[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What do you fear?

MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
Reactions: 1,800
edited October 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
So, Halloween's around the corner (or, depending on your locale, it's the entire week). I figured it would be fun to hear each other's fears. These fears can be anything, from the crows that roost in a nearby tree to the creaky floorboards in an old house. To begin, I fear moonless nights- basically, I fear the dark. You never know what stirs beneath.

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    I fear when going into the dark forest the wolf's will howl and try to eat me.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    I fear life.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    fearing the possible influx of clowns this halloween..
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited October 2016
    I fear which doesn't exist, yet, if it doesn't exist, how could I fear it...?
  • MrsCuteMrsCute
    Reactions: 790
    edited October 2016
    I have arachnophobia so...

Yeah. I fear spiders.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I fear that the lives we live in are just complicated computer simulations.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

WHOEVER'S CONTROLLING ME ISN'T DOING A GOOD JOB OF IT.

I fear death.
    Death and spiders.
    Which are pretty much the same thing.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

That's what they want you to think! They've programmed you to think that you have free will.
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

Maryse
    Maryse said:

ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

That's what they want you to think! They've programmed you to think that you have free will.
    That's my point, if I don't have free will, they're not doing a good job with my character.
    edited October 2016
    My fridge isn't leaking... I am not peeing myself... I don't drown myself in pools in a weird way... Yup, I am NOT a Sims. Good!
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited October 2016
    Bees and wasps and hornets and whatever other insects that flies and has yellow on it. That buzzing noise shakes me to my core and I just freeze up and pray it doesn't sting me until it goes away.
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited October 2016
    I fear

• MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016
    Went from 0 to 100 reaaaal fast ^
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    i fear failure in many different situations.
    edited October 2016
    ^ Aren't drones extremely expensive!? Not just the flying cameras, the big drones. Like, army stuff. Unless someone incredibly corrupted decided to sell drones to shady organizations, they ain't getting their hands on it!
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Death.
    The idea that I will die, and I don't know if it will be of old age, diabetes (type two), being struck by a car while crossing the street, having a heart attack while doing nothing, literally falling over dead for no reason...
    People and their ability to think, because they probably hate me and have many different ways to think that I am a waste of existence, even though I probably only just passed them on the street for the first time in my life and will never see them again.

And while the above is completely real, as will be the below, you will think I am a sad, sad thing when you see the below...

Human bonds.

Friendship, love, family, the whole package. I am deathly scared of it and to this day have no friends, have never been romantically interested in someone, can't hold a casual conversation to have pleasant conversations, hell I don't even have a god-forsaken WAIFU.

You know, even the slightest interest in a bunch of pixels/3D models that resemble something female.

I am scared of what such bonds would do to me, how they will change me, how they will hurt the one I supposedly care about, and then losing them BAM just like that. They're moving away and we won't see each other until we happen to be in the same retirement home. We suddenly hate each other. They were caught in the middle of a shooting at a mall and was one of the casualties. The idea of them not being real and not even being someone who could exist in real life.

...yeah I am a sad existence. Which is why I laugh. At myself, you, your dog, that one guy from the forums, everything really. Cause it's kinda sorta driven me crazy.

Did I mention sad existence? LAUGH.
    Uzume
    edited October 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

Death.
    The idea that I will die, and I don't know if it will be of old age, diabetes (type two), being struck by a car while crossing the street, having a heart attack while doing nothing, literally falling over dead for no reason...
    People and their ability to think, because they probably hate me and have many different ways to think that I am a waste of existence, even though I probably only just passed them on the street for the first time in my life and will never see them again.

And while the above is completely real, as will be the below, you will think I am a sad, sad thing when you see the below...

Human bonds.

Friendship, love, family, the whole package. I am deathly scared of it and to this day have no friends, have never been romantically interested in someone, can't hold a casual conversation to have pleasant conversations, hell I don't even have a god-forsaken WAIFU.

You know, even the slightest interest in a bunch of pixels/3D models that resemble something female.

I am scared of what such bonds would do to me, how they will change me, how they will hurt the one I supposedly care about, and then losing them BAM just like that. They're moving away and we won't see each other until we happen to be in the same retirement home. We suddenly hate each other. They were caught in the middle of a shooting at a mall and was one of the casualties. The idea of them not being real and not even being someone who could exist in real life.

...yeah I am a sad existence. Which is why I laugh.
    Anybody told you you could be a poet? Sounds like some deep stuff right there.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KamiNoBeniMizu

Aren't poets these days considered "Stand-Up Comedians"? Poet sounds so... 17th century.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited October 2016
    i dont have actual fear for anything in particular maybe i havent found it yet?
    edited October 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

KamiNoBeniMizu

Aren't poets these days considered "Stand-Up Comedians"? Poet sounds so... 17th century.
    Exactly! Poets are those who LOVE the 600s! "Stand-Up Comedians" are those who love to make people laugh! Poets are serious about their deep stuff. Pretty much like when I cried and got into a deep depression when my peanut butter toast slipped between my fingers and landed peanut butter face on the floor... on a spider. In a way, I was happy since the spider was crushed under deliciousness, but this deliciousness was wasted. Oh the cruel life. I tried to make myself another one, but the wasting couldn't escape my mind.

But at the same time, I couldn't forget about the spider either. Maybe I could have put it outside... who knows. May it rest well on God's lap, for all we know. Oh cruel life!