[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Scheduled Maintenance Delays

SkreechSkreech
Reactions: 300
edited November 2018 in General Chat
So as per usual, the scheduled maintenance is having issues and Nexon has decided to delay the update. It's pretty much to be expected with every major update that comes out, so I am not upset about that. What I am upset about is that they have made posts saying that they will be making updates every 30 minutes as to the progress of the maintenance, which they aren't upholding. The updates are coming in every hour to hour and a half and are being very vague about what issues are going on/what bugs are occuring.
Nexon, if you say you're going to update every half hour, then go ahead and do that
/rant

Comments

• bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2018
    Typical of how they handle these sorts of things. I pretty much knew 30 minute updates were not going to happen. Actually, I'll be quite surprised that once it's up it isn't pulled back down for additional hours of maintenance. It's just what I've become to expect over the years with Nexon and Maplestory.
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited November 2018
    Well, that's nexon for you. Geez... I wonder if it was this bad when it was just Wizet (Ahem!). Anyway, sit down, relax, and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa. I mean.... we can rant about this all you want til your face turns blue. But, these things will always happen with updates on any game. They just want to make sure everything is fine before opening it out to anyone. I mean if they did follow what they said, and the game is messed up, your rants will be worse than it is now.
  • QcSandOfTimeQcSandOfTime
    Reactions: 870
    edited November 2018
    if they have a test server they should test it before the actual maintenance. they wouldve seen the bug and could fix it before going threw the actual maintenance
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited November 2018
    It's maintenance we do this every time there is a major update: Nexon extends maint>people rant>nexon extends again>people complain about it being their day off or some other random excuse to rant>nexon gets game up by rushing to please said ranters> game goes up but with trade block or soft drop ban> people complain harder than ever before...

But this time Nexon extends maint gives a decent reason why AND gives decent updates>not good enough people still rant as if they could possibly help if they knew what was wrong...

but i have to say only seen 1 thread about maint...then again i have not been to the sub reddit...
  • Brad623Brad623
    You said so yourself, it's to be expected for nexon to f up.
  • TaggrinTaggrin
    Reactions: 500
    Ladysio wrote: »
    It's maintenance we do this every time there is a major update: Nexon extends maint>people rant>nexon extends again>people complain about it being their day off or some other random excuse to rant>nexon gets game up by rushing to please said ranters> game goes up but with trade block or soft drop ban> people complain harder than ever before...

But this time Nexon extends maint gives a decent reason why AND gives decent updates>not good enough people still rant as if they could possibly help if they knew what was wrong...

but i have to say only seen 1 thread about maint...then again i have not been to the sub reddit...

cuz maple 2.

I'm getting pretty impatient, I fall under that "it was my day off" category you mentioned. Also, I quit maple 2 to come back to maple 1 and made that decision last night. So far... well, haven't been ab
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited November 2018
    It's just nexon being nexon dude. Nothing you can do about it
  • VolkswagenVolkswagen
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2018
    12.5hrs later though. They must've had to do it twice.
  • SkreechSkreech
    edited November 2018
    And now the website says that the maintenance is complete as of 8:45pm EST (7:45pm for me) however the website and client both state that the game is still in maintenance. Ummmmm...what?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Skreech wrote: »
    And now the website says that the maintenance is complete as of 8:45pm EST (7:45pm for me) however the website and client both state that the game is still in maintenance. Ummmmm...what?

An issue was detected with Kishin, where the skill wasn't applying the spawn rate increase.
    The game was taken down to address the issue. This was announced in-game along with a notice to log off safely to preserve character data, but has not been updated on the website just yet.
  • IDontKnowWhatMyNameIsIDontKnowWhatMyNameIs
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »
    Typical of how they handle these sorts of things. I pretty much knew 30 minute updates were not going to happen. Actually, I'll be quite surprised that once it's up it isn't pulled back down for additional hours of maintenance. It's just what I've become to expect over the years with Nexon and Maplestory.

:o

Well, would you look at that?!

They don't even know how long it's gonna take to unscrew Kishin..>XD
    Skreech
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited November 2018
    Hey, guess what? You should read this.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/18674/not-frequently-enough-asked-questions

Now calm down and stop acting like children.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2018
    LOL, usually when a single skill isn't working correctly they'll wait until the next maintenance to fix it for other classes. An essential skill used for botters to produce money for resale doesn't work and they shut down the game again immediately. Very interesting...
    Mira
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2018
    Still running maintenance on my end, I know they did a massive bot-nuke scenario but who knows if it'll do any good. I haven't been on but I'm interested to see what changed by logging on soon.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    I just love that they say it's done, yet all servers are still done.
  • DarkRheezaDarkRheeza
    any reason its taking so long to just revert the changes to a single skill and not providing updates regularly.