[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple World Teacher - permanent or nah?

EternityMaxEternityMax
Reactions: 1,120
edited October 2018 in General Chat
I was fired up to do the Toben Hair Hero quests because the title you get from lesson 10 didn't indicate any stat expiry, as can be seen in both the event list and the quest itself:
a2dsdsa.png

But then I went back to the Darkness Looms patch notes, and uhhh...
"Maple World Teacher: Title. Stats expire November 22, 2018 but title is permanent."

So, which is it? If it's indeed temporary, then can we please get an in-game indicator for that as well? I got my hopes up and everything... Especially since, if you look at the "True Embodiment of Haste" title in the in-game event list, you'll see that it DOES say it's temporary ("Stats duration: 30 days").

Thanks in advance for any clarification...

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    It is temporary. Nothing this good is ever permanent. Thank god we got that 2 (m)attk dog ring though...
  • EternityMaxEternityMax
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    It is temporary. Nothing this good is ever permanent. Thank god we got that 2 (m)attk dog ring though...

Holy Pinkbeanity title was permanent, so I kinda thought there's a chance... a small glimmer of hope T^T
    Oh well.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    The title item itself is permanent, the stats on it are temporary.
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited October 2018
    Well... As a conselation prize, you can still get the Superior Hunter title from doing the Silent Crusade quest line. It gives +3 All stats, +1 attack, +1 magic attack, +400 health, and +400 mana.
    Traveler5577
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2018
    The trend of 2 week stats on event items has got to be the worst thing the pinheads at HQ came up with. The idea is that if they gave us permanent equips, we wouldn't do any other events in the future. However we don't do them anyway if they aren't permanent, so it's a lose-lose. The only thing this is remotely useful for is the people who fight hard lucid/will and need every inch of stat. Even worse with titles, at least medals can be anvilled.