[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Launcher Settings

RazMetaRazMeta
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
Recently, Nexon Launcher has been running on my PC whenever I started it up so I went to the launcher settings of the Nexon Launcher and attempted to turn off "Run Nexon Launcher when my computer starts". However, if I close the settings tab and go back to the settings tab, the option seem to re-apply itself. Is there any fix for this problem I am having with the settings of Nexon Launcher. (This is happening to all settings not just that one).

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Are the changes being saved? There should be a small green dialog box that pops up when the change is saved.

In addition, you can manually disable any program from startup using the Windows settings. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and open the Task Manager. Go to the "Startup" tab, right-click on the program you want to remove, and select "Disable".
    RazMeta
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Are the changes being saved? There should be a small green dialog box that pops up when the change is saved.

The green box pops up but the settings don't actually get saved.
    RazMeta
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited July 2018
    I can't confirm then, my setting save just fine. Try manually disabling the launcher via Windows settings.
    RazMeta
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I can't confirm then, my setting save just fine. Try manually disabling the launcher via Windows settings.

I can confirm the changes being saved is shown (but the changes aren't saved)

for ex: usually i always had a check mark on the don't show dismissed Pop-Ups (after a recent update to the nexon launcher, adds always show, even after clicking multiple times on the don't show ads, and re-installing,re-starting, and even full-shutdown of the pc didn't fix it, so it's a problem of the launcher)

so in short; the nexon launcher save feature doesn't work properly, and i even propose that the gamelauncher.exe (will be brought back, since that had no, or less problems then the current nexon launcher; even the developers, and while the game is on testing, the game being used with Gamelauncher.exe (AKA; Direct Launch)

NEXON should have never forced us to use the buggy, and unstable/unusable NEXON launcher (which still feels like it's in Alpha)
    RazMeta
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Having same issue where launcher setting is not being saved. Same situation, small dialog box says it saved but doesn't actually.
    RazMeta
  • RazMetaRazMeta
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2018

In addition, you can manually disable any program from startup using the Windows settings. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and open the Task Manager. Go to the "Startup" tab, right-click on the program you want to remove, and select "Disable".

For some reason I don't see a startup tab in task manager, I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited July 2018
    RazMeta wrote: »
    For some reason I don't see a startup tab in task manager, I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate.

That'd be different, then.
    https://kb.iu.edu/d/adlf

Go to the Start menu, select "All Programs", then click "Startup"
    Right click the program you don't want and select "Delete"

If the program isn't in the Startup menu, do this:

Press the Windows Key+R and type in "msconfig"
    Click on the "Startup" tab
    Uncheck the items you don't want
    Press "Ok"
    Restart your computer to finalize the changes