[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fishing Suggestions (UPDATED) Please add your own.

FringeGMSFringeGMS
Reactions: 460
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So the fishing system is currently unplayable without spending NX. But here's some suggestions to make it playable without decreasing the difficulty for obtaining what you need without spending nx (Seems to be 1 item per day free and 6 per day if you spend $). Note that this aligns with the difficulty of other things in the game as well. You can attain them slowly over time for free, or quickly from spending $.
  • Bait should be given out FIRST no matter what order the guy shuffles the quests. If you do not get the bait quest first thing, you will not be able to complete the daily quest.
    Bait dispersed should be increased from 20 to 50 per area -OR- allow quest items to be obtained from Shrimps and Worms

ALTERNATIVE to the above: Allow us to forfeit quests, so we can gather bait for several days and then spend the weekend fishing.
  • Fish should not be sold to merchants, instead added to rankings and to your bag (to make items). Whats the point of fishing if you dont get to keep the fish?

ALTERNATIVE: Increase mesos obtained by 1,000x current rate, and EXP gained by 100x current rate, this wouldn't allow you to gain an insane amount of mesos, just about 30m/ hour so no big deal. If it becomes a big deal perhaps cap the mesos obtained from fishing to a certain value.
  • The 3 fishing rods should be exponentially faster than each other, and price should be 400 coins / 10 twigs for Spirit Hole [only works in spirit hole], 800 coins / 20 twigs for Dreamy Hole [works in dreamy + spirit hole], and 1200 coins / 30 twigs for Deep Sea Hole [works in all holes].
  • Fish equips should be CASH items (meaning you can wear them while wearing your regular equips). This would make people actually participate.

Alternative: Make the fish ring give EXP% buff [same as the belt but for EXP] instead of atk/matk. No one would use this ring to gain atk unless it was a cash equip.
  • Replace the bait expansion bag with Protection and guardian scrolls for the Fish equips. Having enough bait slots is not an issue at the moment, add it back if it becomes one later. The cost should be 20 coins and 20 papers for a guardian scroll and 50 coins and 30 papers for a protection scroll
  • Create a way to check your bait bag without going to a hole and sitting on the fishing chair.
  • Bugs currently dont do anything, perhaps exchange them for spirit bait?
  • The fishing contest should not take place on Monday at 3AM, people have work and school. Sunday at 3AM would be much better.
nir856Lilyflowerxparasite9Saiyajin

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    I haven't played with the new system enough to know what its pitfalls are. But I do want to say that overall these look like good ideas.

I would just change your 6th suggestion. Fishing items should be an independent set that is neither CS nor regular equipment since it doesn't really fit either category that well
    Lilyflower
  • FringeGMSFringeGMS
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

I haven't played with the new system enough to know what its pitfalls are. But I do want to say that overall these look like good ideas.

I would just change your 6th suggestion. Fishing items should be an independent set that is neither CS nor regular equipment since it doesn't really fit either category that well
    Yeah definitely agreed, but since we don't have any other slots thats what I considered, since most people have a free cash belt and pendant slot. I put an alternative where instead of that, the fish ring should give EXP instead due to the fact that its atk increase is so low no one would really use this.

• SaiyajinSaiyajin
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    Can you use Worm or Shrimp to help complete the daily quests? If not then i'm stuck xD I used ALL my spirit bait to try to complete the last daily quest, which still wasn't completed. I can't afford any with coins in their shop because i bought before. I also haven't got enough of the other baits, except Worm and Shrimp, which is useless to me unless i can use them for the daily quests.

If it's not the case already, then it would be nice if they could help towards completing the quests, except they would help to pick up the required materials at a lower 'drop rate' than a Spirit Bait would for example. If that makes sense :o
  • MataharyMatahary
    Reactions: 580
    edited October 2016
    I BUTTON THAT LETS YOU GO BACK TO TRAINING SECTION (cuz you know a lot of people get out of the training and then there is no way to get back unless you have already finished)
    Lilyflower
  • FringeGMSFringeGMS
    edited October 2016
    Saiyajin
    Saiyajin said:

Can you use Worm or Shrimp to help complete the daily quests? If not then i'm stuck xD I used ALL my spirit bait to try to complete the last daily quest, which still wasn't completed. I can't afford any with coins in their shop because i bought before. I also haven't got enough of the other baits, except Worm and Shrimp, which is useless to me unless i can use them for the daily quests.

If it's not the case already, then it would be nice if they could help towards completing the quests, except they would help to pick up the required materials at a lower 'drop rate' than a Spirit Bait would for example. If that makes sense :o
    Yep, currently the worms and shrimps do not allow you to find quest materials, and if they do its at an extremely low rate. I wasn't able to find a single quest item from using 400 shrimps, so I don't think its possible.

• FringeGMSFringeGMS
    edited October 2016
    Matahary
    Matahary said:

I BUTTON THAT LETS YOU GO BACK TO TRAINING SECTION (cuz you know a lot of people get out of the training and then there is no way to get back unless you have already finished)
    That would be nice LOL. Have you tried clicking the fishing rod in the book icon in your left hand side of the screen and clicking "Angler's Rest"?
  • MataharyMatahary
    Reactions: 580
    edited October 2016
    FringeGMS
    FringeGMS said:

Matahary
    Matahary said:

That would be nice LOL. Have you tried clicking the fishing rod in the book icon in your left hand side of the screen and clicking "Angler's Rest"?
    THATS THE PROBLEM, if you dont finish the tutorial you dont have the angelr´s rest button
    Lilyflower
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited October 2016
    Let us get rid of the bag if we want (unless there is a way that I missed)
    Gooseflesh
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    also list the rewards!
    Lilyflower
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    Sorry to bring this one back up but I agree and wonder why fish is automatically sold to the shop. It should be stored in your bag to create the item buffs available...

With the current exp given for selling to shop and meso there's no point fishing.
    FringeGMS
  • FringeGMSFringeGMS
    edited November 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

Sorry to bring this one back up but I agree and wonder why fish is automatically sold to the shop. It should be stored in your bag to create the item buffs available...

With the current exp given for selling to shop and meso there's no point fishing.
    ^This. OR The fish that u catch and sell should not be the same kinds of fish you would want to keep. I get that perhaps the fish that you keep in your bag are more rare but then why do you store some and sell others?

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    -Remove the coins from the cash shop.
    -u can earn coins by doing quest.
    -decrease the mesos by 50%.
    that's all I have to say idk if anyone agrees that I post.
    BIackbean