[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Which class should I play in 2018 ?

MikeSenpaiMikeSenpai
Reactions: 300
Hi guys,

I haven't been played Maplestory for ages. Now, I am gonna create a new character with the burnt bonus.
Any recommendation between Blaster, Cadena and Ark ?
All of three are the most interesting class for me :)
Thanks in advanced

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    MikeSenpai wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I haven't been played Maplestory for ages. Now, I am gonna create a new character with the burnt bonus.
    Thanks in advanced

If I had to choose between those three, I'd go Cadena (but that's because I prefer Thieves).
    If you're looking to learn some more lore, Cadena or Ark.
    Think both Cadena and Ark are a bit more challenging because they have their unique "system"s / combos that you need to keep up in order to keep damage up (could be wrong, only got both of them to third job for link skill).
    (No comments on Blaster since I've never played. xd)
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Blaster has the highest damage of the three, but also requires the most work to get said damage - it uses a weird intricate system of combos to boost damage (that aren't really well explained within the skills, so you kinda need to figure it out yourself).

Ark and Cadena are both really fun - very mobile classes, good damage, far easier management systems for their class gimmicks compared to Blaster. My personal ranking would be Cadena > Ark > Blaster.
    YinYangXMikeSenpai
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Hi guys,

Thanks in advanced

I think we're supposed to suggest things to the developers here, not to other players. Probably better fit for general chat.
    Blaster was fun imo, until I found out I was doing extremely subpair damage because not using the combo system.
    Ark is fun and so is Cadena. I'd say Cadena is slightly more challenging than Ark. So either of those over Blaster would be my say-so.
    YinYangXMikeSenpai
  • MikeSenpaiMikeSenpai
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2018
    Thanks guys, looks like those 3 need to be mastered to make it work. Also, in general, do you know which character is tier S ? Actually
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Thanks guys, looks like those 3 need to be mastered to make it work. Also, in general, do you know which character is tier S ? Actually

Jw, what's this "tier S" / tier system you mentioned? (Asking for my ignorance.)
    Fuhreak