[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Revert Raging Blow sound effect to before v.177

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Before v.177, non-Enraged Raging Blow sounded like in this video:

It's a single long "swish" which matches the animation of the sword's arc movement.

V.177 changed it to be like in KMS, so now it sounds like this:

A very annoying ratatatatata which I guess is supposed to represent every single line of damage with a separate clang, or something.

To me, it sounds horrible. And as this is my one and only mobbing skill that I have to use all the time, it basically makes playing a Hero, with SFX on, very painful.

Please consider reverting the sound for the skill to what we had before.
Lilyflower

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    Well, i never played hero after red uptate, yet i still agree the new sound isn't smoothy compared to the old one.
  • SilverswornSilversworn
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited October 2016
    Oh geez, hearing that sound sent shivers down my spine.

I hope this gets addressed, the old sound was way better. Reminds me of a similar thing that happened with I/L's Glacial Chains a few years back.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2016
    I actually like the newer sound fx, everyone kept poking Nexon to add the KMS sound effects and I'm glad they finally did it. The only new sound I didn't like was the Sound Effect for Paladin's HP Recovery skill, which awfully sounds like something that would go on an Archer skill.

I never liked that "swish" sound effect because of the way they swung their sword in a circular motion which doesn't draw out maximum power if this were a real sword technique tbh. The new one reminds me the clanging of metal via the sword banging against enemies that possibly have some sort of armor.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

I actually like the newer sound fx, everyone kept poking Nexon to add the KMS sound effects and I'm glad they finally did it. The only new sound I didn't like was the Sound Effect for Paladin's HP Recovery skill, which awfully sounds like something that would go on an Archer skill.

I never liked that "swish" sound effect because of the way they swung their sword in a circular motion which doesn't draw out maximum power if this were a real sword technique tbh. The new one reminds me the clanging of metal via the sword banging against enemies that possibly have some sort of armor.
    It may be more "realistic", but that doesn't make it any less painful to the ears. And the animation is still a circular motion, anyway.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Well, not everyone can be happy i guess, i don't want them to revert the SFX though!, because that means well get pre v177 sfx :( and meybe you got like 1 or 2 skills that sound different, and i really do feel sorry for you man :( , but i as a Phantom had a major skills sounds improvement by like +100 times better, i'm talking mille,tempest,buffs,shroud walk,flash jump,,, (ohh i HATED THE NON KMS PHANTOMS FLASH JUMP!)(Sounded so Lacking ....) , it sounded like it had a missing effect, and so did my buffs,and mille. tempest just sounds higher pitched which i do like btw, i also looked at an (Old = Pre V177 Update XD) gms phantom video with the old sfx ,and let me tell you the Kms SFX Sounds x100 Times better. again sorry that it sounds painful to your ears , meybe try lowering the sounds ? , or play maple on mute and put on some music ?

TLDR : I Love the new KMS SFX !!!! , Pls Don't revert the SFX Back! ,You can try lowering your sounds in game/put on some music.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I didn't ask for all sound effects to be reverted. Just the one.

And I use the in-game sounds to know what's going on. If I mute them (or lower them and put on music to drown them out, which is the same thing), I feel half-blind.