[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How the LAB legion block could have been

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Instead of the block size being based on level and... 250 being quite likely impossible in <20 days we could have designed the lab block rewards differently.

You still "unlock" them by doing the 150/200 quests. But the number of blocks in each is based on the number of challenges you complete.

Examples below. Could be changed to more interesting things of course.

Basic legion block (unlocked at 150). Earn up to 5 "blocks" for your legion space by completing these challenges:

Reach level 200 as any warrior.
Reach level 200 as any magician.
Reach level 200 as any thief.
Reach level 200 as any archer.
Reach level 200 as any pirate.

It's quite basic but it's the "easy" block.

Enhanced block (unlocked at 200). Earn up to 5 "blocks" for your legion space by completing these challenges::

Solo kill chaos zakum
Solo kill chaos vellum
Solo kill normal lotus
Solo kill chaos papulatus
Reach level 200 as any job in a special "no bonus hp" mode. Speak to NPC <name> to toggle no hp mode. (The intention here is that hp scrolls would have no effect, but you can still earn hp by leveling, from skills, from buffs, etc.)

I don't expect LAB to be changed at this point but could be something to consider for next time.

Comments

• UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited August 2018
    The last part of the second block I'm pretty sure would be almost impossible since enemies for the most part hit extremely hard. 200 on all 5 classes would take a very long time, and who wants to do RA 10 times?
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Yes it may be overtuned but "Examples below. Could be changed to more interesting things of course."

The main idea for the no bonus HP is to not be able to cheese by having 500k. None at all may be a bit much, could do something else like locked to 500 HP/level.

Also it's lab you're allowed to break all the rules - they could remove the 10 normal RA entry requirement for CRA.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    why can't it just be done the way it was originally designed to be done
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    chooz wrote: »
    why can't it just be done the way it was originally designed to be done

very good question. I assumed they decided it should be harder but I wish they chose something doable within 20 days not 250 hackerstory.