[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

is this actually normal for maplestory?????

TharRandomPersonTharRandomPerson
Reactions: 205
edited January 2019 in Rants and Raves
hi just uh

so apparently it takes possibly months (or even years) to get some late game items
(i mean look at new genisis set, literally 1 month wait on black mage + he won't always drop the sealed ones when you defeat him)

i mean like
'grindy' games are meant to take a long while

but a year to get enough arcane force to fight black mage + a couple of months or more (maybe even another year) to get the genisis set

that's 2 years

now maybe it's just me but
would i be even playing/interested in maplestory after 2 years of constant grinding???

and i mean if you aren't able to play like every day for whatever reason it's going to take even longer to get enough arcane power

abd i mean, slightly below that list we still have every thing at ridiculosuly slow rates

absolab already takes forever
arcane set might also take a year
tyrant set it incredibly slow
even sweetwater and fafnir are incredibly stagnant

and i mean with the recent tera burning event people would be launched into late game, suddenly have their precious 12* fafnir dissapear, and the become stuck because sweetwater took too long ?

also pensilir is not a good enough replacement a lot of the times, the amount of stars you need it at to be near 12* fafnir is alot
Kuronekonova

Comments

• TharRandomPersonTharRandomPerson
    edited January 2019
    i just feel like that a) future burning events need to be thought out more

and b) there should be a slightly easier to obtain, weapon set for that large gap between pensilir and sweetwater, so people can actually progress

c) maybe cut things down a little more realistic, since i don't know another instance in a game where a game forced you to waste months/years on it to get something
  • ShadowParadoxShadowParadox
    Reactions: 1,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    In the next Tera Burning event when you get to level 180 and level 200 you will obtain permanent versions of the CRA Sets
    YinYangXKuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    Have you seen what the finished genesis weapon is like?

H1H3GsC.png

This isn't supposed to be easy to get. It's meant to be challenging.
  • TharRandomPersonTharRandomPerson
    edited January 2019
    In the next Tera Burning event when you get to level 180 and level 200 you will obtain permanent versions of the CRA Sets

i hope future burning events are like this so nobody becomes stuck with an unplayable character because they weren't able to get anything before the burning event expires
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2019
    The Genesis weapons don't drop from the Black Mage; you get the sealed version upon beating Hard mode, and then you unseal it through a series of quests that involve fighting the BM's commanders.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    The Genesis weapons don't drop from the Black Mage; you get the sealed version upon beating Hard mode, and then you unseal it through a series of quests that involve fighting the BM's commanders.

And the black mage himself, eight times.
    Kuronekonova
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Which takes eight months MINIMUM.
    Kuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    xparasite9 wrote: »

Which takes eight months MINIMUM.

Which doesn't even touch on the fact that you need like 50 or so of the tenebris daily items as well as a drop from verus hilla. Genesis weapons aren't going to be showing up for quite a long time, I feel. At least a year before we see the first one.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited February 2019
    hi just uh

so apparently it takes possibly months (or even years) to get some late game items
    (i mean look at new genisis set, literally 1 month wait on black mage + he won't always drop the sealed ones when you defeat him)

i mean like

but a year to get enough arcane force to fight black mage + a couple of months or more (maybe even another year) to get the genisis set

that's 2 years

would i be even playing/interested in maplestory after 2 years of constant grinding???

and i mean if you aren't able to play like every day for whatever reason it's going to take even longer to get enough arcane power

abd i mean, slightly below that list we still have every thing at ridiculosuly slow rates

and i mean with the recent tera burning event people would be launched into late game, suddenly have their precious 12* fafnir dissapear, and the become stuck because sweetwater took too long ?

also pensilir is not a good enough replacement a lot of the times, the amount of stars you need it at to be near 12* fafnir is alot

yeah no **** sherlock. Genesis weapon is from the FINAL BOSS that nexon's been milking for over 10 years.
    As for other gears, either spend $$$ or quit. Latter is HIGHLY recommended for good mental health.
    WONDERGUYKuronekonova
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    hi just uh

i mean like

that's 2 years

yeah no **** sherlock. Genesis weapon is from the FINAL BOSS that nexon's been milking for over 10 years.
    As for other gears, either spend $$$ or quit. Latter is HIGHLY recommended for good mental health.

Final boss? no we will have more bosses in the future
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019

Final boss of the arcane river area, maybe. But definitely not a case of "this is the last boss nexon will ever add to the game".
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2019
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    hi just uh

i mean like

that's 2 years

yea more boss more $$$ needed to reach cap or new cap
    allways same "drama-hype" when new boss omg cant be done if you dont cap or we need more $$dmg$$$ we cant wait year
    after feedback "drama-hype"
    youll need $$ fund and new u$p$d$a$t$e & black mage will be done solo like all other

about items rate-time
    dont worry our glorious marvel & philo working hard with all their power to supply the need in no time

most of it you can allready get (tyrant-kirtias wont be fixed so you can go gamble in that lootboxs & its not BiS anyway)
    sw-abso-faf its common (whales 1shot cra/lotus/comerci drop gear $$$ weekly or you can lootbox again)
    arcane set its relatively new system and wont be suprised if marvel comes with such good update (MSEA got it Arcanius Amplified )

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    -snip-

All you do is spout conspiracy theories in every thread you post in. "NEXON IS/ISN'T DOING <THING> BECAUSE MONEY WAKE UP SHEEPLE" is all your posts sound like anymore.

CpOqbM9.gif
    Kuronekonova
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2019
    know it youll come swtich my words & be ignorant as usual

sure conspiracy

qA7yadd.png
    Kuronekonova