[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ruined my Tera Burning character, any fixes?

AvenkrossAvenkross
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
So I was booting the game up and it'd been a while (atleast half a year or more since I'd first played) and I wanted to make an i/l mage on Reboot. I was skipping through the tutorial quite a lot because, well, I'd been through it atleast 10 times. After I got to the point where I had to select a job I accidentally picked warrior. No big deal, this had happened before and you actually have to visit them to get the job. Only issue is that, while I was moving towards finding a taxi, every 5 seconds a pop up would show up telling me that I needed to go see Dances with Balrog. The pop up was getting annoying so I decided to atleast read it. It said it could help me fix my mistake if I didn't want to be a warrior (big mistake.) So I go to the spot and as you may have guessed it just turned me into a warrior. According to what I read I was supposed to hit decline to get the other options. It would have been nice to know that going in, or have another option there to hit decline, or just not have a pop up that appears every 5 seconds, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Is there a way to get another Tera Burning character? I don't want to be a warrior, and would much rather play a mage for the Tera burning event. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited November 2018
    Hey Avenkross! Is this character an explorer type? You might be able to just go to the other jobs instructor and talk with them still. As far as I remember, you can still change your mind if you want to go to another instructor. However, if this doesn't work, you can delete your character. As long as you didn't accept a job, you shouldn't have to wait 24 hours to delete your character. I hope this helps you out, but I am not so sure if things changed. Usually, explorer classes don't make you finalize your choice. I am sure someone else has a better solution. Good luck. I am sorry to hear you had this issue already on the first day.
    Avenkross
  • AvenkrossAvenkross
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2018
    Unfortunately they are a warrior. If I delete my character, can I still do burning on another once the deletion is cleared? I recall this being an issue in previous burning events.

Edit: I tried to delete my character and it immediately went through without delay. I can now make a new burning character :D
    edited November 2018
    Avenkross wrote: »
    Unfortunately they are a warrior. If I delete my character, can I still do burning on another once the deletion is cleared? I recall this being an issue in previous burning events.

Edit: I tried to delete my character and it immediately went through without delay. I can now make a new burning character :D

Yes, but there is a catch. If the timer does show up, you have to wait til the timer ends and completely delete it. Only then can you make your burn character again.
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited November 2018
    soo who is good against bossing what classes again??? and how does paladin fair so far now with all this content?
    edited November 2018
    1st question I know I can't answer. I am still trying out different classes. I am a Paladin now.... and I still can't answer that question for ya. Next person! (Pass paton to next person posting)
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Avenkross wrote: »

Yes, but there is a catch. If the timer does show up, you have to wait til the timer ends and completely delete it. Only then can you make your burn character again.

You can delete characters under level 30 instantly. Once they hit second job is when the 24 hour delay comes into play. At least I think it's at 30.