[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Auction house API key to boost the economy in MS

Unicorn_SupremeUnicorn_Supreme
Reactions: 300
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Through the years of maplestory there has always been one truth that always applied:
Getting the top quality gear will cost more meso's next year.
This is ofcourse the result of a few base mechanics of an MMO in combination with a growing difference in funds within the player base.
This however, presents us with a problem. It becomes increasingly harder for new players to catch up with the current elite players in the game.
"The bar to getting into maplestory" as they say it, is becomming increasingly higher, which is a shame.
From my point of view I can only see two options to try to stop the inflation: destruction of Meso's, or an increase of transparancy of the market.
Obviously I am against the fist option as an increase on the seller's tax would not so much fix the inflation, as it would simply slow down the whole market.
I prupose to decrease inflation by creating a way for players to see not only the current prices in the auction house, but also be allowed to see what the prices have been doing in the past.

Now just to be clear, I would not ask of Nexon to make such a thing themselves and put it into the auction house. It would be neat, but also a huge amount of work for an experiment like this. I would ask for an API key to the action house for just the item, price, timestamp and region of every sale done in the auction house from here on out (updated weekly at most, maybe even monthly). Thia would allow for the community to create an complete free and transprant market where an increase in prices cannot be instagated by a group of individual looking to make quick money by flooding the market with price increases.

Comments

• ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited October 2018
    There is already a feature for this for your world. If you look up an item on the AH and it is there, you can select it and press the "Search(?) Market price" button in the bottom right to see price trends over a limited time (at least 6 months).
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    There is already a feature for this for your world. If you look up an item on the AH and it is there, you can select it and press the "Search(?) Market price" button in the bottom right to see price trends over a limited time (at least 6 months).

You can also just search for the item in the corresponding category on the left hand side while on the Market Price tab to search for the item without needing one that is currently listed. I believe there's also a future update to the Auction House in the Korean server that fixes the top search box to work correctly in the Market Price tab (that is, to search in Market Price when you're on that tab, instead of searching through current listings)
    YinYangX
  • Unicorn_SupremeUnicorn_Supreme
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2018

I missed that perticulair detail. It aint great for spotting trends. But to be fair, it will do.
    Thank you.