[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

YouTube: Journey from lvl 205 from 250 in Pensalir

Comments

• ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Hello All,

Dude to Wifi connectivity inconsistency, I must postpone the level up event by 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience

Regretfully,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Hello All,

Today, Thoner has officially reached Lvl 209! We are just a small step away from entering Chu Chu Island! Once we reach that milestone, I was planning on posting more videos for the other characters I have done and promised to do, assassin, brawler, paladin, Xenon, and, of course, Thoner of Broa.

Unfortunately, at some point the twitch stream failed without my knowledge. Worry not though, all broadcasts were also recorded for You Tube so, eventually, everything that was (or should have been) on twitch will be on You Tube. Thank you all who have been following this post, I greatly appreciate your interest in this.

Sincerely,

Thoner

• ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Good news everyone,

Though the broadcast failed at some point, the video recording of the event (done in twitch) was unaffected and you could see the full video. Thank you all for following the progression of this series.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    *** The Perfect Storm ***

Hello All,

For those of you who follow my channel closely, you have likely noticed no new video's recently. Several things have happened in the past month or so that have made doing this even more difficult. I will give a video explaining everything that happened, the error's in my expectations that occurred, and a few other things that will not reoccur. Thank you for your interest in this, I will be gearing up again to try to reach Lvl 210, possibly 10/20/2018 at 6:00pm on twitch, but definitely by 10/27/2018 on twitch. Also, the YouTube video's should be reappearing starting today. I will not be presumptuous to assume your forgiveness in these delay's, but I hope you can expect the return of the same consistancy as before (but with advanced notice for when I cannot) and continue to enjoy, critque,, etcetera my content.

Respectfully, sincerely,

Thoner

(P.S.: I intended to place both for the gravity of the situation)
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Hello All,

Sorry that there was no event today as technically promised. However, I am getting more arcane power crystals from Vanishing Journey so it should be a better finish than before. With that in mind, I would like to bring up some recent good news:
    1.) I am now strong enough to solo Hard Von Leon.
    2.) I found out a dual blade attack I had is way better than I thought.
    3.) Once I discovered 2.) for myself, by accident and dumb luck, I tried Easy Cygnus again and actually had noticeable results.
    What do I mean by this? I mean that the next level up event should be a nice jump. I will post the twitch Link when level 209 ends and the level up event to level 210 and Chu Chu Island begins. Hope you all look forward to it and enjoy it when it arrives.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    ***Level Up Event Announcement For LVL 209 to LVL 210! ?/?/2018! (Pardon the delay, I will explain tomorrow.)***

Hello All,

It has been some time, and I had to make my character stronger. It is later than anticipated but the Level up event is now set! might have a chance against Easy Cygnes this time. Buy Lvl 220, I hope to solo all available bosses below a Lvl 200 minimum level requirement. Sorry it has taken so long, but I wanted to grind for vanishing journey symbols, bonus potential scrolls, and other items that my character is now strong enough to achieve. Hope many of you will watch, especially since Chu Chu Island will soon be a factor. Many may disagree, but I consider every 10 levels to be a significant milestone as there are only 25 opportunities in this game to go up ten level's, even the levels below 200 since progress is progress and once you get 10 levels higher, weapons tend to change, items you could never touch before are now available, and you get to see a new region with a low likelihood of dying immediately (unless you enter Vanishing Journey for the first time and note how little damage you do (or at least I did). Keep reaching farther than you did before. When you do, progress is at the end of the tunnel. Happy Maple-ing.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Hello all,

Your likely wondering why no changes have been made on twitch. An explanation is owed to you all; I have recently gained 2 forms of employment and may aquire a third while in graduate school. These changes were sudden and financial decisions had to be made accordingly. However, I refuse to stop! Before the year is over, Lvl 210 WILL be achieved. I am sorry for not satisfying your anticipation twice now. I will not ask for forgiveness until I makeup for this.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    ***Level Up Event Announcement: Level 209 to Lvl 210 December 8th, 2018 6pm start time***

So, I log onto my account, with the expectation of being at ~80% where I left off. Little did I realize, I was mysteriously at a new % level...
    Be prepared for the garunntteed to be the most UNDER-WHELMING-LEVEL-UP-EVENT-TO-DATE or will ever be with me. This level up event I will be testing the waters of how much I was mysteriously given... it was unexpected. I have no idea how I randomly go so much gained in leveling progress while OFF-LINE. Either way, next week we will breach Chu-Chu Island for the first time with THONER! Hope to see you all there.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Thoner wrote: »
    ***Level Up Event Announcement: Level 209 to Lvl 210 December 8th, 2018 6pm start time***

So, I log onto my account, with the expectation of being at ~80% where I left off. Little did I realize, I was mysteriously at a new % level...
    Be prepared for the garunntteed to be the most UNDER-WHELMING-LEVEL-UP-EVENT-TO-DATE or will ever be with me. This level up event I will be testing the waters of how much I was mysteriously given... it was unexpected. I have no idea how I randomly go so much gained in leveling progress while OFF-LINE. Either way, next week we will breach Chu-Chu Island for the first time with THONER! Hope to see you all there.

Sincerely,

Thoner

To hijack your thread for one moment, it' s because of the EXP requirement reduction from 200-220.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/37182/
    If you had enough exp using the old requirements, you were given a level up for free. Congratz on making it to Chu-Chu!
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    All,

If only a like and insightful were possible to do at the same time. A lot of you guys give great information, advice, and good comments. Some of which should be regarded as both. @Fuherak, your info above is no exception. Thank you, note I would like to have given you a like and insightful if possible.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    ***In a moment of not so professional commentary***
    THE MOST MEME-ABLE MAPLE STORY LEVEL UP IS RECORDED
    LAUGH AND WATCH THE INTENSE LAG AS I RAGE INTO THE MIC
    A MOST REDICULOUS LEVEL UP EXPERIENCE ON A VICTORY KILL
    A MOST INSANE ACCIDENTAL FINDING OF CHU CHU ISLAND
    LASTLY, THE VIDEO ERROR AND THE SWITCH OF PROVIDERS
    THONER COMMENTS: "What just happend to me...? Is this real?"
    *** End of not so proffesional comment***

• ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2020
    All! As of 5:45PM Pacific Time, this Saturday, September 26, 2020 Journey from Level 205 to 275 (no longer 250) in Pensalir resumes!
    Additionally, I will be making a new Dual Blade for the new year and will use that character to beat the game faster by focusing on getting end game weapons, attempt to max out the potential using cubes, and more!
    I hope you will all find these events entertaining.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    One might argue that you only beat the game when you finally uninstall...
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2020
    @Aggraphine. That was such a great responce; if I could, I would give it a like AND an insightful. :)
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2020
    November 28, 2020, at 5:45PM, major events will happen in the Journey from Lvl 205 to Lvl 275 in Pensalir Series!
    All of the event is solo play! All of it in Level 140 gear or lower! All of it was recorded in... 2017?!? *
    All of it continues! I hope you will all check it out. :)
    JettLuvsU
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    Here is a link to the channel for anyone willing to check it out: https://youtube.com/channel/UC0UFmyUny_Rrk6knwqMUOjg?view_as=subscriber