[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bera is a disaster.

ChobitsChiiChobitsChii
Reactions: 430
edited January 2019 in General Chat
The server is too laggy and inestable because all of those nasty botters, I can't do Damien boss because lag bugs it!
I'ts incredible that nexon decided not to remove kishin and don't fix the servers, i have reported them and i don't see that the problem is solved, it's getting worse.

Comments

• UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited January 2019
    How to kill the game 101.
    Yeah, except Kishin is such a vital part of the game at this point. Those with no Frenzy Totem or are too poor to buy Frenzy/Kishin service usually make their own kishin mules for increased spawn rates. Kishin is even more vital in Reboot, where Kannas are used by all sorts of people to meso farm.
    They need to seriously think out what they're gonna do in place of Kishin, or else they can expect a tidal wave of criticism coming.
    darik
  • ChobitsChiiChobitsChii
    Reactions: 430
    edited January 2019
    I don't care about kishin or totem service because i leveled my character without it and that is a poor excuse to progress in this game.

I had played this game before the existence of the sengoku characters as a F2P player and yeah, maple is Hard for farming mesos but is a MMORPG and for progress you need to join forces in party.

Ha ha ha is kishin he vitality of Reboot?. I remember that Reboot was born because the other worlds were easy with P2W, and the players wanted some difficulty in the game and now "Kishin is the vitality of Reboot because of meso farming", No, Reboot was supposed to be Hard and players of that World want the things easier.

My point here is: Bera is unplayable because of the high latency cause of Kishin.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    Hey you know what else is a poor excuse for literally anything? Saying "I don't care if it negatively affects anyone, because it doesn't negatively affect me".

How you feel about something does not discount how others feel about it. You may not care, but 90% of reboot's players will.
    Fuhreakdarik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Kishin does need to have the increased spawn rate removed, that's for sure.
    Removing the spawn rate increase doesn't even have to be a nerf. Just increase drop/exp rate on the map by 2x.
    If Kishin should be such a great skill for EXP/Drop is debatable.
    While it is annoying to see this "We want it easier" mentality, it's something we can choose to avoid.
    The extra lag created by Kishin spam across the server is not.
    Opinions on the ease of the game aside, Kishin does pose major problems that Nexon cannot take too seriously.
    ChobitsChii
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    I still stand by what I've said before. Global spawn rate/count increase(value negotiable, of course) and remove that function from both kishin and frenzy totems. Change kishin to give an exp/drop/meso buff and let's call the values to be the same as enjoyable/lucky winters, change frenzy to do the same but more potent, somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5x perhaps. Both of which would, ideally, stack with other modifiers.

Will it piss off the people who dropped hundreds on marvel for a frenzy totem(or RMT'd for it)? Probably. But it would not be the first time an item that once was massively desired and obscenely expensive was changed in a way that completely murdered its former value.

Will it help the game? I believe it would, yes. It would allow people to train at nearly the same speed afforded to them by kishin or frenzy, while hopefully taking some stress off the servers.
    darik
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Hey remember when we had kishin glitched maps pretty much everywhere with increased spawn rate and the servers didn't suffer for it. But yeah spawn is definitely the problem and not the thousands upon thousands of botters. /s

Gutting a skill is not the solution to server lag that is caused by something entirely different.
    Fuhreakdarikluna02
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Hey remember when we had kishin glitched maps pretty much everywhere with increased spawn rate and the servers didn't suffer for it. But yeah spawn is definitely the problem and not the thousands upon thousands of botters. /s

Gutting a skill is not the solution to server lag that is caused by something entirely different.

Oh jeez, you're right. I forgot about the good old days of kishin glitched maps
  • RayzYRayzY
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited January 2019
    Am I the only one who find kishin party to be actually slower than training solo?
    Fuhreak
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited January 2019
    Mardia has been lagging all day as well, and its probably empty compared to Bera…

Its not like I had to go away to a funeral for a week and am now rushing to finish the tera burning character, with the 2xExp buff being frequently wiped because I die from a non responsive life pot button or anything super frustrating like that...
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2019
    Easy solution keep kishin the way it is and put a temp frenzy totem in cash shop. once you do that you can make game fair againa nd devalue the cost of frenzy. thats all you need. will hackers exploit it? absolutely but they exploit everything in game and its better nexon makes some money off temp frenzy then non at all.
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited January 2019
    The server is too laggy and inestable because all of those nasty botters, I can't do Damien boss because lag bugs it!
    I'ts incredible that nexon decided not to remove kishin and don't fix the servers, i have reported them and i don't see that the problem is solved, it's getting worse.

asking many people I am amazed by their answers, they would not play with kanna if nexon removes the kishin because this is an important skill in the game and more in people who do not have to buy frenzy, if nexon eliminates or modifies this skill, it should also nerf the frenzy totem and this just an economic downturn for nexon

change this skill by drop, buff, would affect another job, the bishops and best tamers, remember also that there are passive nodes, like hs and bless, nexon made a mistake, the merged, not fix the bugs of the game and the anti hack system very poor for a simple launcher, the crash of the game are huge, these errors are years ago before kanna appeared in global ms, the merged was the worst mistake they made, the solution was to unite all the worlds, any user logear to any server of each world with your friends or clan wherever you like, bera-dementos-kahini-chaos -scania etc. simple and easy solution

this problem will persist so remove kishin or change the skill or remove the character, the hackers have new ideas and ways to continue doing illicit activities. some think as a solution the number implement phone number, a fatal error because hackers use harmful and false pages to create false numbers and emails

nexon must implement a great maintenance of days, to solve all this and for the good of his community
    darikFuhreak
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Some assume that hackers can only use kannas to hack. A good amount of classes have been used for illicit activities over the years, and all of them would result in massive server lag when their numbers are this high and emobs and ebosses are being spawned constantly across the world in every channel. They have no basis to assume that hackers would stop using kannas if kishin were to be changed, or that it would alleviate lag in the least. The best solution would be to attempt to stop them from even getting into the game in the first place with more restrictions on account creation.
    Fuhreakdarik
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2019
    luna02 wrote: »

asking many people I am amazed by their answers, they would not play with kanna if nexon removes the kishin because this is an important skill in the game and more in people who do not have to buy frenzy, if nexon eliminates or modifies this skill, it should also nerf the frenzy totem and this just an economic downturn for nexon

change this skill by drop, buff, would affect another job, the bishops and best tamers, remember also that there are passive nodes, like hs and bless, nexon made a mistake, the merged, not fix the bugs of the game and the anti hack system very poor for a simple launcher, the crash of the game are huge, these errors are years ago before kanna appeared in global ms, the merged was the worst mistake they made, the solution was to unite all the worlds, any user logear to any server of each world with your friends or clan wherever you like, bera-dementos-kahini-chaos -scania etc. simple and easy solution

this problem will persist so remove kishin or change the skill or remove the character, the hackers have new ideas and ways to continue doing illicit activities. some think as a solution the number implement phone number, a fatal error because hackers use harmful and false pages to create false numbers and emails

nexon must implement a great maintenance of days, to solve all this and for the good of his community

Well when they find the solution that is,is nonsense to put a maintenance of days when they dont have a solution for the global picture of the problem which is instability and lag.
  • DarchesDarches
    Reactions: 620
    edited January 2019
    It's like the argument on marijuana. The solution is to remove BOTH Kishin AND Frenzy Totem. Maybe they could increase spawn rates in certain maps like starforce maps.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TheCAProjectTheCAProject
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2019
    Good thing I'm not over there in Bera. I thought that server was filled with actual players but after reading all this I changed my mind, I'm stuck in Broa for the time being, and it feels dead. Really wish I didn't miss the server change.

I'm really debating whether or not I should come back just to level up on my Mechanic to 200 and just call it quits from there.