[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

It's useless to complain about nerfs - accept them

RedLeafHeart777RedLeafHeart777
Reactions: 930
edited October 2016 in General Chat
It wasn't gms that decided to nerf aran/evan/kaiser. This game was made by korean developers, so they make the decisions.

"Oh well, this is gms! We don't have to follow korea, we can rebalance on our own!" Yeah, just take a look at jett.

If we keep some classes different from kms versions, it can and will cause problems with future rebalancing. So it is much wiser to simply listen to what kms tells us to do.

So, for that reason, whining here is quite pointless. If you truly want the nerf to be reverted, then learn korean and speak directly to korean developers.
JettLuvsU

Comments

• DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    This is pretty normal. When Nexon revamps classes, usually they are OP and get nerfed like **** months or year+ later. The problem is people are always going to moan when their main is nerfed. This isn't LoL or DotA where your favorite champ/hero simply gets nerfed. In MS and other MMORPGs you have invested lots of hours and or money.

When Mechanic came out they were OP as ****. A year or two ago everyone was complaining about NightWalkers. Right now Evan and Aran were one of the strongest classes. How does it make sense that a 1.3mil buffed Evan kills Cvell faster than a 2mil-2mil clean Cannon Master LMAO.

I'm 1.2mil buffed Aran (280% boss, 93% IED), and after this nerf i can't even solo Hellux anymore, more times i need to go to the ground and clear those minions. Takes 50-1min to solo Hardlux, before i killed it in 20 seconds. And Aran is getting more nerfs in next patch. I don't really care though, since 5th Job and V-cores should mitigate a lot of that.

edit: also Kaisers and Lumi mains are the biggest whiners
    Aggraphine
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited October 2016

i dont know i wish gms had more "control" instead of kms all the time yet... sometimes they do nasty stuff aswell soo
    BlazeDashLilyflowerOdysseyTwo
  • BlazeDashBlazeDash
    Reactions: 765
    edited October 2016
    They need an intervention xD

https://youtube.com/shared?ci=ARYJaKGCvpw
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    DepressedAran

This is pretty normal. When Nexon revamps classes, usually they are OP and get nerfed like **** months or year+ later. The problem is people are always going to moan when their main is nerfed. This isn't LoL or DotA where your favorite champ/hero simply gets nerfed. In MS and other MMORPGs you have invested lots of hours and or money.

When Mechanic came out they were OP as ****. A year or two ago everyone was complaining about NightWalkers. Right now Evan and Aran were one of the strongest classes. How does it make sense that a 1.3mil buffed Evan kills Cvell faster than a 2mil-2mil clean Cannon Master LMAO.

I'm 1.2mil buffed Aran (280% boss, 93% IED), and after this nerf i can't even solo Hellux anymore, more times i need to go to the ground and clear those minions. Takes 50-1min to solo Hardlux, before i killed it in 20 seconds. And Aran is getting more nerfs in next patch. I don't really care though, since 5th Job and V-cores should mitigate a lot of that.

edit: also Kaisers and Lumi mains are the biggest whiners
    Kaiser was one of the most OP classes from a dps standpoint, with Gigas Wave and Dragon Link giving higher attack speed. Luminous, on the other hand, was a brain-dead "stand in one spot and use the same skill til 250" mess.

Kaiser's system as it now stands still makes no damned sense to me, but as far as Luminous goes, give it about a week or so and everyone will either get used to it or move on to some other class.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited October 2016
    DepressedAran

This is pretty normal. When Nexon revamps classes, usually they are OP and get nerfed like **** months or year+ later.
    They nerf to the point where it's not even necessary? Take a look at Hero, longer cooldown AoE shout, useless Abnormal status affect against bossing? Please.... and maybe extremely slow attack delay hyper even with cap attack speed? (Regardless or both 2 soft cap and 0 break cap).

I'd like to hear their reasons about this from the developer too. What's wrong with Hero back in Red Patch? We didn't even reach the top 10 classes even with revamp? (We sat at 17th by the way, which is below Cygnus Knights).....

Even back when 4th Jobs came out, Hero is still one of the underdog classes that keep getting on nerfs-list without any reasons?

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    Wasn't jett suposed to be revamped in GMS too? I mean in it got revamped in JMS or CMS if i remember in the mushroom shrine tales, and jett still the same jett in GMS...
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    DepressedAran

This is a problem with the players though. The ones complaining the loudest are the bandwagoners that deliberately chose to make a main that they knew was OP as and then complain when they are dialed down. This happens over and over and over and over, and they have no one to blame except themselves