[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Hyper Stats

OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
Reactions: 2,750
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hyper Stats was a very welcome addition because it replaced the underwhelming Stat Hyper Skills, but most of the Hyper Stats are to increase a character's offensive stats. There needs to be more defensive Hyper Stats as well as some others.

Update to Stance: +2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20% (max level 10)
Damage Absorption: +1/2/3/4/5/7/9/11/13/15% (max level 10)
All Stats: +5/10/15/20/25/30/35/40/45/50 (max level 10)
Max Speed: +2/4/6/8/10 (max level 5)
Elemental Penetration (Ignores a portion of a monster's resistance and immunity to elements): +1/2/3/4/5% (max level 5)
Potion Recovery: +3/6/9/12/15% (max level 5) Does not apply to percentage-based potions.
Death Ignore Chance: +1/2/3/4/5% (max level 5)
MP Cost: -3/6/9/12/15% (max level 5)
Skill Cooldown: -1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10% (max level 10) Does not apply to Hyper Skills.
Buff Duration: +2/4/6/8/10% (max level 5) Does not apply to Runes or Hyper Skills.
Summon Duration: +3/6/9/12/15% (max level 5)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    Sorry, Death Count is kinda...op...Duration/Summon duration can be semi combined...Skill Cooldown is weirdly common for me on Legendary potentials...and Death Ignore...I can't say I support any of these.
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited October 2016
    Petalmagic

Sorry, Death Count is kinda...op...Duration/Summon duration can be semi combined...Skill Cooldown is weirdly common for me on Legendary potentials...and Death Ignore...I can't say I support any of these.
    I would rather they added some semi-op defensive oriented stats then just keep piling it on the offense. But in all seriousness, if you're gonna get death count through then you know it has to be like 20 hyper points per level (I would just leave it at a straight 20per for a 100 total)

And even then, around 1/2 or so of these are "pretty much useless" in today's maple. Like if % potion heal increase won't apply to power elixirs, then does anyone even care about the existence of that stat? And even if it applied to power elixirs, it wouldn't matter in most situations because its a 100% heal (thinking of healing outside of magnus blue aura for example of a situation where its not 100%)

Do elements even matter in the game as it is / why do elements still exist if its still poorly explained and uncommonly used?

• OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

Do elements even matter in the game as it is / why do elements still exist if its still poorly explained and uncommonly used?
    All attacks in the game are elemental (things that don't fall under the six elements of fire, ice, lighting, poison, holy, and dark are put in the catch all category of "physical"), and most of the bosses released after like Pink Bean resist every element including physical. I assume the "Elemental Ignore" is there to mitigate the damage reduction from elemental resistances.

Since all the bosses are resistant to every element equally, it kind of doesn't really matter what element your attack is, as far as bossing goes. This is probably a limitation of how our element system currently works, there's only 4 possible interactions, either it's weak to (double damage), neutral to (normal damage), resistant against (half damage), or immune to (you deal 1s). I guess Pokemon has the same system of interactions and it seems to work for them, but we have fewer elements, and since they removed Elemental Composition for F/P and I/L and dual charging for Paladins, there's no concept of dual elements (which were different anyway, it was just half and half rather than both, so the maximum damage multiplier was just 2x rather than 4x), and monsters don't really intrinsically belong to certain elements, their elemental properties are just encoded as a list of interactions, for example, Ice Drakes don't belong to the "Ice" element, it's just a list that says it's weak to fire, resistant to ice, and neutral to everything else. It's kind of the same thing, but it opens up the possibility of monsters being weak to one element and not resisting the "opposite" element.

JettLuvsU
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    I remember in pre-bb it used to matter more the elemental stuff about classes, a lot(compared to the amount in the time), had elemental attacks, i still wait some ice attack for marksman who used to be the ''ice'' archer.