[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Monad] Disconnect using Wind in Forest

TodkooTodkoo
Reactions: 100
edited July 2018 in Bug Reporting
Guys, Gals!!!

In Monad, theres a part where you have to destroy these jelly looking things and you have to use the tree's that blow purple air to get you into the trees. EVERY time i get on one of those maple crashes. I dont know if its a bug or w/e i just want to finish this.... and i cant continue unless i complete this... anyone please help me.... THANKS!

Comments

• Me2UMe2U
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited July 2018
    same here... I passed it by not going on those things that make you hover with teleport but it took me couple tries because of d/cing this is defiantly a bug
  • TodkooTodkoo
    edited July 2018
    what class are u? im a DB but its hard when those slanted ones are pointed right at me when i FJ....
  • TotallyBrokenTotallyBroken
    Reactions: 720
    edited July 2018
    Same here, going ahead and using the bug report formatting before a mod comes in to tell us to do so.

Bug type: Repeatable Crash/Disconnection from Game

More details:
    During the Monad questline, when you have to destroy Jellyrashes in the Forest with Alika, riding the wind updrafts can very easily and repeatedly cause a disconnect to the main Maplestory menu/server selection screen.

Steps to reproduce:
    Reach the quest "[MONAD: The First Omen] Lone Battle" (possibly a few quests sooner), and jump into, move around in, or be moved by the wind drafts in the maps where you attempt to destroy Jellyrash monsters. It is very likely that at some point you will be disconnected from the game suddenly.

Character name:
    MikeSwordGuy

Character level:

Character job:
    Hero

World name:
    Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
    July 25, 2018, 10:16 PM

This reminds me a lot of the good old Dragon Rider party quest's disconnect problems. I wonder if the wind drafts happen to use a similar effect to the "Soaring" skill drpq uses which consistently caused these kinds of problems. You'd figure they'd quit trying to implement things like these that keep breaking the game the same way...
  • AnAndroidAnAndroid
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2018
    Yeah I'm getting the same problem here, thought it was just me but seems like everyone is having problems too
  • Daniel1954Daniel1954
    Reactions: 715
    I was getting disconnected in a few of those (it didnt happen everytime though), had to use Rope to climb up and flash jump when it was safe to avoid most of them, still got caught in one or two but on fortunately they didn't dc me.
  • BstrayBstray
    Reactions: 200
    I have that problem too, I get stuck in the Abrup Basin Village of Act 2. There is no way for me to continue or restart even if I wanted too.[
  • JordstersJordsters
    Same here, going ahead and using the bug report formatting before a mod comes in to tell us to do so.

Bug type: Repeatable Crash/Disconnection from Game

More details:
    During the Monad questline, when you have to destroy Jellyrashes in the Forest with Alika, riding the wind updrafts can very easily and repeatedly cause a disconnect to the main Maplestory menu/server selection screen.

Steps to reproduce:
    Reach the quest "[MONAD: The First Omen] Lone Battle" (possibly a few quests sooner), and jump into, move around in, or be moved by the wind drafts in the maps where you attempt to destroy Jellyrash monsters. It is very likely that at some point you will be disconnected from the game suddenly.

Character name:
    MikeSwordGuy

Character level:

Character job:
    Hero

World name:
    Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
    July 25, 2018, 10:16 PM

This reminds me a lot of the good old Dragon Rider party quest's disconnect problems. I wonder if the wind drafts happen to use a similar effect to the "Soaring" skill drpq uses which consistently caused these kinds of problems. You'd figure they'd quit trying to implement things like these that keep breaking the game the same way...

I'm experiencing the same issue.
  • XProwlXXProwlX
    stuck in Abrupt Basin-Spring Wind Hollow, I cant advance after defeating the enemies. If I talk to Alika, I just replay the battle over and over again. Am I doing something wrong?
  • eriksoomineriksoomin
    edited July 2018
    i keep dcing at the part where you have to kill the purple things in the trees
  • omegasuperkidXomegasuperkidX
    edited July 2018
    Has anyone else been crashing when in the 3rd mission area of the new Monad adventure?? Today after the event when I made it to mission 3, it seems I would crash almost every time I was in the map with the tree's that make you fly upward..
  • XProwlXXProwlX
    edited July 2018
    stuck in Abrupt Basin-Spring Wind Hollow, I cant advance after defeating the enemies. Am I missing anything or doing anything wrong?
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    The issue has been acknowledged, as per [Patch Issues Notice] Monad Update v.197. Thank you for the reports.

For some of you, please remember to follow the format outlined in the Bug Reporting Guidelines, as it provides clarity for the issue being reported.
  • TodkooTodkoo
    edited July 2018
    now i cant move onto act 3.... i jsut finished act 2 but act 3 wont open up.... anyone?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Todkoo wrote: »
    now i cant move onto act 3.... i jsut finished act 2 but act 3 wont open up.... anyone?

The blockbuster is divided into two parts. Part 1 has been released. Part 2 (along with the Julietta boss) will be released on August 1st
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/32876/updated-v-197-ark-monad-patch-notes#monad