[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Low spawn rate maps and content

BurnitureBurniture
Reactions: 400
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There are some maps in this game where the monster cap is high, but the spawn rate is unbearably low. As an example, most Lion King's Castle maps have a monster cap of 20+, but the map spawns only 3-4 monsters every 5 seconds, much lower than most maps in the game.
So I made this thread to post some of the maps and content whose spawn rates are abnormal. I'm listing such abnormalities here, and I hope other users will share their experiences as well.

[CONTENT] Lion King's Castle (Does NOT apply to Rose Garden maps)

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2018
    Agreed, since they aren't party play maps anymore. KMS actually buffed the spawn rate of a couple maps back in the Nova update, but Nexon "forgot" to copy paste that.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, idk why LKC still needs those low spawnrates, it's not party play, and there's better maps to grind exp in anyway, all the low spawnrates do now are make the Von Leon prequests unbearable.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2018
    For reference, this is the normal spawn rate of Bearwolves in the 4th map for GMS:
    20180720173217329_211060700.png

and KMS:
    20180720173340494_211060700.png

Note that this was in the Nova update, and most LKC maps in KMS are still only 4 mobs.