[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

YouTube: Journey from lvl 205 from 250 in Pensalir

Comments

• ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    All,

After days of your patience and interest, Level 207 has been reached. As of 07/28/2018 after 8:00PM; Thoner has been Level 207. If you missed the Twitch broadcast, you do not need to worry. The videos were saved on Twitch; look up thonerdualblade to see the full event ( the 2 1/2 hour video and each video made later is the full events video). This does not end here though. I will try to reach Level 208 before August 24, when I start graduate school. If I manage to finish faster, I want to reach Level 210 before August 24.
    Thank you all for your interest in this. Your interest in this goal is the only reason I considered pursuing this goal. Many of the videos will be longer than before since I was crunching for time; I hope to not need to do that again but I understand the importance of consistency so let me know if you want videos to fall in the following ranges of time:

1-20:59 minutes
    21-40:59 minutes
    41-60:59 minutes
    61-80:59 minutes
    81-100:59 minutes
    101-120 minutes (max, except on twitch)

I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Sincerely,

Thoner
    (On Twitch: thonerdualblade)
    email: thonerthedualblade@gmail.com

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    btw what world are you even playing in?
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    btw what world are you even playing in?

Zenith is where this particular character is; I also have a secondary main in Broa that I am trying to build.
    edited July 2018
    Ah, very cool, very cool
    Thoner
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Heyo, long time no comment on this post. Good to see that you're still at it.
    Thoner wrote: »
    Cygnus on easy mode (She wrecked me before...)
    Normal Magnus ( I have like, no confidence with this...)
    Hard Hilla (No... my attacks do almost nothing.)
    Chaos Horntail (Sure... fine...)
    Chaos Pink Bean (I have never been, but Normal Pink Bean Takes a while so I have low confidence...)
    Normal Pink Bean (Use it to go for the win; screw the struggle!)
    Normal Arkarium (The last time I did this; his health bar continued to recover faster than my damage output... plz no)
    Grind for it (Sure. But why?)

Out of the bosses you listed I'd probably put them in order of least to greatest difficulty (based on damage needed + mechanics) :
    CHT < NPB < ECyg < NMag < NArk < HHilla < CPB.
    The main problem with NArk and HHilla is that you can't solo either unless you have enough burst to outdamage their heal (as an atk based class, for NArk you'd have to kill him before he summons second set of snakes and for HHilla you'd have to kill her before her cages comes back around).
    The main problem with ECyg and NMag is constant good mechanics (ECyg avoid tornado + genesis combo, NMag avoid meteors).

On a semi-related note, not sure if you've already thought about this or mentioned it in the post, but with all the reset new contents, there's been new ways to raise your damage cap (flames, node enhancement, increased star force, etc), you might want to hard-set what you want to take advantage of. (Mainly saying this cause of Arcane force, cause with the time I've played I have pretty high Arcane force, which adds ~700k to my total damage. And with how much times passed, even though you only have VJ symbol right now, I'm assuming it's slowly leveling up.)

Anyways, keep up the good work!
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Hello @YinYangX,

The event where I Leveled Up to Lvl 207 on Twitch finished as of Yesterday. However, I will keep what you said in mind for when I am near Lvl 208. I will also level up my equipment before attempting anything harder than Normal Magnus (If I try anything harder; they can heal faster than I can damage atm. XD). Again, thank you for your interest and information; I will message comment again the next Saturday I hold a "Level Up" event and videos recording the broadcast are linked below.

Sincerely,

Thoner
    https://twitch.tv/videos/290418038 (Video with most of the Leveling Up progress).
    https://twitch.tv/videos/290472509 (Video where Level Up and finishing comments actually happen).
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Hello All,

While going through my videos and organizing them to be more chronologically correct than before (since the last several episodes were off and the next few may be as well if I cannot reorder them properly but, by episode 60, no similar problems should happen ever again), I thought about @YinYangX's most recent comment to this discussion and it made me think "hmm, what can Thoner withstand at the moment?". With this question in mind I am going to have another twitch event next Saturday, "Finding Thoner's Limits", if interest is greater than disinterest. Since I just recently Leveled up, this is the perfect time to see what the hardest boss I can handle (without dying) is. However, the end result of this is either me fleeing, like a coward, from a at-the-moment insurmountable enemy or just dying to said enemy, causing me to take a bit longer to reach Lvl 208. I will post a poll under Off-Topic Discussion in this forum to see everyone's interest, including whether I should gamble exp near the end of Level 208. I look forward to seeing all of your thoughts on the matter.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Hello all,

Like this comment if you think I should use my Maple Reward Points on a Black Cube, say this comment is insightful for using the rewards points on at least 1 premium water of life for my blackheart pet, comment if you have your own ideas. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Thoner
    TachikawaHiyoko
    edited August 2018
    I would say farm reward points daily, so you have enough for the water and maybe one or two cubes. If your pet has already expired, Id say do the pet before the cube.
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Hello all,

As of yesterday, I am already ~1/3 of the way through level 207 (assuming I do not die). My goal is to get to at least Lvl 208 before August 24th and I plan to broadcast again (even though I am guaranteed serious lag again). As you all requested above, I revived my pet, black heart and I was able to focus on increasing the quantity that I grind (not desperately picking up Mesos at the same time) so I should be able to do more, even faster. At this rate; Lvl 210 in Pensalir may be possible before my first class.

However, though I am now making serious progress, the videos on youtube do not reflect that at all at the moment. I bring this up since, at my current rate, I would not be even 1/2 way to lvl 206 by New Years Day 2019. After counting the remaining videos until the Lvl up to Lvl 206 is posted, I realized there are 67 videos remaining and if I post 4 each weekend it would still take 17 weeks before YouTube has videos where I am Lvl 206. With this in mind, I was considering posting 2 or 4 videos each weekend; if I do 4 videos, 2 would be posted on Saturday at 8:00pm, the other 2 on Sunday at 8:00pm. Please like this comment if you want an increased video rate; claim insightful if you want me to keep going at a 1 video per week rate on the Journey from Lvl 205 to Lvl 250 in Pensalir Gear Playlist. If you have alternative suggestions, comment on them by quoting this sentence.

Thank you for your responces and interest in this playlist.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Hello All,

This week, for Episode 46, Hard Von Leon is challenged. Please let me know what you think in the comments or forum.

Sincerely,

Thoner
    edited August 2018
    you know now with flames and such this is even more popular. Off screen try farming for nodes, pretty much thatll be your bread and butter if youre going full pensalir. You can pretty much get 6% all stat on all pensalir gear and then Boss/dmg/all stat on the weapon in bonus stats.
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Hello @DarkPassenger,

I will admit, given the volume of videos already made and the repetitive nature of the grinds, it would be great. Especially since, even with a large external hard drive, I can barely fit the data for the videos onto both my computer and hard drive but part of Journey from Lvl 205 --> 250 in Pensalir is to show the full journey. However, if it will suffice to have, in video, text commentary explaining the change in exp and equipment and what I did (it will never be a boss), I would love to do that since I can barely run the game on my computer and, with the lose of storage, I have been trying to move video files out, download and redownload the game, to say the least, it is a bit of a mess. If I can fix these issues quickly, I can grind, by bossing or otherwise, the other ~70% I need to Lvl up to Lvl 208. But I am keeping your comment above in mind. Thank you for your comment, I love getting comments and receiving feedback and I appreciate the time you put in.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Hello All,

@DarkPassenger made a good point in his most recent comment before this comment and it would help me a lot to not record repetitive things in game (I am running out of space on both my pc's hard drive and my external hard drive. But I also understand that the point of Journey from Lvl 205 to 250 in Pensalir Gear is, well, to show the entire Journey. With that in mind, I want you all do decide if I stop recording mass arcane grinds and weapon upgrades and just make note of EXP% gained off camera and how it was acquired. For example, if I did some serious arcane grinding, at the start of the next video, in one of the top corners, I would have typed: 'Arcane Grind of Camera, Gained __.__% EXP and gained ___ arcane vanishing journey symbols.' and it would disappear after the first 20 seconds of the video. What are your thoughts? Like DarkPassenger's comment above if I should go with it (I will not count mine unless a tie breaker is needed), give the comment an insightful if you think I should keep everything on camera, comment below if you have your own ideas. Thank you for your interest and participation.

Sincerely,

Thoner
    edited August 2018
    I mean, you can always grind to say 90% then train for 10% on camera, it compresses the length of videos and the upload time on your part. As well as saves space.
    cause to be honest, if you started the journey at 200, it is difficult to make content and pull in viewers. Since from what I noticed, people like relating to the progression of leveling up and seeing where it all started.

If you ever make a series in Windia, let me know. But if you make a series in Windia, my condition would be that it not be just pensalir stuff, cause I run CRA (no cvell. still practicing it) and I can help you get the gear, so my condition would be any class youd like, full F2P in Windia (with help)
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I mean, you can always grind to say 90% then train for 10% on camera, it compresses the length of videos and the upload time on your part. As well as saves space.

It is funny that you brought this up; I actually plan to do that for when I am on Twitch.
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

Thoner wrote: »
    Like DarkPassenger's comment above if I should go with it (I will not count mine unless a tie breaker is needed), give the comment an insightful if you think I should keep everything on camera, comment below if you have your own ideas. Thank you for your interest and participation.

Does this mean I should assume it is a tie? Lol. (Like if it is a tie)
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    ***[Level Up Event (Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 6:00pm-(whenever Level 208 is achieved)]***

Hello All,

I am a bit late due to technical errors, I am not sure why I keep getting the same errors but I will continue looking into how to quickly resolve them myself or with tutorial videos. Meanwhile, assuming no more tech errors occur, I am currently 85.71% through Lvl 207 so I will be broadcasting the entire event on twitch. As recommended by @YinYangX,
    YinYangX wrote: »
    CHT < NPB < ECyg < NMag < NArk < HHilla < CPB.
    will be fought in that order. I will also be challenging Normal Von Leon (Hard Von Leon if I can boost my characters damage output) enough in a test. If you have any recommendations on how I should progress through the stream, please comment below. Thank you all for following this series.

Sincerely,

Thoner

• ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Hello All,

Thoner is now, officially, Level 208! Just search for the event under the events tab and the Lvl 207-208 events videos will be available. Thank you all again for your intereset in this series.

Sincerely,

Thoner
    YinYangX
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    ***[Level Up Event (Saturday, September 15, 2018 at 6:00pm-(whenever Level 209 is achieved)]***

Hello All,

Thoner has made some serious strides, especially when compared to his usual pace. Today I had Thoner go from 0.2% lvling progress to 38% progress in only 4 hours. I know others have done way better but the rate of pacing has grown. I will continue to grind until I reach 90-92% Through Lvl 208, then we can do the Level Up Event. I want to increase Thoner's Damage output before attempting Easy Cygness (this time...) and Normal Magnus... (again...).

Apparently, in the last level up event, I accidentally attempted Normal Cygness (of course I would get wrecked). That mistake will not happen a second time. I will also attempt Hard Von Leon again, but only if I can increase my arcane power to a Lvl 10 VJ orb.

Thank you all for following this series.

Sincerely,

Thoner