[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

There's 59+ Medals with Medal in their names.

TrashcantTrashcant
Reactions: 1,050
edited September 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Medals are a means of labeling someone as a respected player in that category. Medals usually have the naming scheme according the wearer's accomplishments. Medals have their name over a uniquely designed layer plastered under a player's character. Medals can also be a visible feature when a player uses a Super Megaphone. However there are Medals that start or end with the word "Medal". This means that the item is not according for the wearer, it's according for the item itself. Medals like these feel subtlety different when looked at from under a character. Medals like these are obviously not the same when a player's character uses a Super Megaphone with one equipped. In Super Megaphone messages the Medals act as a prefix in their character's name.

There are currently 59+ Medals like this: Celebrity Medal, Katara Pro Medal, Katara Expert Medal, 2010 Rudolph Medal, Maple Guidebook Medal, Devoted Excavation Member Medal, Maple 3000-day Medal, Maple Guidebook Medal, Kerning Engineering Scool Medal, Mu Lung Dojo Medal, Cyclops Hunter Medal, SIU Wingtree Medal, Time Traveler Medal, Call It a Comeback Medal, Devourer of Worlds Medal, Maple Bounty Hunter Medal, Maple 8th Anniversary Medal, Sengoku Expedition Master Medal, New Face Medal, Medal of the Bushido, The Bladed Falcon's Medal, Medal of the Morning Moon, Medal of Wind and Steel, Medal of the Razor Gate, Maple Ghost School Medal, Maple Ghost School Medal, 2013 Burning Maple Medal, Unleashed Medal, Allience Leader Medal, Lucky Star Medal, Omegas Medal, Medal of Slaughterer, Chair King Medal, All 4 One Medal, Bounty Rookie's Medal, Bounty Hunter's Medal, Bounty Veteran's Medal, Bounty Master's Medal, Bounty Legend's Medal, Sheep-catching Expert Medal, EU&SEA We Are Friends Medal, Junk Food King Medal, Reboot Master-Class Medal, Water Warrior Medal, Icy Onslaught Medal, Absolute Taste Grade 1 Chef Medal, Absolute Taste Grade 2 Chef Medal, Absolute Taste Grade 3 Chef Medal, Absolute Taste Grade 4 Chef Medal, Absolute Taste Grade 5 Chef Medal, Absolute Taste Grade 6 Chef Medal, Absolute Taste Grade 7 Chef Medal, Absolute Taste Grade 8 Chef Medal, Absolute Taste Grade 9 Chef Medal, Absolute Taste Grade 10 Chef Medal, Absolute Taste Grade Legendary Chef Medal, Golden Tree Medal, Captain Vaga Medal.

This post pertains to incorrect grammar.
InvulgoSlicedTime

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Thank you for compiling this list. I have forwarded it to Nexon.
    InvulgoSlicedTimeLyedenEnokumoTrashcant
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited September 2018
    I think it makes sense to some medals? Celebrity Medal or Mu Lung Dojo Medal works fine imo, other cases such as Medal of the Bushido or Omegas Medal are bound to a characteristic role. Most medals are however legit silly to include Medal at the end.
    Trashcant
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Enokumo wrote: »
    I think it makes sense to some medals? Celebrity Medal or Mu Lung Dojo Medal works fine imo, other cases such as Medal of the Bushido or Omegas Medal are bound to a characteristic role. Most medals are however legit silly to include Medal at the end.

You're a Celebrity, you're not a Celebrity Medal.

I agree that some medals have odd names, that do not properly describe the character's achievement, either with or without the word "Medal" in the name.
    For consistency's sake I'd remove the "Medal" from their names anyway, and then, as needed, change the names to something more descriptive.
    Trashcant
  • TrashcantTrashcant
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited December 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Thank you for compiling this list. I have forwarded it to Nexon.

Thanks AKradian! I hope this gets fixed.