[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Name Change Issues

KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
Reactions: 11,690
edited October 2016 in Vault
Hey everyone,

There were some complications with the character name changes, and we are working to resolve them. We hope to roll out the name changes during next week's maintenance.
NiightseekerMaryseNeospector

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    And here comes six pages of people calling Nexon the worst company ever, as though they purposefully planned it out this way.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    JettLuvsU
  • CrylenolCrylenol
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    hoy moy...
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016

Aggraphine

And here comes six pages of people calling Nexon the worst company ever, as though they purposefully planned it out this way.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Its not there the worst company ever, I'm sure they had good intentions..
    People are just disappointing because this is yet ANOTHER maintenance/update/promise/deliver of goods that hasn't worked out.

At one point, somebody needs to have a meeting and say "Whats up guys".

Things happen sometimes. Things go south at the last minute all the time, it's not exclusive to Nexon, not by a long shot.
  • lizzybethlizzybeth
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited October 2016
    This is bull a lot of ppl were staying up for this and now we have to wait a week? not to mention theres people that couldn't buy the coupon cause nexon once again fluffed up by updating the game that already has a ton of old issues that have never been fixed. There honestly better be some compensation for the people who couldn't buy the coupon due to max cash shop glitch. This game has literally turned to ever since bigbang and Red, nice going on everyone over with the wedding ring bull and now this, and you wonder why your game is dying Nexon, cause you literally don't give us players what we wanted in the first place. Nice Going...
    Yacy
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    I knew it this will happen. Because first they have made a mistake by making the coupon expire only 3 days. So ppl who bought it from the first day, will have their coupon expire within 3 days before 27th October. Last time, they made this coupon expire longer. And the name change worked well.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    lizzybeth
    lizzybeth said:

This is bull a lot of ppl were staying up for this and now we have to wait a week? not to mention theres people that couldn't buy the coupon cause nexon once again fluffed up by updating the game that already has a ton of old issues that have never been fixed. There honestly better be some compensation for the people who couldn't buy the coupon due to max cash shop glitch. This game has literally turned to ever since bigbang and Red, nice going on everyone over with the wedding ring bull and now this, and you wonder why your game is dying Nexon, cause you literally don't give us players what we wanted in the first place. Nice Going...
    Wow that was actually faster than I thought.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    No, more like they didn't plan anything out at all.
    They're not the worst company ever, but they sure do look awfully incompetent.

The maintenance was scheduled to last only 3 hours (same as every week, when we don't have a name-change running), and there was no mention of the name changes being processed in the initial notice saying what was going to happen. Typo fixes are worth mentioning, but name changes are not?
    Then, when the "complications" arose, there was no attempt to extend the maintenance, nor was there anything in the "maintenance complete" notice about "sorry, we couldn't do the name changes this time."

From here it looks like they completely forgot that they were supposed to do it, until people started to complain.
    KeepComingBackemperor52liljayyyylizzybethLilyflower
  • BalancedFurysBalancedFurys
    Reactions: 725
    edited October 2016
    Its not that Nexon is the worst company ever.. Its just that the things they do point towards it.... for years now... So idk why anyone wouldn't expect people to complain a lot.. This game has gotten worse and more dead year by year .... for a reason maybe? @aggraphine
    lizzybeth
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    idc about the names anymore, you forgot it, whatever, just please bring it down for maintenance to fix the lag issues. Game is absolutely unplayable.
    NiightseekerlizzybethGooseflesh
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    BalancedFurys

Its not that Nexon is the worst company ever.. Its just that the things they do point towards it.... for years now... So idk why anyone wouldn't expect people to complain a lot.. This game has gotten worse and more dead year by year .... for a reason maybe? @aggraphine
    If you want to pin a reason to people leaving over time, you can attribute it to unwise development decisions, and not the daily/weekly goings-on of Nexon America.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    Please do go volunteer at Nexon as a developer so you can get your name changes in time and see how easy you might think it is.
    Like I said in the other General thread, be thankful that you're getting a name change because they were removed from the game for a couple years.
    You might not have gotten it this time, but you will get it.
    So chill.
  • SpiritSpirit
    Reactions: 1,365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Arwen
    Arwen said:

I knew it this will happen. Because first they have made a mistake by making the coupon expire only 3 days. So ppl who bought it from the first day, will have their coupon expire within 3 days before 27th October. Last time, they made this coupon expire longer. And the name change worked well.
    This is because this name change coupon after purchase was soley used to cancel your name change request. Therefore expired before the 27th. I hope knowing this puts you and others at ease after noticing it expired on you like that.
  • BalancedFurysBalancedFurys
    Reactions: 725
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Please do go volunteer at Nexon as a developer so you can get your name changes in time and see how easy you might think it is.
    Like I said in the other General thread, be thankful that you're getting a name change because they were removed from the game for a couple years.
    So chill.
    You are so out of touch with reality that it sickens me.... Nexon is a company that pays people to do things like this... and code the game correctly.. Those are paid positions.... not volunteer.... I don't see WOW or League having this many errors... this often... with Nexon its weekly... something doesn't add up Kappa
    lizzybeth
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

So chill.
    I expect people I pay to do a job, to do it right.
    I may not know how to fly a plane, but if an airline company sells tickets for a flight from NY to LA, I expect them to have the planes and pilots and fuel and whatever else is needed to actually deliver on that promise of flying people from NY to LA.
    I may not know how to make sushi, but if a restaurant has it on their menu, I expect them to have a chef that can prepare it right, and all the ingredients said chef needs.
    And yes, regardless of whether I know how to program a name-change for Maple, I expect Nexon to not put those coupons on sale if they can't deliver the actual name change.
    MarysepommepouffeAglowIts2Sharp4UlizzybethGoosefleshRavaneLilyflower
  • LeyarooLeyaroo
    Reactions: 750
    edited October 2016
    An unscheduled maintenance would be nice instead of having to wait another week for something we paid for to happen on the 27th.
    liljayyyyAglowlizzybethYacy
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016
    BalancedFurys

You are so out of touch with reality that it sickens me.... Nexon is a company that pays people to do things like this... and code the game correctly.. Those are paid positions.... not volunteer.... I don't see WOW or League having this many errors... this often... with Nexon its weekly... something doesn't add up Kappa
    Yes, out of touch with reality because I'm trying to think rationally and trying to understand why Nexon wasn't able to deliver on what they said.
    I understand why people are angry but it just seems a bit exaggerated to me because, in the end, everyone will get what they paid for. Things happen that may have prevented the name changes and people don't seem to understand that.
  • ReallytiredofyacrapReallytiredofyacrap
    Reactions: 570
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

BalancedFurys

Yes, out of touch with reality because I'm trying to think rationally and trying to understand why Nexon wasn't able to deliver on what they said.
    I understand why people are angry but it just seems a bit exaggerated to me because, in the end, everyone will get what they paid for. Things happen that may have prevented the name changes and people don't seem to understand that.
    You gotta realize people were expecting this by a specific date, It adds insult to injury when this isn't a rare occurance; This happens much more often than it should and that's people are flipping out.

A lot of these issues would be murder to the revenue of any other company but the loyal player base is putting up with this inconsistent behavior or more so consistent fk ups, It's like we patronize you but you still spit in our faces? Of course people are mad. And it's not to say they addressed it right away or with the maintenance they had to take their sweet time making an extremely vague excuse.

We don't even know what happened all we know is they couldn't deliver. This is bad service, plain and simple.
    lizzybeth
  • impossibruimpossibru
    Reactions: 770
    edited October 2016
    i'm just so used this kind of stuff to happen. whatever.
    lizzybeth
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016
    Reallytiredofyacrap

You gotta realize people were expecting this by a specific date, It adds insult to injury when this isn't a rare occurance; This happens much more often than it should and that's people are flipping out.

A lot of these issues would be murder to the revenue of any other company but the loyal player base is putting up with this inconsistent behavior or more so consistent fk ups, It's like we patronize you but you still spit in our faces? Of course people are mad. And it's not to say they addressed it right away or with the maintenance they had to take their sweet time making an extremely vague excuse.

We don't even know what happened all we know is they couldn't deliver. This is bad service, plain and simple.
    Yes, of course I get that, but I also feel like getting angry will lead absolutely nowhere.
    I also feel like that since this is such a common occurrence for Nexon that it's useless to get angry when things don't go as planned. It happened so many times in the past that it shouldn't come as a surprise.

I guess I'm just at that point in my life where I try to look at things in a different light and understand why it happened instead of getting angry when it did happen. You will get your name change, just not in the time frame you expected it to be. Point is, you will get it.

And again, I do understand why people are angry, I feel like it's useless to get angry at anything Nexon does anymore because it's always going to happen and you're just wasting energy being angry at a company that is known for making mistakes like these all the time.
    impossibru
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

So chill.
    When you work on a company or become a volunteer, then you have a commitment to something. I am grateful Nexon had name chnage. But they PROMISE that they will do it on 27th. They even sold the coupon only till 23rd! It means they can start checking on 24th -27th. It's different if Nexon promised the name change on 3rd of November.

lizzybeth