[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Using Your Own Extractors

PuffycheeksPuffycheeks
Reactions: 610
edited March 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Alchemists should be able to use their own extractors- namely, the scroll and cube extractors. Cubes and scrolls can only be extracted by using their respective extractors, giving important ingredients for high-level crafting such as spell essences and cube fragments. Not many people are willing to level up alchemy to create extractors that only last for one day, making them worth even more. This is shown by how there are few extractors put down in Ardentmill for public use. Additionally, I have never seen a cube or scroll extractor put down for others to use for a long period of time.
Often times, the only way to get access to these extractors is to level alchemy yourself and create an extractor for yourself. However, if one tried to use the extractor they made, they would be greeted with the message “You cannot use your own extractor.” Because of this, even if one leveled up alchemy and created their own extractor, everyone but themselves would be able to use it.
There are some workarounds to this. Some people have a second account they can give the materials to. While the first account puts down an extractor, the second extracts the cubes or scrolls. However, many people do not have a second computer on which to run Maplestory, and it is too much of a hassle to have to set up another computer every time one wants to extract something.
Another way to get around this is by asking a guildie or friend to extract the cubes or scrolls for you while you put down an extractor. However, this can quickly become a bother to the other person if you have a large amount of cubes or scrolls you need to extract.
Furthermore, there is no reason an alchemist should not be able to use their own extractor. This is simply an unnecessary roadblock, and it would save time and effort if an alchemist could extract their own cubes and scrolls.

TL;DR: Preventing alchemists from using their own extractors (cube and scroll, specifically) is reasonless, and it would save time and effort if alchemists could use the extractors they worked to make.
  1. Should alchemists be able to use their own extractors?4 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (4 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    I don't understand my alchemist extracts flames and cubes with the normal extraction interface. Are you sure you need to use extractor?
  • PuffycheeksPuffycheeks
    edited March 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I don't understand my alchemist extracts flames and cubes with the normal extraction interface. Are you sure you need to use extractor?

Really? My alchemist can’t extract cubes. Maybe I’m doing it wrong, haha. Are the cubes you’re using tradable occult cubes? And do you mean the extraction tab of the crafting menu?
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    It's the inventory extraction button, or Extraction in crafting menu. Are you craftsman? You gotta have your alchemy the right level, ie the same level as you'd need to craft the specific extractor.
  • PuffycheeksPuffycheeks
    edited March 2019
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    It's the inventory extraction button, or Extraction in crafting menu. Are you craftsman? You gotta have your alchemy the right level, ie the same level as you'd need to craft the specific extractor.

Oh, my crafting level had lowered and I hadn’t noticed. My bad. Thanks for the help!