For now, these are just options for accessories that may be useful for Demon Avengers. For armor, there's some obvious suggestions for Demon Avenger such as CRA+Tyrant armor (legit end-game, 4 CRA+4 Absolab (22 stars or if their Tyrant has less than 10 stars)+Lucky Hat , 6 Absolab (22 stars or if their Tyrant has less than 10 stars) and the MOST OBVIOUS...6-set Arcane. I hope this kinda helps (probably not), but I wanna hear some better suggestions for Demon Avengers in Regular Servers because there hasn't been any guide on that other than reboot. I'm definitely sure there's a better guide than this. Keep this discussion going because I want to see more suggestions.

Oh btw, 6-set arcane. There's actually two ways to approach this. You can either farm for all 6 arcane items OR you have the lucky hat and farm the other 5. But the 2 main drawbacks for using a lucky hat is that you'll definitely lose out on alot of stats which you could've earn on a arcane hat. Why? Lucky items aren't considered to be a boss item because of how inconsistent it is, so you can't get good flame stat. 2nd, you'll lose out on Star Force stats which you could've get on a Arcane Hat. SO, the choice is yours, more farming for great stats or less farming for mediocre stats.

P.S. I had to do the entire thing myself because there wasn't anyone that can help me on this and then...my head hurts.

Comments

• TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2018
    Yo xxhorntailxx here is some more info to take into account, the max hp from sf conversion currently is 160 hp per star on the kms system it is reduced to 140. What most da's dont know is after exstensive testing, i have learned that the hp from starforce conversion does not scale with %hp. It is a flat bonus equal to that of the hp we get from arcane symbols. Your welcome

Also dont go scarlet helm! Scarlet shoulder would be better than the helm. Come on man! I know u would forego the 2pc meister bonus of 10% but u r trading off for 6pc arcane bonus 30%hp

If they dont incorporate 25* on gollux and non transposed sw, there will be a large portion of the end game crowd including whales to leave for sure and they wont be going to ms 2 or maple mobile that is for sure.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    edited July 2018
    Yo xxhorntailxx here is some more info to take into account, the max hp from sf conversion currently is 160 hp per star on the kms system it is reduced to 140. What most da's dont know is after exstensive testing, i have learned that the hp from starforce conversion does not scale with %hp. It is a flat bonus equal to that of the hp we get from arcane symbols. Your welcome.

From my experiences on the 8-Star Tyrant Cape compared to my 13-star Absolab Boots (I'm on 4 CRA, a few Absolab items), I actually blew up my boots up going for 10 stars. My 8-Star Tyrant Boot I blew up had 21% HP total compared to the 13-Star 14% HP Absolab. From what I find, even tho the difference is about 200k range, I only lost about 20k range instead after looking at my stats window. The difference got decreased by 180k and I think it's possible that it could be scaled with HP% because normally a 5-star difference wouldn't compensate that much. That's just from my experience. That may not sound obvious LOL.

Also dont go scarlet helm! Scarlet shoulder would be better than the helm. Come on man! I know u would forego the 2pc meister bonus of 10% but u r trading off for 6pc arcane bonus 30%hp

I never said Scarlet Shoulder would work on the Meister Set because for a Scarlet Shoulder, you would obviously need a full set Meister, which is obviously not what you want. You would only need the Meister Earrings and the Ring for the 10% HP. I will say that the Meister route would be a wise choice because it works whether or not SW and Gollux will get hit with 25 stars. As far as your claim on the Lucky Hat, I agree with you completely. You can actually flame a Arcane Hat and get the Star Force Stats a lot better on the Arcane compared to "CVellum Helm". I definitely agree that Scarlet Shoulder would be the 2nd best option instead of the hat and you can't flame shoulders no matter what, despite that it has 13 ATK less than the Arcane. The reason why I brought up the Lucky Hat is I already have one at 25 ATK with 13 ATK from bonus. The only sets for that application would be the 4 CRA and 5 Absolab combo. Obviously, I'm too far from the Arcane Set so what I'm speaking of is possible ways for like mid-tier end-game. The lucky hat is more of mid-game.

On that Meister route, I'm just hoping RNG would do good for me. Even though it works both ways, because I'm only for 17 stars, and if Gollux does get 25 stars, then I would definitely need good scrolling stats from ICOGs and COGs, with return scrolls. (but you can clean it up with Ark Innocence Scrolls and then rescroll)

For rings, there's the obviously 2 gollux rings, a chaos ring (cuz its difficult to get past 3000+ HP), and a meister ring.
    I already have a Dominator Pendant, which you get up to 24 atk, in case the 5-set acc would be a backup (then you would have a Scarlet Ring instead) but main route would be the meister for the time being. I brought up the situation with dominator because right now, it killed off one of my superior pendants. But i will say that you can craft meister earrings and ring from ardentmill and another reason to why meister's the easiest because you can't craft papulatus mark and scarlet ring (which both are much rare).

That's a great suggestion.
    edited July 2018
    Well god i hope they 25* everything, the only exception should be at the worst is 25* transposed tyrants, hopefully the tyrants transposed already and future transposed tyrants get the blue stars essentially locking the item on the superior starforce system this would be most ideal imo.
    edited July 2018
    Also here is a much simpler test to prove to u hp from our star force conversion skill only gives a flat rate. Get an item with no potential or +hp on the base of the item star it to 5 make sure the equip doesnt get +hp just from the standard starring cause that hp does scale and remove a n equip. Put said item on and look at paper doll hp, and then take it off amd check the difference. It will only be 5*160 that will be the only difference assuming u have over 161 sf currently
    edited July 2018
    I wouldn't be so sure because the only ones that we can think of for testing on is Tyrants (i dont feel like bother putting alot of money just to test it). I asked Scardor about that and he said that the HP from Star Force Conversion does get affected by HP%. I'm gonna guess if the HP doesn't get scaled, then it would probably be indicated on the skill.

Actually let me try getting a weak heart for it.
    edited July 2018
    Update: I grabbed a heart which doesn't have Standard HP from Star Force. It has 5 stars and HP I got after equipping was 3304, from Garnet Heart. So the conclusion is that HP from Star Force Conversion does get affected by HP%
    edited July 2018
    Well tickle me pink i wonder if they changed something
    edited July 2018
    Well that can change some things that 7* over 15 superior stars could be significant.
    edited July 2018
    oh btw, ima have made a mistake on my part but are there certain non-weapon equips that you should only scroll for attack, other than gollux and tyrants? some of them i used icogs on them, for example: CVellum Hat, Condensed Power Crystal, Sengoku Badge, and Absolab Shoulder (I will be changing out the items once we know what's confirmed).
    The rest of my armor is like 70% traced for HP, with the exception of Absolab Glove (30% traced for ATT).
    On to replacing the earrings, what's a good way to scroll a Meister Earrring so it can beat a 46 ATK Gollux Earring?
    edited July 2018
    You want to scroll for +wa anything that doesn't get the full armor hp bonus of "470" hp. This includes face&eye accessories/ rings/earrings/pendants and tyrant belt.

It would be better to 30% trace tyrants cape and boots for 470hp, plus u gain +1 wa bonus on your 4th 30% hp scrolling of these tyrant pieces. Thank the powers that be for ark innocence scrolls! Final mention shoulder, definitely should be 470hp 30% traced and badge you got no choice but icogs.

As for meister earrings, if u can afford it you got two options either get your hands on 8xpremium scroll for accessories for wa 4-5 or icog with a 4-5 wa avgerage both ways are going to be expensive :( but cheaper than 15* tyrants lol. Your welcome!

edited July 2018
    SW and gollux is confirmed to get past 15 stars.

2 sw accessories would get around 20 atk each at around 17 stars, making the total around at least 40. i'm getting the feeling that if i have the 21 atk condensed power crystal, and hopefully a nicely scrolled papulatus mark, dominator pendant at 24 atk with 10% (which already overpowers 1 of my gollux pendants because dominator can be flames properly while gollux cant and even if i have both my sw accessories), holy cup, and a scarlet ring....
    adding all of that with the 5-set accessory effects (10% HP and 10 ATT), wouldn't that beat out those 2 (unflamed) sw accessories?

I felt like because 25 stars hit gollux, wouldnt it actually be much more difficult for the meister earring (paired up with the ring) to get past the gollux earrings at around 17 stars (even if you icog'd it)?

The Tyrant Belt seems to be the only easier route but expensive ughhh
    edited July 2018
    SW and gollux is confirmed to get past 15 stars.

2 sw accessories would get around 20 atk each at around 17 stars, making the total around at least 40. i'm getting the feeling that if i have the 21 atk condensed power crystal, and hopefully a nicely scrolled papulatus mark, dominator pendant at 24 atk with 10% (which already overpowers 1 of my gollux pendants because dominator can be flames properly while gollux cant and even if i have both my sw accessories), holy cup, and a scarlet ring....
    adding all of that with the 5-set accessory effects (10% HP and 10 ATT), wouldn't that beat out those 2 (unflamed) sw accessories?

I felt like because 25 stars hit gollux, wouldnt it actually be much more difficult for the meister earring (paired up with the ring) to get past the gollux earrings at around 17 stars (even if you icog'd it)?

The Tyrant Belt seems to be the only easier route but expensive ughhh

Agree with the belt statement, we still don't know if tyrants transposed to sweetwater will be getting 25* i have a feeling their stars will be blue stars and not able to be moved with transposing to the 25* system. Arwoo made a loud and clear statement on his twitter maplestory post just after the 8 minute mark someone asked him to see the superior gollux set bonus and he pretty much stated he couldn't do that at this time... Meaning Superior gollux set bonus has been NERFED 100%. as for sw tattoo and glasses, that depends largely on your sw tattoo and glasses as mine are 33% hp each were nebbed pre neb removal so have tier 5 hp, the ony thing tthat will rival that for a long time will be the dark boss accessories which is looking nicer as time goes on. magic eye patch, lotus face, hilla's pendant/will's pocket

As for the normal boss set meh! the levels of a lot of pieces hurt, chaos pap mark pink holy cup, maybe dominator pendant, but every way i spin it, it sacrifices a lot.

this 25* patch is essentially another paradigm shift, like the bb patch was, so expect most gears to become obsoleted and the massive time money put into them as gone. Now our current gears for the most part are only good for helping us get the next set of end game gears and the paying cycle repeats itself, i suggested an nx item to relieve the burden... destroying an item for its main potential to move it onto a higher level or different item for this reason but greed always prevales, someone has to feed nexon so they can have their sky scrapper and the garden on the roof and the kids playground outside that doesn't get use lol
    edited July 2018
    i checked the livestream and he was playing in a test server, and judging from wut i see, gollux will get 25 stars. dark boss would definitely be better in the long run. my sw tattoo's at 15 stars, 21% HP, with no atk (since there's only those premium scrolls for atk), while my zakum face accessory is at 10 stars and 21 atk, 18% HP (that definitely can't go further). still havent got my pap mark yet. I'm definitely keeping the holy cup. My dominator's still at epic at 6% HP, while my weakest gollux pendant has 15% HP, and even when i wear my 2 sw accessories, my dominator would beat out my weakest pendant if I tier up the dominator pendant a little bit more but that could change after the release. I'm currently trying to get the items for the other possible outcomes right now (which including meister earrings and ring). Tyrant belt would take me another 5 weeks to get. I already blew up a ton of Tyrant boots enough LOL. I'm also working on my 2nd Tyrant Cape because it has better flame stats (Tier 6 HP and Tier 6 ATT), which you dont get to roll to as much.
    edited July 2018
    I forgot to add the nerf to the gollux set could go one of 2 ways only:

Either they gonna nerf the full set bonus OR they gonna unchange the 2 superior pendants in the set forcing u to require the belt if u want the full set bonus.

Considering they added the 2nd pendant to circumvent the kms lucky item change, they may very well revert it which would be fantastic cause then u have to make the tough choice of tyrant belt vs superior gollux belt and the trade off is pretty fair if comparing 15* tyrants to 22* superior gollux roughly 50 wa vs 30% boss not to mention whne u compare the superior set to the lesser gollux sets it is kinda silly as they are only 4pcs in the set vs 5 in the superior set which has a double in it lol... it will be exciting to see what they do!
    edited July 2018
    That would be lovely XD. Anyway, just got the Meister Earrings with like Tier 4 HP (-370k range). added the 6% HP pot (-300K). Obviously, I haven't equipped them yet. Still trying to final Primal Essence. I'm like dying to know what more will happen on the 25th.