[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I need help about this month Event: Black Mage

KevRoxXKevRoxX
Reactions: 200
So i have heard about the Black Mage is coming out and i'm really hoping join the battle and the thing is that i don't know how to start that event and i don't know how to join the maple alliance outpost please help me. I have 2 questions about this event so please mod or someone please explain.
1. Every Character can do this event or only explorers can?
2. When will this event start? I really need the time.

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2018
    Hello and welcome to the forum to answer your question
    1.every character can join this event.
    2.the maple alliance is coming this November and the fight against the black is on December.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    All eligible players are able to fight the Black Mage. This means any character above level 200 who have completed their 5th job advancement may participate in the Tenebris expedition, collect Determination, and benefit from Alliance skills and items. Personally I'll be using those storm growth potions to level my main through the remainder of the Arcane River area.
    At the end of the update, the Black Mage will be released as a normal boss. However this also means that the level cap will jump to 275 and the Tenebris areas will have their level ranges increased with story restrictions as well: Moonbridge will be restricted to players level 245+ who have completed the Esfera storyline, Labyrinth of Suffering will be 250+ after completing Moonbridge, and Limina will be level 255+ after completing Labyrinth.

The event will start after the v.200 update. The update preview was released 4 days ago, so the update proper will likely be on Wednesday of this week.

Edit:
    The update was indeed confirmed for November 14th. It is projected to take about 7 hours.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/38501/scheduled-game-update-november-14-2018
    PST (UTC -8): 5:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    EST (UTC -5): 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
    CET (UTC +1): 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM
    AEDT (UTC +11): 12:00 AM (November 15) - 7:00 AM (November 15)
  • KevRoxXKevRoxX
    edited November 2018
    Thank you about the information and i have one more question (sorry i didn't ask sooner) so as you say that level 200 may participate and that make me confuse so please help me one more time.
    Question: Is this for all level 61 characters or only level 200? and thank you again
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2018
    Level 61+ characters can collect Determination for the Maple Aliance through certain missions available in-game. Level 200 characters can explore the Tenebris area and actually fight the Black Mage.
    KevRoxX
  • KevRoxXKevRoxX
    edited November 2018
    Ok ok ok ok ok ok. One last thing, just one last thing, as everyone know that the first gathering heroes end and that is the way to get to the Maple Alliance Outpost and yet i missed that event, is there a way for me to join the Maple Alliance Outpost when i missed the previous event? I really want to do this event. Thank you (sorry)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2018
    The events haven't started yet.

There was the Maple Missions event, but that was a GMS-exclusive thing where you completed events in-game and got prizes, it doesn't have any effect on the in-game events starting tomorrow. The main reward from that event was just a mount where you roll around on top of a giant hamster:
    MapleStoryHamsterMount.gif
    The Alliance Base event was just a for-funsies thing that put new sprites on the page whenever you completed one of the Maple Missions. It doesn't have any effect on the game at all (luckily for me, considering I never completed it either).

So, yeah, all of your characters should be eligible to participate.
  • uywepuywep
    Reactions: 205
    edited November 2018
    can we get notes already so i know kishin is removed and i can quit this game
    Lyeden