[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Rune of Darkness doesn't work in Blackgate City

HousePetHousePet
Reactions: 1,245
edited January 2019 in Bug Reporting
^
No Elite mobs there, so it just spawns nothing.
If its not to hard, I'd just have it spawn three of the "bosses" there.

Comments

• HousePetHousePet
    edited January 2019
    They also don't work in Shanghai.
    Maybe you should just have a fallback option for when it can't generate an Elite Mob.
    Messenger of Darkness would be cool.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    HousePet wrote: »
    They also don't work in Shanghai.
    Maybe you should just have a fallback option for when it can't generate an Elite Mob.
    Messenger of Darkness would be cool.

Key word here, "event content".
    Also, problem isn't wrong monster being spawned, it's nothing spawning at all, hence even if the area gets coded to spawn Messenger of Darkness, even if you pop a Dark Rune, it's not going to spawn.
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited January 2019
    Looking at the 14 GB total folder size of my install, I would not be surprised to hear that event content isn't removed...
    In any case, it was just a suggestion, and I doubt making "event content" permanent is a difficulty.
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited February 2019
    Well either the Event is still ongoing, or there is a bug, as I just got a Messenger of Darkness spawning in Vanishing Journey.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    Messengers were, along with the whole of tenebris, re-added as permanent content.

And it's not a bug for runes of darkness to not work in blackgate city, shanghai, and whatever world tour(singapore, malaysia, etc) areas still exist. These areas are not present in kms and, as a result, don't have elite monsters. And I know that elite monsters are basically just blown-up versions of normal monsters, but it's apparently not as simple as "take the map mobs and make them bigger".