[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crash/rollback resulted in missing item

KerBansotKerBansot
Reactions: 1,635
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Crash/rollback resulted in missing item

Brief bug summary: Grazed channel 11 seem to have crashed/rolled back and this resulted in me losing a superior gollux ring.

More details: I had my guildie hand me a superior gollux ring I was working on that had just been shielded. I scrolled it, scroll went in. We started talking, and apparently he was tossing untradeable use stuff while we talked. Then I dc'ed mid-sentence. I relogged in but when I selected Demethos 11, it gave me the "trouble logging in" message. I went to ch16 instead, so did my guildie. The first thing he tells me was that he dc'ed too and the use stuff he tossed magically ended up in his inventory again. I open my inventory to show him another item but the ring was gone.

Steps to reproduce: scroll a ring. chat, dc, relog? I have no idea how to reproduce a dc or a rollback.

Character name: YourMayKer

Character level: 213

Character job: Buccaneer

World name: Demethos

Date and time of the incident: 10/25/2016 Around 3am-ish PST.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I assume your guildie doesn't have the ring, either?
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

He doesn't. I know it's frowned upon but I have access to his account, so I can easily look for it.

It just doesn't make sense because I didn't bother closing my inventory after I scrolled, it was literally taking over the upper right hand of my screen (I had expanded view) while we talked. The inventory window was actually the first thing that disappeared but I brushed it off thinking I probably pressed "i" before pressing "enter" again but then everything else faded out.
  • SwordBossSwordBoss
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

He doesn't. I know it's frowned upon but I have access to his account, so I can easily look for it.

It just doesn't make sense because I didn't bother closing my inventory after I scrolled, it was literally taking over the upper right hand of my screen (I had expanded view) while we talked. The inventory window was actually the first thing that disappeared but I brushed it off thinking I probably pressed "i" before pressing "enter" again but then everything else faded out.
    That's not how ch rollbacks work ;) . You need to either CC or log out safely to save the item to the server's database, so I could easily see you losing the item.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    SwordBoss
    SwordBoss said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

That's not how ch rollbacks work ;) . You need to either CC or log out safely to save the item to the server's database, so I could easily see you losing the item.
    I'm sorry, I'm confused. So since I didn't cc/log out after receiving and scrolling the item before the crash, it's gone now?
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Send a ticket if you haven't already.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

I already did, I appreciate the concern though. Thanks
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

That's weird, I GOT an item... a "petronas tower chair"... just popped in there like magic. At first I thought maybe I got it from the spinner, but it's a fully tradable/sellable chair.
    It would be so much weirder if you weren't in FM when this happened. LOL!

I wouldn't be so bummed if this were another item. I lost a unique HQDI glove once because of a similar case but I just let it go since I can get a new one. This time it's a sup gollux ring though and I've been working on it a while (and failed 3x T_T). Seeing as how I can only buy it once (unless I do the long questline again on another char), I'd really like to have this one back.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

KeepComingBack

I already did, I appreciate the concern though. Thanks
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

That's weird, I GOT an item... a "petronas tower chair"... just popped in there like magic. At first I thought maybe I got it from the spinner, but it's a fully tradable/sellable chair.
    It would be so much weirder if you weren't in FM when this happened. LOL!

I wouldn't be so bummed if this were another item. I lost a unique HQDI glove once because of a similar case but I just let it go since I can get a new one. This time it's a sup gollux ring though and I've been working on it a while (and failed 3x T_T). Seeing as how I can only buy it once (unless I do the long questline again on another char), I'd really like to have this one back.
    items have been changing themself lately
    i point to the bichon paw weapon as an example
    so look back in your invo for a chair you might be missing
    or one that may be different i think you experienced a item change lol
    same thing that happened with bichon paw
    but a changed item is better than trying " safegaurds"
    a feature that in theroy should protect your item from booming
    and blowing up a 300+$ glove
    well its better unless its a 30b chair like my ghost ship lol
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    Welp, got my ticket answered.

GM Kerihm (MapleStory)
    Oct 26, 6:44 PM PDT

Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting us again.

I would like to thank you for providing me with the information that was requested from you. I have gone ahead and investigated your concern and I am sorry to inform you that I was unable to verify the loss of your items through our system as the game was working as intended due to this, I am sorry but I am unable to return the item that was lost. Please understand that if there were a way that I could help you out in this matter, I would have already done so.

Thank you for your time and understanding.
    Sincerely,

GM Kerihm
    Nexon America, Inc.

I wonder how they checked the system was "working as intended" coz hell, it was a full 5 minutes that we kept trying to go back to channel 11 and couldn't. All these channel crashes, missing items, random items appearing.. it's like fudging Mabinogi all over again.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Welp, got my ticket answered.

GM Kerihm (MapleStory)
    Oct 26, 6:44 PM PDT

Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting us again.

I would like to thank you for providing me with the information that was requested from you. I have gone ahead and investigated your concern and I am sorry to inform you that I was unable to verify the loss of your items through our system as the game was working as intended due to this, I am sorry but I am unable to return the item that was lost. Please understand that if there were a way that I could help you out in this matter, I would have already done so.

Thank you for your time and understanding.
    Sincerely,

GM Kerihm
    Nexon America, Inc.

I wonder how they checked the system was "working as intended" coz hell, it was a full 5 minutes that we kept trying to go back to channel 11 and couldn't. All these channel crashes, missing items, random items appearing.. it's like fudging Mabinogi all over again.
    In other words, "I can't be bothered to try and track down your item. Gotta close as many tickets per day as I can, you know."
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

In other words, "I can't be bothered to try and track down your item. Gotta close as many tickets per day as I can, you know."
    :(

I wouldn't be so sad if I could buy it again. Haven't stepped a pixel foot in that channel since that response came.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Might want to post this on /r/Maplestory. People post there about Nexon's Customer Support brushing them off (usually in cases of false bans), and it seems our CM sometimes sees those threads (or people tag him so he sees the thread) and he drops a line to CS to "look into this again", and miraculously new information comes to light and the issue is resolved to the player's satisfaction.

Shame that's the only way to get them to give you more than five seconds of their time, but that's how things seem to be.
    You could also try tagging him on here and see if it works the same way.

Good luck.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    It's okay. I'll just move on. I have other chars I can do the quest on anyway. I'll just set aside some time for it. I'd rather our CM focuses on issues that affect us as a whole.

Thanks for looking out. <3
    JettLuvsU
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    @KerBansot - What was your ticket #?
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    Awww, thanks for the concern. My ticket number is 312576.

The ring I lost was a superior gollux ring, 3-line epic (though only one line is "good" at 6% int), 3 line bonus potential, hammered, 4 upgrade slots left if it helps.

Though as I said before, if this takes you away from other things, you can let it go. I've already allotted time to do the questline again on another char. :)