[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Elite Boss not dropping protection scrolls, etc

CrowningCrowning
Reactions: 200
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Elite Boss not dropping certain items that they should be dropping

Brief bug summary: I've been doing maple relay and I notice that elite boss stop dropping certain items ... I asked a few of my friends as well and none of them have gotten any cubics, flames, etc. I checked AH and there are NO protection scrolls in there

Character name: CROWNING

Character level: 250

Character job: Shade

World name: Broa

Date and time of the incident: Dec1 - Dec 31

Time Zone: East

Comments

• CrowningCrowning
    edited December 2018
    Bug type: Elite Boss not dropping certain items that they should be dropping

Brief bug summary: I've been doing maple relay and I notice that elite boss stop dropping certain items ... I asked a few of my friends as well and none of them have gotten any cubics, flames, etc. I checked AH and there are NO protection scrolls in there

Character name: CROWNING

Character level: 250

Character job: Shade

World name: Broa

Date and time of the incident: Dec1 - Dec 31

Time Zone: East
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Elite Bosses only drop one item, the Rare Treasure Chest, which every Eboss is still dropping.
    The bug you're trying to report is that the Rare Treasure Chest prize pool has been reduced. >.>
  • CrowningCrowning
    edited January 2019
    elite boss mobs used to drop cubic blades .... so what im reporting is correct
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Crowning wrote: »

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Elite_Monsters_and_Elite_Bosses#Rewards
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/3lsx59/updated_guide_to_elite_monsters_bosses/

Neither says that Elite Bosses have every dropped cubics or flames. Only Elite Monsters dropped those.
    Elite Monsters have never dropped protections scrolls. Those only come from Rare Treasure Chests dropped by Elite Bosses.
    So no, what you're reporting isn't correct or is a mash up two different possible bugs tried to roll into one.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited January 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Elite_Monsters_and_Elite_Bosses#Rewards
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/3lsx59/updated_guide_to_elite_monsters_bosses/

Neither says that Elite Bosses have every dropped cubics or flames. Only Elite Monsters dropped those.
    Elite Monsters have never dropped protections scrolls. Those only come from Rare Treasure Chests dropped by Elite Bosses.
    So no, what you're reporting isn't correct or is a mash up two different possible bugs tried to roll into one.

no your wrong they changed that, elite monsters drop protection scrolls now, and elite bosses don't, and crowning is correct emobs have stopped dropping them for a while now
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019

no your wrong they changed that, elite monsters drop protection scrolls now, and elite bosses don't, and crowning is correct emobs have stopped dropping them for a while now

Jw, are you sure you're not thinking about blue Shield Scrolls? Since when have Elite Monsters dropped brown Protection Scrolls?
    Can you show me at least one source / pictures showing this if you actually meant what you said and aren't mistaken?
    Both the sources I listed are pretty reliable and accurate (pre. v200, to my knowledge).

And no, he has been saying that the problem is Elite Bosses. He has yet to clarify/correct himself to saying Elite Monsters.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019

Jw, are you sure you're not thinking about blue Shield Scrolls? Since when have Elite Monsters dropped brown Protection Scrolls?
    Can you show me at least one source / pictures showing this if you actually meant what you said and aren't mistaken?
    Both the sources I listed are pretty reliable and accurate (pre. v200, to my knowledge).

And no, he has been saying that the problem is Elite Bosses. He has yet to clarify/correct himself to saying Elite Monsters.

He did say "elite boss mobs" while referencing the cubic blades, but yes the original report is more of a blanket statement.
    And that reddit guide you linked includes Protection Scroll under Elite Monster rewards.
    Q : What do I get from Elite Monsters?

A: All the possible drops of the normal monster, medal of honor (even if out of level range), potions, clean slate 5%, golden hammer 50%, cubic blade, cubic chaos blade, safety scroll, protection scroll, innocence scroll 50%, master craftsman's cube. These are instanced drops for anyone who attacks the elite monster (if you attack it, you get your own drops that no one else can see).

Regardless, this has been brought up before and Arwoo confirmed it's not an intentional change.
    Mira
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    SadVirgin wrote: »

He did say "elite boss mobs" while referencing the cubic blades, but yes the original report is more of a blanket statement.
    And that reddit guide you linked includes Protection Scroll under Elite Monster rewards.

Thank you for pointing out the link part, I wasn't paying attention when I skimmed and only looked at the part where it said that you got Protection Scrolls from Elite Bosses. But for clarifications, have Elite Monsters actually dropped Protection Scrolls before? To my memories it's always been Shield Scrolls with Proctection Scrolls coming from only the Rare Treasure Chest.

And no (yes, I'm being nit picky about grammar/English). Elite boss mobs grammatically indicates the Elite Boss monsters. Elite mob bosses would indicate the Elite Monsters which seem like bosses
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I've personally gotten Protection Scrolls from emobs before, and you yourself said the sources you provided were reliable so I'd assume the items listed there are correct since all the others are. Perhaps you're just unlucky.

Whether grammatically correct or not, if someone says "Zakum mobs" anyone would assume it's the mobs that are spawned during Zakum or in relation to Zakum and not the boss itself. I believe that is what OP was getting at with "elite boss mobs" as opposed to just saying "elite bosses". Since the issue is already known, I believe Nexon is able to read between the lines as I have.

If you worry about the bug report not being precise or grammatically correct enough you can always submit your own post here with the details you feel are lacking instead of nitpicking others to no end despite it being obvious what they're trying to convey.
    MiraCrowning
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I've personally gotten Protection Scrolls from emobs before, and you yourself said the sources you provided were reliable so I'd assume the items listed there are correct since all the others are. Perhaps you're just unlucky.

Whether grammatically correct or not, if someone says "Zakum mobs" anyone would assume it's the mobs that are spawned during Zakum or in relation to Zakum and not the boss itself. I believe that is what OP was getting at with "elite boss mobs" as opposed to just saying "elite bosses". Since the issue is already known, I believe Nexon is able to read between the lines as I have.

If you worry about the bug report not being precise or grammatically correct enough you can always submit your own post here with the details you feel are lacking instead of nitpicking others to no end despite it being obvious what they're trying to convey.

So actual Protection scrolls and not Shield scrolls? Okay, that is good to know.

Yes, but if someone says "Zakum boss mob" no one is going to think "the mobs that are spawned during Zakum or in relation to Zakum and just think about the boss itself". In the two (different) posts the op put, "boss" was indicated in both while "mob" was only in the later.

My concern was never about grammar, and it never is when I'm "nitpicking others to no end despite it being obvious what they're trying to convey" (unless it's someone ranting about other's stupidity while flaunting his/her own lack of intelligence). My concern is uneducated people making posts/bug reports based on uneducated expectations/understanding, as I mentioned way back when in my rant post.
    The op mentions "Elite Boss" / "elite boss mobs" and "protection scrolls" (vs. Shield Scrolls), two sets of terms that careless people usually confuse/use interchangeably. The two ways I interpreted the issue with the op's bug report is:
    1. Elite Bosses are not dropping "cubics, flames, etc", which in my recent memory, they never did, only the Rare Treasure Chest (which themselves don't have the previously mentioned). Additionally, the Elite Bosses (by extension of the Rare Treasure Chest) are not dropping Protection Scrolls.
    2. Elite Monsters are not dropping Protections Scrolls, which in my recent memory, they never did. Additionally, the Elite Monsters are not dropping "cubics, flames, etc".
    Second half of both interpretation are true and have been reported, but the first half are both wrong (at least from my understanding of the Protection Scroll drop). Hence, why I said, "So no, what you're reporting isn't correct or is a mash up two different possible bugs tried to roll into one." Given, yes, the fact that I didn't know that Elite Monsters actually drop Protection Scrolls (something which I'm still slightly doubtful of though not completely saying impossible given the luck/rng nature of), makes me the uneducated person in this situation "ranting about other's stupidity while flaunting his/her own lack of intelligence", which I will great apologize for afterwards when I realize how grave my mistake is.
  • CrowningCrowning
    edited January 2019

So actual Protection scrolls and not Shield scrolls? Okay, that is good to know.

Yes, but if someone says "Zakum boss mob" no one is going to think "the mobs that are spawned during Zakum or in relation to Zakum and just think about the boss itself". In the two (different) posts the op put, "boss" was indicated in both while "mob" was only in the later.

My concern was never about grammar, and it never is when I'm "nitpicking others to no end despite it being obvious what they're trying to convey" (unless it's someone ranting about other's stupidity while flaunting his/her own lack of intelligence). My concern is uneducated people making posts/bug reports based on uneducated expectations/understanding, as I mentioned way back when in my rant post.
    The op mentions "Elite Boss" / "elite boss mobs" and "protection scrolls" (vs. Shield Scrolls), two sets of terms that careless people usually confuse/use interchangeably. The two ways I interpreted the issue with the op's bug report is:
    1. Elite Bosses are not dropping "cubics, flames, etc", which in my recent memory, they never did, only the Rare Treasure Chest (which themselves don't have the previously mentioned). Additionally, the Elite Bosses (by extension of the Rare Treasure Chest) are not dropping Protection Scrolls.
    2. Elite Monsters are not dropping Protections Scrolls, which in my recent memory, they never did. Additionally, the Elite Monsters are not dropping "cubics, flames, etc".
    Second half of both interpretation are true and have been reported, but the first half are both wrong (at least from my understanding of the Protection Scroll drop). Hence, why I said, "So no, what you're reporting isn't correct or is a mash up two different possible bugs tried to roll into one." Given, yes, the fact that I didn't know that Elite Monsters actually drop Protection Scrolls (something which I'm still slightly doubtful of though not completely saying impossible given the luck/rng nature of), makes me the uneducated person in this situation "ranting about other's stupidity while flaunting his/her own lack of intelligence", which I will great apologize for afterwards when I realize how grave my mistake is.

Uhm so back to the real problem. Elite Boss Mobs are not dropping cubics, flames, and etc. When will this be fixed? anyone have an idea?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Uhm so back to the real problem. Elite Boss Mobs are not dropping cubics, flames, and etc. When will this be fixed? anyone have an idea?

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/42200/maple-memo-v201-status-update-jan-4
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Fixing an issue where Elite Monsters wouldn't drop the following items:
    Cubic Blade
    Cubic Chaos Blade
    Protection Scroll
    Golden Hammer 50%
    Unrelenting Flame
    Forever Unrelenting Flame