[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make the Absolab Weapon from the Relay event 17*

kaopikaopi
Reactions: 845
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

I already made a post regarding this, but I think it was too long. In summary, I think the Absolab weapon from the Relay event should be changed from 12* to 17*. My reasons are the following:

-The 25* system will be introduced before anyone has been able to claim the weapon.

-This is the way it is in KMS.

-Releasing this event with the 12* Absolab Weapon Reward, and then releasing a patch that will make this weapon obsolete before the event ends, seems illogical and unfair to those participating.

-This event is very time consuming and has very strict requirements, and the majority of players participating in it, are doing it to get reward better than anything they could otherwise get on their own, which won't be the case with 25*.

-This event will have to be adjusted to 17* in the future regardless, it seems unfair to make people participate twice in such an event when they could have gotten the reward the first time around (specially considering that you need 120 boxes now instead of 96).

-There is a significant number of people that are frustrated with how expensive and time-consuming it will be to reach end-game with 25*, and this would be a good incentive for those people to be happy about this new system.

-There is time to adjust the reward, and it will be fairly easy compared to implementing the 25* system, and also taking into consideration that it is already set-up this way in KMS.

-It doesn't make sense to complete this event otherwise.

Thank you for reading,

What do you guys think?
  1. Should the Relay Absolab Weapon be adjusted to 17*25 votes
    1. Yes, make the weapon 17*. A 12* doesn't make sense in a 25* system.
       84% (21 votes)
    2. Don't make it 17*, leave it at 12*, but at least allow for it to be starforced to 17*.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. No, leave it at 12*. This event will be introduced with a 17* weapon in the future anyway.
       16% (4 votes)

Comments

• kaopikaopi
    edited July 2018
    BUMP
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    This request was made to Nexon the day 25* were revealed.
    However, even that might not have been enough time to change the event's rewards.
    We just have to wait and hope.
    kaopi
  • kaopikaopi
    edited July 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    This request was made to Nexon the day 25* were revealed.
    However, even that might not have been enough time to change the event's rewards.
    We just have to wait and hope.

Hey, I really appreciate the reply! Glad to know this request was already made before, and I guess we will see when the new patch is implemented. Hopefully, Nexon was looking ahead of this, and was ready to adjust whatever would be negatively affected by this new starforce system. Also, I don't think adjusting it shouldn't be too hard, since KMS already has an event exactly like this with the 17* version of the reward.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited July 2018
    Are you sure it was actually 17stars in KMS? o-0 17* seems excessively high and 12* is reasonable for me.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited July 2018
    you can't even star force it anyway. the box made it clear that you can't trade, enhance or even clean it. so you can't even star force or use innocence scrolls on it anyway. i heard they give trash stats on the equips from relay. not worth it, don't bother expecting good stats from it.
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited July 2018
    considering the event has been announced before the 25* system announcement it would be hard lame for thes who haven't bothered yet. I would go with the last option to boost it for the next relay event to 17*. Also I agree with xxHorntailxx above that the relay ver is relatively bad and imo it should stay as cheap version if you ask me. Boosting it to 17* is relatively strong.
  • kaopikaopi
    edited July 2018
    thrakkes wrote: »
    Are you sure it was actually 17stars in KMS? o-0 17* seems excessively high and 12* is reasonable for me.

It is. 17 stars is pretty good, but considering that the goal is 22 stars, and you won't be able to get past 17 stars with this weapon, I think it is actually pretty good for a weapon that is better than what you can get on your own, but still easy to be replaced once you get a Fafnir or better.
  • kaopikaopi
    edited July 2018
    Enokumo wrote: »
    considering the event has been announced before the 25* system announcement it would be hard lame for thes who haven't bothered yet. I would go with the last option to boost it for the next relay event to 17*. Also I agree with xxHorntailxx above that the relay ver is relatively bad and imo it should stay as cheap version if you ask me. Boosting it to 17* is relatively strong.

Even though it was announced before, the 25 starforce system will still be implemented before anyone has received their rewards. At the earliest, you can get your weapon on 7/31, and the new starfoce system will be implemented on 7/25. You do have a point that it would be kind lame for those that have not bothered yet, but I think it would be worse to make those that actually bothered, have to repeat the event again when it comes back with the 17* version of the weapon. The people that have not bothered with the event would have to complete it in the future regardless. Also, those who didn't bother with this event are probably the ones that already have a better weapon than the one they would get (A Fafnir or higher), and that weapon would still be better than the one from this event, even if it was 17*. The relay is a very time strict and time consuming event, the only reason people participate in it is to get a reward better than what they can get on their own, and this wouldn't be the case with a 12* Absolab with the implementation of the 25* system.
  • kaopikaopi
    edited July 2018
    you can't even star force it anyway. the box made it clear that you can't trade, enhance or even clean it. so you can't even star force or use innocence scrolls on it anyway. i heard they give trash stats on the equips from relay. not worth it, don't bother expecting good stats from it.

The reward was pretty good when the maximum was 15 stars, it was a good alternative for those that could not clear the content to get something better, which are the majority of the demographic participating in the event. Also, in Reboot, there is no scrolling or enhancing, only starforcing, flaming, and cubing. People from regular servers didn't bother with this event in the first place, because as you said, the stats on the weapon are not good, but it was actually good for Reboot, at least to help you progress further. With 25*, this will no longer be the case, and there is a significant amount of the player base in Reboot.
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    edited July 2018
    kaopi wrote: »
    Even though it was announced before, the 25 starforce system will still be implemented before anyone has received their rewards. At the earliest, you can get your weapon on 7/31, and the new starfoce system will be implemented on 7/25. You do have a point that it would be kind lame for those that have not bothered yet, but I think it would be worse to make those that actually bothered, have to repeat the event again when it comes back with the 17* version of the weapon. The people that have not bothered with the event would have to complete it in the future regardless. Also, those who didn't bother with this event are probably the ones that already have a better weapon than the one they would get (A Fafnir or higher), and that weapon would still be better than the one from this event, even if it was 17*. The relay is a very time strict and time consuming event, the only reason people participate in it is to get a reward better than what they can get on their own, and this wouldn't be the case with a 12* Absolab with the implementation of the 25* system.

The whole point why I wouldn't like to see that happen is because 17* will make the weapon significantly stronger, simply because of the 16th and 17th star. It wouldn't be an optimization to the system but a huge buff to the weapons themselves
  • HarmlessHarmless
    Reactions: 660
    Any word on this? It is seriously a slap on the face of everyone of us who worked hard on this event, if they keep it a 12 stars with no way tp upgrade it.
  • kaopikaopi
    edited July 2018
    Harmless wrote: »
    Any word on this? It is seriously a slap on the face of everyone of us who worked hard on this event, if they keep it a 12 stars with no way tp upgrade it.

Haven't heard anything else, all I know about it is what has been said on this thread. If Nexon has not addressed this yet, and since they didn't implement the change in patch v.197, I would assume they are not doing anything about it, but I guess there is still a bit of hope. Keep in mind that, even though almost everyone participating in this event would like for the reward to be adjusted, there's probably not enough people participating in it for Nexon to see it as something significant, so they can pretty much just brush it under the carpet without anyone noticing it.
  • kaopikaopi
    edited July 2018
    kaopi wrote: »

The whole point why I wouldn't like to see that happen is because 17* will make the weapon significantly stronger, simply because of the 16th and 17th star. It wouldn't be an optimization to the system but a huge buff to the weapons themselves

That is fair, and I think that it is a perfectly respectable opinion. I just think that 17* compared to the goal of 22* is fair for an event as time consuming and strict as this one, taking into account that those 5 extra stars from 17 to 22 are extremely significant, and way harder to reach. However, I guess I could compromise with the weapon being 15* instead, the whole reason I suggested 17* is because that is the way it is in KMS.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

At 12* this weapon is weaker than a 17* Pensalir - which is something that is relatively easy to get under the new system.
    Argentkaopi
  • HarmlessHarmless
    Reactions: 660
    edited July 2018
    So... you can't even pot it... 1 month work for this..............
  • kaopikaopi
    edited July 2018
    Harmless wrote: »
    So... you can't even pot it... 1 month work for this..............

Yeah, pretty disappointing. At least this is obviously a bug, since in the patch notes it specifically says that it is a "Unique" Absolab Weapon. So it will probably be fixed, unless Nexon decides that this is "working as intended" as well.
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    edited August 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

At 12* this weapon is weaker than a 17* Pensalir - which is something that is relatively easy to get under the new system.

Hard to compare. To reach 12* isn't as hard as reaching 17*, talking from meso and the chance of hitting 17* on an original AbsoLab weapon. I honestly don't expect casuals to hit 17* that soon in the game progress so idk if that's a good comparison. Could be buffed to 15* but 17* is imo too strong.