[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Now that Black Mage is dead.....

ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
Reactions: 1,470
edited January 2019 in General Chat
For the love of chinchin, get rid of black mage quest for adventurer's gold emblem. Really stupid how for some jobs, you have to drag your azz from places to places, doing quests upon quests to finally get golden emblem, while other jobs have their emblems just given the moment you do 4th job adv.

Comments

• CJSmasherCJSmasher
    Reactions: 220
    edited January 2019
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    For the love of chinchin, get rid of black mage quest for adventurer's gold emblem. Really stupid how for some jobs, you have to drag your azz from places to places, doing quests upon quests to finally get golden emblem, while other jobs have their emblems just given the moment you do 4th job adv.

Are you talking about the Explorer's questline? I don't want to sound like a jerk, but that's the whole storyline of the basic Explorer/Cannoneer/Dual Blade classes. I know that it seems odd for my Dual Blade to see people saying "We've defeated the Black Mage" while they're recovering from the shock of the Black Mage escaping the Temple of Time and nuking Maple Island, but Nexon is not going to bow to your whims and replace it with something else.

If you want them to replace the whole Explorer plotline, then you have to replace the Resistance plot for Resistance classes too because after Black Heaven, Gelimer is dead and Orchid left the Black Wings so the Black Wings are mostly disbanded, so new players creating a Resistance character realize... the Resistance is no longer calling itself that because Edelstein is free again. This is an MMORPG, new players have to know the lore of Maple World. The Explorer plotline with the Black Mage escaping is not that long and the only annoying thing is having to take the boat from Lith Harbor if you are a Cannoneer or Dual Blade and don't have the skill to teleport to Maple Island. I play Wizard101 too and I know it feels weird to be able to relive the boss fights in the beginning of the game, shouldn't Rattlebones be dead? If they don't have those bosses and content, new players won't understand what has been going on. This isn't real life where once someone is dead, they stay dead. *shrug*
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    CJSmasher wrote: »
    -snip-
    I think they might mean to stop making explorers do that questline for the emblem.
    The questline can stay (as it should), but the emblem could just be given for hitting 100.
    It does become a bit annoying considering how many explorers there are.
    Reactions: 735
    edited January 2019
    What do you mean the Black Mage is dead...
    BSGcKV4.png

Is this some kinda trolling because of the end of the quest?
    Kill Black Mage during the event get nothing for it eh!
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2019
    Everyone will get rewards for the Black Mage's death, don't worry, and they are good @2600.