[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thinking of coming back

KatsuMakanaeKatsuMakanae
Reactions: 200
edited October 2018 in General Chat
So after playing MS2 a fair bit, I have gotten the itch to play MS1 again! but I just want to know over the past 3 years, has the game improved? I plan to play on reboot to avoid the P2W cubes. last time I was there it was really hard to get any good items without grinding for months. Also is there any groups playing in reboot? with a discord or something? Would be awesome if people get together to fight the tougher bosses and share the loot to help everyone! I can dream~

basically I just wanna know if its worth coming back too or stick to MS2. thanks guys!

Comments

• DavOpsDavOps
    Reactions: 560
    edited October 2018
    my dear friend, REBOOT this dead for early/mid players, only those who are in end game can play it now, singapore was removed and malasya will be next, good luck finding a place for mesofarming where there are no hackers.

Although you can wait for the TERA BURNING to go up quickly to level 200 with kanna or any other character so you can ask for leech. if they give it to you
    xparasite9
  • KatsuMakanaeKatsuMakanae
    edited October 2018
    man that really sucks, I dont wanna go on other servers cause well...P2W
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018

His recent comments indicate he's exaggerating for the sake of complaining, something I verbally warned users in another thread about which he then proceeded to ignore.

Maplestory 2 and Maplestory are very different games with very different playstyles. Both are fun, but comparing the two isn't very useful for what it's worth.
    You should take advantage of things like the Monster Collection and the newly-implemented Fairy Bros Daily Gift for items.
    Finding a guild shouldn't be extremely difficult in Reboot, although you should still actively search for one instead of expecting one to come to you.
    edited October 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

His recent comments indicate he's exaggerating for the sake of complaining, something I verbally warned users in another thread about which he then proceeded to ignore.

Maplestory 2 and Maplestory are very different games with very different playstyles. Both are fun, but comparing the two isn't very useful for what it's worth.
    You should take advantage of things like the Monster Collection and the newly-implemented Fairy Bros Daily Gift for items.

oh fairy bros? thats new, thanks for the insight! also thank for informing me about that user.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    DavOps wrote: »
    my dear friend, REBOOT this dead for early/mid players, only those who are in end game can play it now, singapore was removed and malasya will be next, good luck finding a place for mesofarming where there are no hackers.

Although you can wait for the TERA BURNING to go up quickly to level 200 with kanna or any other character so you can ask for leech. if they give it to you

I have never used singapore or malasya and have 3 characters at 5th job with my highest one 227 and well on it's way to 230, a legion over 5k and legendary on all equips.
    I've never been carried or used Kanna regularly or anything. I just play around 3-4 hours every day and am fairly consistent with actually doing stuff in-game.
    Stop doom posting because your favored farm spot was removed.
    YinYangXChroniusNightmare
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2018
    Give it another go, if you don't like it then at least you've tried.
    KatsuMakanae
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2018
    I recommand give it a shot and see if you like it or not.
    KatsuMakanae
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited October 2018
    i want to grind and get to level 200 on a explorer or something. and adventures... i am on scania... anyone else on that server with a active endgame goal? i want to do stuff and have fun again.... i put most of my time and effort into that server, and some linkskills, done. just dont have a level 200 toon yet. xD zero is almost there. it is around 139/190ish atm... :( sighs and no i am not going to bera because of the bots there. sighs. but if i have to fine. it will be tough to get something going again...
    Lilyflower
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    i want to grind and get to level 200 on a explorer or something. and adventures... i am on scania... anyone else on that server with a active endgame goal? i want to do stuff and have fun again.... i put most of my time and effort into that server, and some linkskills, done. just dont have a level 200 toon yet. xD zero is almost there. it is around 139/190ish atm... :( sighs and no i am not going to bera because of the bots there. sighs. but if i have to fine. it will be tough to get something going again...

I'm in Scania and I'm planning on end game goals (soloing weekly bosses, reach high floors in dojo, etc). Feel free to buddy list me, Cygnus277. Part of an active guild + alliance that would be glad to have you. =)
    Traveler5577
    edited October 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

I'm in Scania and I'm planning on end game goals (soloing weekly bosses, reach high floors in dojo, etc). Feel free to buddy list me, Cygnus277. Part of an active guild + alliance that would be glad to have you. =)

awesome. umm what guild are you in atm? and what does the Alliance do? does everyone help everybody out? i have a Cygnus Toon i wanted to Main upto level 200 or get my Healer/Bishop to lvl 200 first off i guess :( and some other things i wanted to really get out of the way. there was alot i missed out on. and i can tell the grind is rough after level 200.
    Lilyflower
    edited October 2018
    Im definitely gonna start playin on reboot and give it a good try again! any tips for what I should aim to do daily to progress? thanks for all your replies guys!
    edited October 2018
    i wouldnt mind trying over there... is the experience good, and drops good also?