[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bidding on Auction House

NesakysiuNesakysiu
Reactions: 635
edited September 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Good day. I have a suggestion, which is bidding on items on auction house. If someone bids on an item, seller can either refuse that offer or simply accept it. Ofcourse there are many other ways, i.e "higher bidder wins", etc... I think that would be useful to both sides.
OR Atleast make it possible to see sellers name on auction house, so that the buyer could contact the person whos selling the item.
YinYangXEnokumo

Comments

• EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited September 2018
    This sounds pretty silly you don't know who you are going to sell the items in the end.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    Considering the name of the thing is "Auction" House, bidding would've been a good thing to have. Just like Ebay.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    They had offering, at least, in the Korean version and they took it out before we ever got Auction House.

There was apparently a big problem with all the lowball offers people would get, and apparently people were scamming each other by sending offers where the message would state the price of the item the seller listed it for, but actually only put up one meso.

These things are pretty easily fixed, but they just got rid of it altogether, so I'm guessing they're not really thinking about putting it back in any time soon.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Not sure if we're allowed to mention it, but old BasilMarket system. ;;
    (Pls remove/censor if we're not suppose to mention that site, just covering bases since I know there's another site "who's link must not be stated" due to "this and that".)
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited September 2018
    Brilliant idea. The auction house could be so much more advanced. The reality is otherwise if I feel I can get a better deal on an item in auction house that I want to buy or I know it is likely someone else won't buy it, I simply wait the 24 hour expiry period and wait for the seller to post the item for less. Too much risk and patience involved in this method. Very tedious process. Definitely should be bidding involved. (in regards to the post above saying some people were scammed- maybe Nexon could add an optional 'price floor' when you upload an item to sell so buyers know a seller won't accept less than X amount, or perhaps have a 'no bids' option)..

There could also be a bulk purchase system. Maybe for example if I buy a few hundred nodestones the seller is willing to offer me a price break?

Considering this system replaced the entire previous free market system there definitely should be further elaboration on its functions.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited September 2018
    Also when you have some valuable stuff you're selling it would be nice to get some offers on those rather than just dropping the prices all over again until they are finally sold. it takes way too much time.

and maby some kind of system where highest bid is visible and the item is sold automatically when the 24h limit is reached (atleast requires that you can't bid less than half of the items price) that would work on stuff that is quite hard to sell due to low player base.
    atleast i'm starting to get little bit annoyed about selling stuff for several months and ending up either selling it for low price or being stuck with items that noone really wants