[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Auction House Search Algorithm

YinYangXYinYangX
Reactions: 3,995
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in General Chat
So not sure if it's a "bug" yet, but I think the Auction House search algorithm/logic got reverted/modified with the July 12, 2018 minor patch. The reason I say this is because when I search "Advance Equip Enhancement Scroll" in the Auction House booms are coming up before no booms when ever since (I think) the Ark Patch 4 weeks ago (when they updated the AH search logic) no booms have shown up before booms. Also before today's minor patch, if you searched "Prime Scroll" the order they would appear would be Accessory, Two-Hand, Armor, One-Hand, but now it shows up as Accessory, Two-Hand, One-Hand, Armor (Armor and One-Hand switched order).

Anyone else notice anything else different about the Auction House search algorithm/logic?
ChroniusNightmare

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    The AH search algorithm got changed again after today's patch, now Primes go 1h, 2h, armor, acc. The order of Pensalir also changed from cape>boots>hat>armor>glove to boots>cape>glove>armor>hat. Can someone please give a formal reply as to why the search algorithm keeps getting changed?
  • RyderGRyderG
    Reactions: 900
    edited July 2018
    use specify search
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    RyderG wrote: »
    use specify search

I'm not saying I can't find my items. >.>
    I'm saying if I do a "general" search where multiple items with similar letters, the order of the items have been changing after each recent maint. If you're not used to using some of the in depth functions of the AH, understandable why you're confused. To dumb it down a bit, let's say I search "scroll" and scrolls A, B, C, and D show up in that order (named scroll A, scroll B, scroll C, scroll D, hence why they all show up when I search "scroll"). After a maint, when I go into AH and search "scroll" again, this time they show up as B, D, C, A in that order for some reason, meaning the search logic/algorithm got messed with or something.
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited August 2018
    I've noticed this, too. Before, you could search for armor from hat to glove, but now it's scrambled. It's a minor inconvenience, but still a small problem that I don't think Nexon would be willing to adjust.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I've noticed this, too. Before, you could search for armor from hat to glove, but now it's scrambled. It's a minor inconvenience, but still a small problem that I don't think Nexon would be willing to adjust.

Ya, especially since I'm keeping an excel sheet on how prices fluctuate which I update daily and it's annoying when the order is messed up cause I can't tab to the next column to adjust cells. =l
    (massive information/data collector, xd)

But I've noticed that it happens repeatedly and wasn't just a one time error thing, so it could be that the algorithm "updates" itself during maintenance and changes its order using some sort of data it gathered in the time between maintenance and is intended.