[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GM unresponsive and ignoring botters

AnotherWenAnotherWen
Reactions: 800
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Hi Maple Community,

I would like insight on this matter. Today my friend and I ran across a character in Henesys Market with the IGN Removed. I attempted to contact this person as there were many bots spamming illicit programs and illicit ways to obtain mesos just one map away (Henesys Town). However, this person ignored all attempts at contact or was AFK.

I would like confirmation on whether Removed is indeed a GM and if so, this may be a case of moonlighting on the job. Currently, when I am in Henesys town, I cannot even read what I type in the text bar because of the hackers/botters/spammers. Why is the GM ignoring all of this?

If this is a case where a player has gotten thru the name screening process and was able to create a character with ign starting with GM, then I suggest his name be reset. I'm fairly certain that this is against the rules.

For further note, this character was found on Bera Server, Channel 1.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

• AnotherWenAnotherWen
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Update: A character named [Removed], informed me this was indeed a GM and also his friend. However, he also attacked me with a bunch of foul names. I don't think being friends with a GM entitles you to belittle anyone, much less curse at them. I have also taken a video of this verbal transaction. [Removed] started insulting me after I brought a few players to see the GM in question.

My point still remains, why is the GM actively ignoring the botters/spammers in Henesys Town, just one map away from where he is at.

Sorry if this is all common knowledge, but for someone who has played other MMO's, I'm surprised at the lack of action GMs take upon hackers.

Some players have also informed me the GM may take negative actions towards me for this post. However, I believe an act of retaliation for pointing out a blatant problem is unnecessary and downright cruel. I have documented everything and would like my fellow maplers to stand up for me if the gm in question indeed bans me or takes other retaliatory measures.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    I'm going to remove reference to this player's name for safety's sake.

That character is not a GM. A GM has the following attributes:
    GMs also do not appear on the rankings, but neither do previously-banned characters, so you shouldn't assume a character is a GM because they aren't on the rankings.
    If you are unsure, check the character appearance; if they don't have the briefcase, hat, or special effect, they are not a GM. Further, a GM does not need your password information to log into your account, they can do so directly, so if a character asks for such information it is an immediate disqualifier.

Impersonating a GM is against the rules, but as far as I've seen this character isn't actively trying to impersonate a GM, and in fact their name looks to be a coincidence.

Edit: I am also removing reference to the other character you mentioned. They were either lying, or you may have misinterpreted. You may report the character who told you they were a GM to Nexon via a ticket.
    AnotherWen
  • AnotherWenAnotherWen
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Hi Neospector,
    Thank you for confirming my fears. Furthermore, if you review footage of the game of my interaction with reacted players, you will note they not only threaten but insult me once I started telling people this was not a game master. I will send in a ticket along with my video documentation of the exchanges.
    Much like an inappropriate name, the redacted player should have his ign reset. I will do as you suggest and present my evidence in a ticket.

Thank you for caring about our community and happy holidays to all.
  • AnotherWenAnotherWen
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I believe I am well within my right to prevent other maplers from believing this character is a GM and believeing his words carry merit over Nexon's intentions as opposed to a simple opinion.