[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Phase 1 Lucid Disconnection

CrypticTheiCrypticThei
Reactions: 870
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Disconnecting

Brief bug summary: I, along with other players, are randomly disconnecting in phase 1 of Lucid.

More details:
-There is little to no lag throughout the run, and then a random disconnection occurs
-This occurs across multiple players all playing on different wifi and wired connections.
-This has been an ongoing issue for me since 9/16/2018
-This occurs in both normal and hard lucid

-There seems to be no consistency to the DC; it occurs independently of:
a) the time on the clock
b) how many HP bars left
c) how many golems there are
d) how many players there are in the party
e) what attack lucid is using

I managed to record the last 2 known incidents (today and yesterday)

Character name: CrypticThei

Character level: 235

Character job: Hero

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: The last recorded incident was around 1:00AM EST on 1/6/2019.

Anybody else having this issue?

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    It has nothing to do with Lucid. It has to do with the fact that the servers are **** right now, so doing anything will disconnect you. Lucid just happens to be a really bad place since there are a lot of people doing a lot of damage, which causes bigger strain on your computer to keep you connected while processing all the visuals.

The fix is on Nexon's end to get their service in order.
  • CrypticTheiCrypticThei
    Reactions: 870
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with Lucid. It has to do with the fact that the servers are **** right now, so doing anything will disconnect you. Lucid just happens to be a really bad place since there are a lot of people doing a lot of damage, which causes bigger strain on your computer to keep you connected while processing all the visuals.

The fix is on Nexon's end to get their service in order.

Like I said, this has been an issue for about 4 months now, and even persisted during the periods where servers were fine (such as the day of large patches and ban waves).

The disconnecting is independent of visuals too, whether I have settings on max and transparencies opaque, or settings low and full transparency. My computer typically has no issues running MapleStory, and hardly ever disconnects besides during lucid.

This also occurs even when there’s just me in the run, and I’m not attacking lucid (see the second clip recorded).
  • ImaginätionImaginätion
    Reactions: 100
    I have exactly the same problem and it's been 4 weeks now. Same type of disconnection than shown on the video.
  • LUrKerLUrKer
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2020
    Bug type: Disconnecting

Brief bug summary: I, along with other players, are randomly disconnecting in phase 1 of Lucid.

More details:
    -There is little to no lag throughout the run, and then a random disconnection occurs
    -This occurs across multiple players all playing on different wifi and wired connections.
    -This has been an ongoing issue for me since 9/16/2018
    -This occurs in both normal and hard lucid

-There seems to be no consistency to the DC; it occurs independently of:
    a) the time on the clock
    b) how many HP bars left
    c) how many golems there are
    d) how many players there are in the party
    e) what attack lucid is using

I managed to record the last 2 known incidents (today and yesterday)

Character name: CrypticThei

Character level: 235

Character job: Hero

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: The last recorded incident was around 1:00AM EST on 1/6/2019.

Anybody else having this issue?

I had the exact same issue.
    Same dc from boss (in case of lucid, exact same happening as shown in ur vid) and same kick out to world selection screen.

Did u ever get a chance to fix that?
    If so, mind sharing how?