[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Forum Avatars?

HuskyDMHuskyDM
Reactions: 3,745
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Why can we only choose from a small selection of forum avatars? Why can't we use any image we want? Or use our character's look like before?

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited January 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Why can we only choose from a small selection of forum avatars? Why can't we use any image we want? Or use our character's look like before?

Because custom avatars have not been enabled on the forum. I do not know when or if we will get custom avatars. I would love to personalize my profile also :)
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    @AKradian how many users, posts, etc are we up to now and still not a further word on custom avatars?
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »

because I guess people posted either explicit or personal pics and some kids either took it or seen something they weren't supposed too. I would love custom avatars as well but then if I posted mine I will probably be ban lmao. It's a great idea that been ask about for since the new forums came to be but they won't implement it the same way they won't implement voice chat in discord. "Too Hard to Manage" ;)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    @AKradian how many users, posts, etc are we up to now and still not a further word on custom avatars?

We are up to 10109 posters on the forums, of which 126 made more than 100 posts each.

Nexon's web team has not yet found the time to convince Vanilla to accept custom avatars.
    Or, for that matter, to block certain unscrupulous users from obtaining avatars that are not on our list of 52.
    Fuhreak
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Is the namechange function being looked into at all? Remember Arwoo mentioned having hundreds of DMs.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

We are up to 10109 posters on the forums, of which 126 made more than 100 posts each.

Nexon's web team has not yet found the time to convince Vanilla to accept custom avatars.
    Or, for that matter, to block certain unscrupulous users from obtaining avatars that are not on our list of 52.

Maybe @Ghiblee can go poke someone about the matter? I would assume this falls under her purview.