[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Quest Booster?

BostonGeorgeBostonGeorge
Reactions: 830
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Sure have been fixing a lot of mediocre stuff but this has not been fixed why.

Comments

• AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2019
    There wasn't an issue with it they just didn't want the fact that players could have used the 2x quest exp booster with those alliance storm growth potions to gain 2 levels instead of 1 to get out of hand because storm growth potions count as gaining quest EXP. Once the alliance event is 100% over and there's no way to get those potions I'm sure they'll be released again. It really sucks that we gotta wait for that though. I depend heavily on 2x quest exp boosters to level up at monster park and using legion potions to gain 98% exp instead of 49%. But alliance potions seem too OP to be used with 2x quest boosters and I can see why. You would need billions of EXP to level after 200 and even more so after level 210, 220, and 230 and using these potions gave a huge amount of exp compared to the exp that legion storm growth and normal storm growth potions can give, which cap out at certain levels and none of them can be used beyond level 200, which is almost a cakewalk to reach compared to getting to a level like 230 and using a 2x quest booster with the 230 alliance potion would get you to level 231 with 99% exp or a tad less so it's a bit broken and wouldn't be unfair to those who play the game in the future who won't have access to those potions.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2019
    AznboiE wrote: »
    There wasn't an issue with it they just didn't want the fact that players could have used the 2x quest exp booster with those alliance storm growth potions to gain 2 levels instead of 1 to get out of hand because storm growth potions count as gaining quest EXP. Once the alliance event is 100% over and there's no way to get those potions I'm sure they'll be released again. It really sucks that we gotta wait for that though. I depend heavily on 2x quest exp boosters to level up at monster park and using legion potions to gain 98% exp instead of 49%. But alliance potions seem too OP to be used with 2x quest boosters and I can see why. You would need billions of EXP to level after 200 and even more so after level 210, 220, and 230 and using these potions gave a huge amount of exp compared to the exp that legion storm growth and normal storm growth potions can give, which cap out at certain levels and none of them can be used beyond level 200, which is almost a cakewalk to reach compared to getting to a level like 230 and using a 2x quest booster with the 230 alliance potion would get you to level 231 with 99% exp or a tad less so it's a bit broken and wouldn't be unfair to those who play the game in the future who won't have access to those potions.

The Quest Booster was Temporarily removed due to the coupon not doubling EXP gained from a multitude of quests throughout the game.

Thank you for bringing the Quest Booster erroneously doubling the exp from the Alliance potions to our attention, I'll make sure to forward this information.

Thanks!
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2019
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    The Quest Booster was Temporarily removed due to the coupon not doubling EXP gained from a multitude of quests throughout the game.

From what I've seen with the quest booster and that issue is that the text that displayed the bonus quest exp is no longer showing, but when I checked my exp value it jumped by double of what was shown, which was the amount without 2x exp. It's not an error with the coupon it's an error with a line of code no longer displaying in the chat that your exp has been doubled. Some of the named sources of quest exp that had their values doubled but didn't show up in chat, for example, were the bounty hunter brothers' polio quests, inferno wolf, and monster park.

But also there's not an error with alliance exp potions giving 2x exp with quest boosters, that is intentional as all EXP potions are displayed as quest exp. It just would have been out of hand to have people above level 200 gaining 2 levels instead of 1 if they had the 2x quest booster, which wouldn't have been fair to players who worked hard prior to the durational release of these potions, nor to players in the future who are grinding above level 200 in the future considering these potions won't return. The coincidental removal of 2x quest booster during this time led me to believe this was the case, but you saying otherwise has made the cause clear.

either way the 2x quest exp booster shouldn't have been removed as it was an issue with the chat not showing up despite still giving 2x quest exp.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    I'd be fine with it if they made it so the 200+ growth potions aren't affected by quest boosters but the sub-200 ones are.