[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

PSA, Ark can't be burned.

DogerooDogeroo
Reactions: 300
edited September 2018 in General Chat
I just wasted an hour doing that tedious questline at the beginning and now I'm told I can't burn it!? got Nexon'd!
  1. What should I burn then...7 votes
    1. Illium
       14% (1 vote)
    2. Jett
       71% (5 votes)
    3. Night Walker
       0% (0 votes)
    4. I/L Mage
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Cadena
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited September 2018
    Jett because you'll hate it without burning.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited September 2018

Not true at all, Jett is one of the easiest to level to 150.
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited September 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »

I've played other jobs which made it to level 150 easily.

I like many others used the spammable FMA when it was available.

Without that, Jett is a pay to win link skill character.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited September 2018

I've played other jobs which made it to level 150 easily.

I like many others used the spammable FMA when it was available.

Without that, Jett is a pay to win link skill character.

Jett can literally vac half the map to his feet with no cooldown. You don't even have to move while farming.
    If you had a hard time with him then you were doing something wrong.
  • hibaibhibaib
    Reactions: 400
    edited September 2018
    I deleted my Ark to raise from lvl 10. There wasn't any announcement about Ark. After I got my burninator, I told Nexon that I can't burn my Ark. They told me 'we are looking into the issue, we'll give you an update.'
    And they just change the event contents today, saying that Arks cannot be burned.
    LOL Why did I even delete my old one. Maybe I should ask Nexon next time before I do something if you guys are going to ban it after the event starts.
    Also, they did not even inform me personally. I made a ticket and it said 'we'll be sure to give you an update.' I thought that meant they were going to respond to me via ticket?
    I guess not?

Why are the Arks unavailable to burn anyway? KMS allows you to burn.

Last time when there was a Burninator event, they had the issue where the burning effect was gone when you log off. Nexon told everybody to wait. While I was waiting I just trained my character. After I reached lvl 177, Nexon says 'we fixed the problem! have fun!' Well, I already trained my character to lvl 177 without the burning effect and I already used by burning coupon so I did not get a single extra lvl from that burning event.
    Does this happen often?
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Unfortunately the only answer, albeit not a great one, is that it is Nexon. You have to prepare for their inevitable incompetence and plan yourself around it. You are absolutely correct in that it never said Arks could not be burned, including on the item itself. They must not have removed the restriction from the last burning event, and instead of fixing it have opted to be lazy and say it was intentional.

Sorry to hear that you deleted your char - hopefully you didn't get too Nexowned.
  • hibaibhibaib
    Reactions: 400
    edited September 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    Unfortunately the only answer, albeit not a great one, is that it is Nexon. You have to prepare for their inevitable incompetence and plan yourself around it. You are absolutely correct in that it never said Arks could not be burned, including on the item itself. They must not have removed the restriction from the last burning event, and instead of fixing it have opted to be lazy and say it was intentional.

Sorry to hear that you deleted your char - hopefully you didn't get too Nexowned.

I've played Maplestory since 2003. This game always makes me upset and I still can't quit.
    I just made an Evan and burned it and reached 150 few hours ago.
    I guess your explanation makes sense.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited September 2018

Jett can literally vac half the map to his feet with no cooldown. You don't even have to move while farming.
    If you had a hard time with him then you were doing something wrong.

You don't even need that just fund your jett to where he can 1 hit with Vortex Cross and just zoom around the map at gold beach, drakes, etc.

Gotta go fast!