[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please Revert Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave Change

SionneSionne
Reactions: 690
edited February 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There can only be one 'Micro Black Hole', which is created after Kinesis uses 'Psychic Shockwave'.
This patch was the reason, and the trigger of massive quit of Kinesis' in KMS. This shows the level of understanding Wonki and his developer team actually has on classes and how they actually work. 141
Because of this change, which has been done in KMS and caused lots of issue, currently there is an issue where if you use Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave consecutively, Micro Black Hole will cancel previous black hole before creation.
Micro Black Hole has short pre-delay on its creation. So, before it does any damage - while the black hole is still creating - if another Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave is casted, it will remove the black hole that was forming previously. And this will occur in endless loop.

There are two critical impact caused by this issue: damage loss that will multiply with every skill cast, and P.P(Psychic Point) charging.

DAMAGE LOSS
For example, if you use this skill 10 times, consecutively, only 10 Psychic Shockwave's damage and one last Micro Black Hole will do damage.
There will be huge damage loss, and the damage loss will be increased by number of consecutive cast of Psychic Shock wave.

On level 25,
Psychic Point Cost: 3. Attacks the enemies you're lifting and up to 8 enemies in front of you to deal 1,760% damage for 6 times. Micro Black Hole: Activates a black hole 4 times. Damage: 770%, Max Enemies Hit: 8, Number of Attacks: 3. Charges 1 Psychic Point slot when the skill hits a target.

so total damage was, if you fully hit micro black hole as well, 19,800% (1760 x 6 + 770 x 3 x 4) per cast.
However after this patch and this unintended logical issue with the skill, if you cast the skill once, there won't be a damage loss but if you cast more than once, you lose 9240% (770 x 3 x 4) damage per cast.

Kinesis with full attack speed can cast this skill 10 times in 6.15 seconds
which, before this update, this skill will do 198,000% damage, but now it will only do 114,840% (1760 x 6 x 10 + 770 x 3 x 4) and this damage loss will multiply per cast.

By rough calculation
in 40 second, Kinesis can cast this skill 65 times, assuming PP isn't issue (which it wasn't before update) and will do 1,287,000% damage in 40 second.
However after this update, casting this skill 65 times will do 695,640% damage only. (and technically, one last micro black hole won't even do damage because user won't just stop casting at 40 second sharp in Hard Lucid 3rd phase so it will be 686,400). That's -53.33% damage nerf on 40 second damage. (Hard Lucid 3rd phase)

PSYCHIC POINT CHARGE
Since the black hole will never form, the original purpose of the black hole is lost which is charging P.P.
Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave was a blessing to Kinesis' chronic design problem, Psychic Point. There are way too few ways to charge P.P compare to it's costs. Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave was the only skill that seemed like resolved Kinesis' issue.

But because the black hole won't form, P.P will never charge.

Because it does less damage and doesn't charge P.P there is no reason for Kinesis to use Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave anymore for neither bossing or mobbing, because we already have Ultimate - Psychic Shot that's better for both.

SUGGESTION
Since it's "5TH" skill, make it at least does more or same total damage as Ultimate - Psychic Shot. With skill rollbacked to previous version.
OR
Rollback to previous version, nerf percent damage, and give additional 30% boss damage to Ultimate - Shockwave
OR
Let the Micro Black Hole form where monster is hit and if there is Boss monster then prioritize first Boss monster hit.
...etc

PLEASE DON'T BRING THE NEXT PATCH FROM KMS
KMS for some reason nerfed the damage again and change skill mechanism to:
"Micro Black Hole won't disappear on the next cast but another Micro Black Hole can't be created until the previous one disappears" as a "solution". (which is nonsense)
This update in KMS is so stupid. You can cast 3 more times while Micro Black Hole is up. And KMS nerfed percent damage and then changed the damage weight so that black hole will does more damage and skill itself will do less so importance of hitting black hole went up high.
KMS 1.2.309 Patch
KINESIS
Although the Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave is a skill with no cooldown, it was intended to be one of several battle patterns, but the initial damage was too strong, giving no option but to use it. We want to reduce the initial damage and increase the proportion of Micro Black Hole that can charge Psychic Points, making it one of the options.

[Kinetic Step]: The travel distance will be increase and height will be decreases. *
[Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave]: At 25 level, damage reduced from 1600% to 1100% and micro-black hole damage increased from 700% to 1000%. If Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave is used when a Micro Black Hole exists, the existing Micro Black Hole will not disappear and a new Micro Black Hole will not be generated.
The most recent patch note that nerfed Kinesis on KMS was priceless. It seems like original intention was to improve because they recognized the Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave's Micro Black Hole function is completely died out from previous patch. However, Maplestory is not a type of game that give "options" to main skills in the first place, and that is the reality. There ARE best optimized skill/burst cycle for all class and everyone has to boss with that cycle. But ignoring all that giving Kinesis two option is just absurd. To really be an option, it is only possible when the convenience of the skill cycle, total damage and all that comprehensive values are similar, not when micro black hole is just impossible to hit mobile boss with less damage. Nobody is going to choose that option.
Kinesis was never too OP with this skill to begin with. They are nerfing this skill consecutively as if this skill could one shot Black Mage.

Most of the bosses in Maplestory is mobile. There are very limited number of bosses for Kinesis to fully hit black hole(only fixed non-mobile bosses) with this skill mechanism. Since they took away initial damage of the skill and give it to micro black hole, the skill it just it's useless now.

* Jump is very sensitive issue to change. And yet they still managed to change it. They just hate to buff Kinesis in any way they had to take away the height for no reason. I don't think we had a Jump nerf in a while. or have we ever had one before

+ [UPDATED] ANOTHER ISSUE WHY THIS UPDATE IS SYSTEMATICALLY HUGE NERF FOR KINESIS

So, previous Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave's skill mechanism was this:
If Psychic Grab is active then
∙∙∙If skill/command key is entered then
∙∙∙∙∙∙hit 8 enemies in range
∙∙∙∙∙∙If monsters were grabbed then place them on the vertically nearest bottom from where Micro black hole will form
∙∙∙∙∙∙Form Micro black hole, i = 0 while i < 4,
∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙hit 8 enemies 3 times
∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙i++

The bolded part had critical issue where if the nearest 'bottom' for the repositioned monsters didn't exist or was lower than where the character has initially casted the skill, the grabbed monsters (maximum of five) won't die or get damaged but revive.
<Before this update>
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Then,
In this update, they ninja patched the fix for this issue (not sure why this wasn't in the patch note). The grabbed mob will now will be damaged/killed when the skill is initially casted. Which was actually, supposed to be good right?
<After>
giphy.gif
However, this destroys the main purpose of Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave, Psychic Point charging.
The most necessary update/change that Kinesis need is better supply of Psychic Point. Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave forced grabbed monsters to be placed on Micro Black Hole so that PP can be charged easily. Now that grabbed monsters will never reach Micro Black Hole PP will not likely to get charged and Micro Black Hole just lost it's purpose. Some might argue that remaining monsters will be hit by Micro Black Hole but the initial skill range is already wide and half of width of black hole overlaps with initial skill range. Which means monsters will already dead and gone when Micro Black Hole is formed. Keep costing PP, and this is more reason to use Ultimate - Psychic Shot because with just 2 more PP you can almost cover twice as much range then Ultimate - Psychic Shockwave.

Previous

PetalmagicFuranshinugoodcowdarikSlicedTime

Comments

• FuranshinuFuranshinu
    Reactions: 535
    edited January 2019
    This is a GOOD post and the DEVS SHOULD(MUST) read it and take his opinion.

Before reading my reply, please understand that I'm not a good writer. (ANNNND no inglish)
    I tried my best to make it simple and organized!

Kinesis is already a complicated class.
    So many debuff installers are required to maximize the damage output. (One of them being the P.P supplier)
    Of course, the mobile bosses are not nice enough to stay on the debuffs.
    EVEN if you managed to apply all the debuffs, the damage itself is not good enough. -> High Risk(Control?) Low Return.

The main design for the Kinesis is to use limited source to maximize the damage.
    According to the maplestory website, it says the following:
    "Using regular skills earns Kinesis Psychic Points (PP), which can then be used to power several different Ultimate skills."
    The ideal deal cycle the devs wanted was this: continuously recover P.P and SPAM powerful P.P spender for HUGE amount of damage.
    Are the skills that require P.P really powerful compare to other skills? Not really.
    First of all, most of the P.P spenders consume a lot of P.P to do moderate damage.
    The only viable P.P spenders are Ultimate - Metal Press (Requires 7 P.P points per cast), and Ultimate - Psychic Shot (Requires 5 P.P points per cast).
    The problem with the both of the skills?
    You just don't have enough P.P to spam it (Kinesis can have up to 30 P.P) AND you need to get close to the boss. (I mean RIGHT next to it for full hit/damage)

So you only have two options for the P.P recovery.
    Use low-moderate damage regular skill 'psychic grab' to recover 1 P.P per cast (2 for boss hit with hyper passive skill) or install P.P supplier 'psychic drain'
    You have to know that the psychic drain is becoming more and more useless as the new bosses come out.
    All bosses after CRA are mobile: they fly, walk, teleport, etc.
    So the only viable P.P recovery in the boss fight is psychic grab (the more time you spend on recovering P.P results in less damage and longer fight).

To solve many problems of Kinesis, DEVS came out with the skill called Ultimate - Shockwave
    I'm not gonna talk too much about this skill as OP already talked about it.
    The skill was not really broken in the boss (maybe in training) because it was so hard to land the blackhole.
    Blackhole always get spawned at the end of the skill; so if the boss is not at the end of the skill, you are not getting any P.P from it.
    The skill itself was already a hardcore and the upcoming patch is making it TRASH.

We, not just kinesis but many upcoming nerf classes, are asking the DEVS to hear us out.
    We are not asking to be like "WE WANT THIS, DO THIS, NO NERFS, etc",
    but we are asking you to listen to the communities' concerns and opinions,
    and maybe find a midpoint with upcoming KMS patches.
    I strongly believe GMS does not have to fully rely on KMS's PATCH and implement it as it is,
    simply because GMS is separate and different from KMS.

Please take the time to read OP's opinions/recommendations and think once more before implementing it.
    Thanks for reading this shitty post!
    Sionnegoodcowdarik
  • FuranshinuFuranshinu
    Reactions: 535
    This is a GOOD post and the DEVS SHOULD(MUST) read it and take his opinion.

Before reading my reply, please understand that I'm not a good writer. (ANNNND no inglish)
    I tried my best to make it simple and organized!

Kinesis is already a complicated class.
    So many debuff installers are required to maximize the damage output. (One of them being the P.P supplier)
    Of course, the mobile bosses are not nice enough to stay on the debuffs.
    EVEN if you managed to apply all the debuffs, the damage itself is not good enough. -> High Risk(Control?) Low Return.

The main design for the Kinesis is to use limited source to maximize the damage.
    According to the maplestory website, it says the following:
    "Using regular skills earns Kinesis Psychic Points (PP), which can then be used to power several different Ultimate skills."
    The ideal deal cycle the devs wanted was this: continuously recover P.P and SPAM powerful P.P spender for HUGE amount of damage.
    Are the skills that require P.P really powerful compare to other skills? Not really.
    First of all, most of the P.P spenders consume a lot of P.P to do moderate damage.
    The only viable P.P spenders are Ultimate - Metal Press (Requires 7 P.P points per cast), and Ultimate - Psychic Shot (Requires 5 P.P points per cast).
    The problem with the both of the skills?
    You just don't have enough P.P to spam it (Kinesis can have up to 30 P.P) AND you need to get close to the boss. (I mean RIGHT next to it for full hit/damage)

So you only have two options for the P.P recovery.
    Use low-moderate damage regular skill 'psychic grab' to recover 1 P.P per cast (2 for boss hit with hyper passive skill) or install P.P supplier 'psychic drain'
    You have to know that the psychic drain is becoming more and more useless as the new bosses come out.
    All bosses after CRA are mobile: they fly, walk, teleport, etc.
    So the only viable P.P recovery in the boss fight is psychic grab (the more time you spend on recovering P.P results in less damage and longer fight).

To solve many problems of Kinesis, DEVS came out with the skill called Ultimate - Shockwave
    I'm not gonna talk too much about this skill as OP already talked about it.
    The skill was not really broken in the boss (maybe in training) because it was so hard to land the blackhole.
    Blackhole always get spawned at the end of the skill; so if the boss is not at the end of the skill, you are not getting any P.P from it.
    The skill itself was already a hardcore and the upcoming patch is making it TRASH.

We, not just kinesis but many upcoming nerf classes, are asking the DEVS to hear us out.
    We are not asking to be like "WE WANT THIS, DO THIS, NO NERFS, etc",
    but we are asking you to listen to the communities' concerns and opinions,
    and maybe find a midpoint with upcoming KMS patches.
    I strongly believe GMS does not have to fully rely on KMS's PATCH and implement it as it is,
    simply because GMS is separate and different from KMS.

Please take the time to read OP's opinions/recommendations and think once more before implementing it.
    Thanks for reading this shitty post!
    Sionne
  • SionneSionne
    edited January 2019
    Yes thank you and as I mentioned several times in previous posts, with one of classes with the most complicated skill cycle, Kinesis' maximum potential damage is still below 20th of all classes. Unlike Blaster, and Cadena who also has complicated skill cycle has top maximum potential damage if user manage to successfully use skill cycle right. How come Kinesis is so neglected? Even user wich good mechanics successfully fullt hit Kinesis' complicated full skill cycle, maximum potential damage is below average compared to other jobs with same stat, with easier skill cycle. What is the compensation of doing complicated skill cycle for kinesis? If there's none, what's the reason to play this class anymore?
    goodcowdarik
  • goodcowgoodcow
    Reactions: 330
    edited January 2019
    This is a quality post
    And yes some classes are abandoned and neglected for long time. This issue on Kinesis in this post seems unreasonable, almost irrational. We don't want dev team to just blindly copy kms patch just because they are doing it. But we want you to stand up and say hey I don't think that will work. Obviously some of the kms patches made us raise eyebrows quite often and yet gms brought them in many times. And yet KMS is creating a new class with all those unhandled issues. I don't think that's the best for gamers it's just to drag new players like a temporary boost. It rather seems like they are fattening the pig right before they sell it.
    Sionnedarik
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2019
    I like to play Kinesis for fun. It would be nice to have this reversion, and it is a very detailed post. You have my support.
    Sionnedarik
  • RedLeafHeart777RedLeafHeart777
    Reactions: 930
    edited January 2019
    I don't mean to disappoint you, but if it happened in KMS, it's gonna happen here too.

Our developers have no power over the balancing issue; they just copy and paste codes from KMS.

Your post is very articulate, and I understand your concern, but Kinesis nerf will take place nonetheless.

It's just the way it is.
    Sionne
  • SionneSionne
    edited January 2019
    I don't mean to disappoint you, but if it happened in KMS, it's gonna happen here too.

Our developers have no power over the balancing issue; they just copy and paste codes from KMS.

Your post is very articulate, and I understand your concern, but Kinesis nerf will take place nonetheless.

It's just the way it is.

Thank you for your opinion! Yes I know they will most likely but I'm still hoping. Since we had some GMS exclusive stuff or some system we didn't copy from KMS. However these days GMS seems to KMSify everything when last thing they said in the event was 'we will keep on developing GMS exclusive stuffs like Monad'.

And to be honest, it's not even a simple 'damage nerf' like other nerf. They broke the skill's mechanism, making it useless. Shows how KMS dev team's understanding of classes has hit the rock bottom or even busted that rock bottom and going underground.
    darik
  • SionneSionne
    edited February 2019
    [UPDATED] Another issue why this update is systematically huge nerf for Kinesis with images
    darik