[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we implement any of these?

HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
Reactions: 1,460
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
For starters, I would REALLY like to be able to open the world map, and right click from Arcane River back to the maple world (or temple of time).

No level cap. What is it good for? I suggest we just remove the level cap altogether (or make it something stupid high, like 99,999), make the EXP requirement exponential, in a way that it's impossible to reach the cap.
And now levels truly reflect on the player's hard work and dedication and EXP is always a good reward. Every level still only gives you +5 stat, and that's it. Hyper stats stop at 250 as usual. I think to this day, nobody in KMS has reached level 275 (but they are close).
Imagine if you could just keep accumulating EXP, and be rewarded.
Granted, at very high levels it becomes ridiculous, and with the current EXP formula, when the mobs are too far below your level, EXP becomes harder to get. But if there's no level cap, in the distant future, level will have a true meaning. A person with a high enough level can actually be proud of his/her achievement.

I also think after a certain level, we should get more passive hyper skill points. It makes sense, and it's not too broken. The benefit is not too large, since we already had these.
If not enough to fill up all of the passives, than at least a couple more would do the trick.

I also really want to save my customized keyboard layout, and alternate between layouts. "Kind of" what Beast Tamer has, where each mode has a separated keyboard layout. And if we're on that subject, I'd also like to have EQUIP set saved. Instead of changing a set of equips, have a set-up saved, and change all of my equips with a click, instead of one-by-one.

Oh, remember when you had that IGN purge event that one time? Can we have that more often? Or make a rule that if a player doesn't log in to their account within 4 years, the IGN will be "purged"? 4 years is a lot of time. Make it so every December, there's a name purge, or something like that.

Ever since Bera got the unified communities of all different servers, a lot of players wish they had transferred. I know many examples, and I am sure I'm not alone. I guess Nexon NA would hate that, but in reality there's a lot of players that still want to transfer worlds.

The Jett revamp is long overdue, like, seriously, at this point I wonder if you even remember you made it in the first place. Their Maple Warrior is still to this day, the slowest casting version.

And for the love of god, WHY did you remove the /find function? It did no trouble in our community... Like, blacklist, and offline mode weren't enough? I know, I know, KMS removed it, but KMS actually have toxic KSers, and overpopulation. We're civilized, I swear.

Like, I know you don't have to, but I wish I could leave a name next to the items I put up in Auction House. Could you... uuuh... add such a function? If I wish to contact the seller, and talk about the price, I would very much like to be able to do that. Also, the fact that there are items that are worth more than 30,000,000,000 mesos in existence means I am unable to sell it legitimately. You don't leave me any other option. You really don't. I have to sell the item through discord, and not for meso. what else do you expect me to do? WAIT UNTIL YOU INCREASE THE MESO CAP? Last time you did, it hardly mattered (although it was welcome nonetheless).

There was like this one time where a lot of players complained that they don't have space in their inventory, so you made potions stack to 3,000 and added space. I LIKE THAT. Can you do the something about Hyper Teleport Rock, and Buddy Lists? I need more space. I really do, I am not joking, the game is large enough for me to have more than 100 friends. No Joke. Also, there are A LOT more than 13 maps I would like to save.

While wer'e on the subject of space, I think that the way the inventory is divided is old fashioned, suits the maplestory of 2008, not today.
The Inventory should be divided into:
[Equip] [Enhancement] [Use] [Chairs] [Set-Up] [Cash]

Equip = Same as it is right now.
Enhancement = Scrolls of all kinds, Soul shards, Stamps, Cubes...
Use = Consumables, Coupons, Potions of all kinds, buffs...
Chairs = Name is self explanatory. Name it like it is, a tab for Chairs is needed.
Set-Up = Whatever was in Set up so far, except chairs. That includes Titles, Christmas decorations, etc.
Cash = Same as it is right now.

BY THE WAY, I wanted to tell you, dear Nexon, CHAIRS ARE NOT A GOOD FINAL REWARD FOR HARD WORK! Same goes for Damage Skins. I have had it with chairs, I don't need more, PLEASE STOP making so many.

As for the next one, I think some players may disagree, and some may agree with me strongly. I think Scissors of Karma were a stupid idea, and it shouldn't be a thing, and I think it's too demanding, and a lot of players hate it for a very good reason. To make it more accessible, lower the price significantly, or make the endgame items tradable. It's not like the players don't use it anyway, it's just that if I have to buy 1 and pay 5$ for it, and I need 15 of them, it's TOO MUCH. If it was a much lower price, I'd feel safer to buy more, and more often. Many players would, you lose nothing, but we actually get to enjoy OUR OWN EQUIPS. Jesus, we own the things, why can't we enjoy it?!

Can I decide if my pets show behind my character or in front of it? I know, the pets are supposed to move out of my character's way, but it still bothers me sometimes. I mean, Android, and pets, and other effects, you should know by now that we should be able to make those transparent. Maybe make it separated in the option? IDK...

I suggest you make the Bank (Storage) expandable? Maybe back in the day, viewing rows of 4 was ok, but this is 2018. Most players expanded their storage by now. I'd like to see more items at once.

The rest of the list is me as a bishop, speaking. The class content is copy-pasted from KMS, so I have literally 0% hope any of this will ever be heard, anyway.

well, I'd like to be able to use rope lift, and Ethereal Form while I have Righteously Indignant on. Ethereal Form is a buff, and Rope Life is pretty basic, every single class can use it except for me. Sure, Maybe Erda Nova is a bit much, and other 5th job skills as well, but this is really basic. Why should I be able to use it?

Besides that, I would love to use Holy Fountain more often, it helps everyone, but the casting animation TAKES YEARS. I'll die ten times before I finish using it, and since it has a set duration, it would surely expire before everyone got to use it, and I am not taking the risk of summoning another one, for real, I don't wanna die.

Can we make Bishop less garbage and more useful BESIDES Benediction? Pretty please? there's a person attached to that Giant yellow bubble, thank you very much. I'd like to be able to dispel Will's anti-potion thing, or IDK what, I feel like people don't want me for who I am, they want me for my big, round, beautiful b-
bubble.
  1. What do you think of these ideas?3 votes
    1. I like all of the above! Implement ALL OF IT! I need this in my life!
       33% (1 vote)
    2. I like your idea, I think it's good, except it sucks, so let me do it, this way it might be good.
       33% (1 vote)
    3. Wow... this... is Garbage.
       33% (1 vote)
    4. Everything except the bishop part, because I don't care about it lol
       0% (0 votes)
    5. I just noticed nearly all of the answers are memes.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Please don't throw in your own bias in poll options. Every option other than "I agree 100%" degrades the person who answers in some way. Stop it.
    For starters, I would REALLY like to be able to open the world map, and right click from Arcane River back to the maple world (or temple of time).
    Support this idea.

No level cap.
    I also think after a certain level, we should get more passive hyper skill points.
    Do not support either of these ideas. If nobody has even hit level cap, why are you suggesting to remove it?

I also really want to save my customized keyboard layout, and alternate between layouts.
    Support this idea.

Oh, remember when you had that IGN purge event that one time? Can we have that more often?
    Support this idea.

And for the love of god, WHY did you remove the /find function?
    Do not support this idea. Stalker features shouldn't be part of an MMO. If you want to find someone, use the friend list.

While wer'e on the subject of space, I think that the way the inventory is divided is old fashioned, suits the maplestory of 2008, not today.
    Do not support this idea, this is more subject to personal opinion though.

BY THE WAY, I wanted to tell you, dear Nexon, CHAIRS ARE NOT A GOOD FINAL REWARD FOR HARD WORK! Same goes for Damage Skins. I have had it with chairs, I don't need more, PLEASE STOP making so many.
    I'd support different rewards for events other than mass chairs/damage skins. (Though I like the option.)

Can I decide if my pets show behind my character or in front of it? I know, the pets are supposed to move out of my character's way, but it still bothers me sometimes. I mean, Android, and pets, and other effects, you should know by now that we should be able to make those transparent. Maybe make it separated in the option? IDK...
    Support this idea. You can actually change their opacity via the skill opacity slider, though it should be separate from skills.

I suggest you make the Bank (Storage) expandable? Maybe back in the day, viewing rows of 4 was ok, but this is 2018. Most players expanded their storage by now. I'd like to see more items at once.
    Support this idea.

The rest of the list is me as a bishop, speaking. The class content is copy-pasted from KMS, so I have literally 0% hope any of this will ever be heard, anyway.
    No opinion, as I don't play Bishop.

The rest: No opinion as those topics already have plenty of threads or relate to normal servers which I don't play.
    SlicedTimeHolyGiraffe
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Please don't throw in your own bias in poll options. Every option other than "I agree 100%" degrades the person who answers in some way. Stop it.
    Support this idea.

No level cap.
    I also think after a certain level, we should get more passive hyper skill points.
    Do not support either of these ideas. If nobody has even hit level cap, why are you suggesting to remove it?

I also really want to save my customized keyboard layout, and alternate between layouts.
    Support this idea.

Oh, remember when you had that IGN purge event that one time? Can we have that more often?
    Support this idea.

And for the love of god, WHY did you remove the /find function?
    Do not support this idea. Stalker features shouldn't be part of an MMO. If you want to find someone, use the friend list.

Do not support this idea, this is more subject to personal opinion though.

I'd support different rewards for events other than mass chairs/damage skins. (Though I like the option.)

Support this idea. You can actually change their opacity via the skill opacity slider, though it should be separate from skills.

Support this idea.

No opinion, as I don't play Bishop.

The rest: No opinion as those topics already have plenty of threads or relate to normal servers which I don't play.

No level cap to reflect on the hard work in the long run.
    No KMS player reached level 275 not because it's impossible, but because they had not had enough time to get there.
    If we wait a few months, quite a few players would get there. after a year or so, again, there's going to be a list of 275 players, and then after a while, again, 275 is going to become normal.
    I think that should stop.
    If there's no cap at all, you will always be rewarded by EXP. if there is a cap, then when people reach 275 they can just... chill, and have no purpose. There's no reason to train, no reason to kill monsters. By removing the level cap entirely, people can show their true potential by training as long as they want, for as much as they want, and they will always be rewarded by it.

EDIT: the poll is a joke, really. Yeah, I should remove it. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    -snip-
    if there is a cap, then when people reach 275 they can just... chill, and have no purpose. There's no reason to train, no reason to kill monsters. By removing the level cap entirely, people can show their true potential by training as long as they want, for as much as they want, and they will always be rewarded by it.

There is still plenty reward for grinding after 275. Just because you hit 275 doesn't mean you have perfect gear.
    Potentials, Flames, Star force, etc all still exist and are extremely expensive. Aside from those things, You can always start working on the other 39 characters you need to get to 275 to cap out your legion.
    The game even with a 250 cap would still take a LIFETIME to "have nothing to do", there's absolutely no need to remove level cap.
    SlicedTimeHolyGiraffe
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2018
    I don't think the level cap should be removed.

I've also made this thread for Dual Blade. I could use your opinions on it too.
    HolyGiraffe
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2018

Chairs = Name is self explanatory. Name it like it is, a tab for Chairs is needed.
    Set-Up = Whatever was in Set up so far, except chairs. That includes Titles, Christmas decorations, etc.

Cash shop equipment should have its own tab, separate from normal equipment. I hate having to repeatedly enter the cash shop just to switch my NX inventory.
    DaxterbeerSlicedTimeFuhreakHolyGiraffe
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    ShadEight wrote: »

Cash shop equipment should have its own tab, separate from normal equipment. I hate having to repeatedly enter the cash shop just to switch my NX inventory.

I partially agree, and slightly disagree, since we can easily store equips in the cash shop.
    I see your point though, I will be totally indifferent if such a tab existed, or if it wasn't included.
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited November 2018

No level cap. What is it good for? I suggest we just remove the level cap altogether (or make it something stupid high, like 99,999), make the EXP requirement exponential, in a way that it's impossible to reach the cap.
    And now levels truly reflect on the player's hard work and dedication and EXP is always a good reward. Every level still only gives you +5 stat, and that's it. Hyper stats stop at 250 as usual. I think to this day, nobody in KMS has reached level 275 (but they are close).
    Imagine if you could just keep accumulating EXP, and be rewarded.
    Granted, at very high levels it becomes ridiculous, and with the current EXP formula, when the mobs are too far below your level, EXP becomes harder to get. But if there's no level cap, in the distant future, level will have a true meaning. A person with a high enough level can actually be proud of his/her achievement.

I also think after a certain level, we should get more passive hyper skill points. It makes sense, and it's not too broken. The benefit is not too large, since we already had these.
    If not enough to fill up all of the passives, than at least a couple more would do the trick.

I also really want to save my customized keyboard layout, and alternate between layouts. "Kind of" what Beast Tamer has, where each mode has a separated keyboard layout. And if we're on that subject, I'd also like to have EQUIP set saved. Instead of changing a set of equips, have a set-up saved, and change all of my equips with a click, instead of one-by-one.

Oh, remember when you had that IGN purge event that one time? Can we have that more often? Or make a rule that if a player doesn't log in to their account within 4 years, the IGN will be "purged"? 4 years is a lot of time. Make it so every December, there's a name purge, or something like that.

Ever since Bera got the unified communities of all different servers, a lot of players wish they had transferred. I know many examples, and I am sure I'm not alone. I guess Nexon NA would hate that, but in reality there's a lot of players that still want to transfer worlds.

The Jett revamp is long overdue, like, seriously, at this point I wonder if you even remember you made it in the first place. Their Maple Warrior is still to this day, the slowest casting version.

And for the love of god, WHY did you remove the /find function? It did no trouble in our community... Like, blacklist, and offline mode weren't enough? I know, I know, KMS removed it, but KMS actually have toxic KSers, and overpopulation. We're civilized, I swear.

Like, I know you don't have to, but I wish I could leave a name next to the items I put up in Auction House. Could you... uuuh... add such a function? If I wish to contact the seller, and talk about the price, I would very much like to be able to do that. Also, the fact that there are items that are worth more than 30,000,000,000 mesos in existence means I am unable to sell it legitimately. You don't leave me any other option. You really don't. I have to sell the item through discord, and not for meso. what else do you expect me to do? WAIT UNTIL YOU INCREASE THE MESO CAP? Last time you did, it hardly mattered (although it was welcome nonetheless).

There was like this one time where a lot of players complained that they don't have space in their inventory, so you made potions stack to 3,000 and added space. I LIKE THAT. Can you do the something about Hyper Teleport Rock, and Buddy Lists? I need more space. I really do, I am not joking, the game is large enough for me to have more than 100 friends. No Joke. Also, there are A LOT more than 13 maps I would like to save.

As for the next one, I think some players may disagree, and some may agree with me strongly. I think Scissors of Karma were a stupid idea, and it shouldn't be a thing, and I think it's too demanding, and a lot of players hate it for a very good reason. To make it more accessible, lower the price significantly, or make the endgame items tradable. It's not like the players don't use it anyway, it's just that if I have to buy 1 and pay 5$ for it, and I need 15 of them, it's TOO MUCH. If it was a much lower price, I'd feel safer to buy more, and more often. Many players would, you lose nothing, but we actually get to enjoy OUR OWN EQUIPS. Jesus, we own the things, why can't we enjoy it?!

well, I'd like to be able to use rope lift, and Ethereal Form while I have Righteously Indignant on. Ethereal Form is a buff, and Rope Life is pretty basic, every single class can use it except for me. Sure, Maybe Erda Nova is a bit much, and other 5th job skills as well, but this is really basic. Why should I be able to use it?

Besides that, I would love to use Holy Fountain more often, it helps everyone, but the casting animation TAKES YEARS. I'll die ten times before I finish using it, and since it has a set duration, it would surely expire before everyone got to use it, and I am not taking the risk of summoning another one, for real, I don't wanna die.

Can we make Bishop less garbage and more useful BESIDES Benediction? Pretty please? there's a person attached to that Giant yellow bubble, thank you very much. I'd like to be able to dispel Will's anti-potion thing, or IDK what, I feel like people don't want me for who I am, they want me for my big, round, beautiful b-
    bubble.

Wow a lot of good ideas in this post. more passives would be cool but some of the other stuff you touched on should be given priority.

being able to save more than 1 keyboard layout to switch often sounds like such a great idea. also being able to switch all your gear with one click is an amazing idea. If you have different gear for drop%, bossing, etc, this would be so convenient.

IGN purge event is also a good idea, 4 years is reasonable, and would be coming around in less than a year from now (October 2015 was last one)

Transferring worlds is probably the biggest priority. Even with all these changes my server would still be worthlessly dead.

Don't care about Jett

/find i can do without, as I think the consequences (stalking) for some well known players far outweighed the benefits people like me get from the feature.

would love expansion on the AH system. contacting the seller, or bidding, after all its called a dam auction house and there is no real auction going on. That would be great, even anonymously chatting with the seller would be adequate, the system is kind of undeveloped the way it is now.

Definitely agree about the inventory division. there are so many enhancement items that my USE is always first to get filled up. A new section for scrolls of any kind, cube fragments, that would be nice.

Also never understood the love for chairs.. Such a weird phenomena for players to gravitate towards them.

the scissors of karma is a huge burden. They are way too expensive (despite going on sale often, they are just gouging the desperate players who need it in a pinch) the whole concept is bizarre, especially when Nexon keeps on rendering equipment obsolete by introducing new ones.. Players are already putting serious money into these equips, you making them worth less is financially burdensome enough already. The problem with this one is that is helps them meet a bottom line, and since many players passively accept the high cost of every aspect of this game, it is still viable to leave scissors of karma.. But this speaks to a way bigger problem in the game. all in all I agree though.

Transparent pets and android... WHY HASNT THIS BEEN ADDRESSED YET??!! Talk about slacking.

expanding the bank could be cool too, I think it would be nice if the bank started out the size of the expanded version of the inventory. with all these events, everyone should have a huge storage by now.

Great ideas man. Only thing I truly disagree with is the uncapped leveling. The top leveler would inevitably be a hacker.
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Trystarr wrote: »
    -snip-

Great ideas man. Only thing I truly disagree with is the uncapped leveling. The top leveler would inevitably be a hacker.

Thank you!

Aaaaaand I am thinking in the long run.
    Hackers, idealy, would be dealt with.
    Think about MapleStory as an ideal game only with legitimate players, the dedicated ones stay online for about 8~12 hours a day, while the casual stay 4~6 hours.
    No hackers, botters, etc.
    If we get 275 as a level cap *today* then in 2 years the level cap would be a lot less significant, just as 250 isn't as significant today as it is.
    There really is only downsides with a level cap, and the only downside to no level cap is that less players are motivated to train to a certain specific level (for example, some players would rather stop training at 270, if there was no level cap).
    The routine of - People get to level cap > Wait a few years until it's easy to reach > RAISE IT > People get to level cap > REPEAT
    It's redundant.
    Without a level cap, you can surpass 275, and go beyond as far as you would like. And you'll be rewarded for it, if you're capable to surpass 275.

I would also like to point out that if a ranking existed for no level cap, a hacker surpassing legit players would be found out rather quickly by the community.