[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Seduce and reflect are the worst things ever

HozamaHozama
Reactions: 345
edited March 2019 in General Chat
These two effects are the bane of my bossing existence. Been trying to run HT the last few days, and it's a super easy fight, until the game effectively cuts off my hands for 5 seconds and has me walk into HT for a death and a fail run. And the only defence I have against it has something like a 6 minute CD. Wasn't fun long ago, and it's still not fun now.

And reflect, geeze, it's another insta-fail effect. In all the chaos on screen, it's so easy to miss reflect casting. And we're back to instadeath. Not nearly as bad a seduce, but still annoying as all you can do is stick your thumbs up your backside and wait.
darik

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    The parts of HT that seduce are the arms. And they won't do it until you attack them. So you want to kill the tail and legs first, without hitting the arms at all. Then, when you get seduced, you won't "walk into HT for a death and fail". You could still die from getting hit by the falling rocks in the corners, or if HT chooses to do its 1/1 attack while you're seduced (and then a bump from a Wyvern finishes you off), but those are less common.

You might be glad to know that KMS added a death count to HT recently. This change will reach us too late to be of any use to your main, but would still be nice for future mules.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Horntail's arms seduce, like AK said. However only chaos mode has damage reflection, and it's only on the two side heads. I believe left head does magic reflect while the right does weapon reflect.

If you need help to actually see when this happens, here's a video that will help you despite its 2015 upload date.
    Fuhreak
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Horntail's arms seduce, like AK said. However only chaos mode has damage reflection, and it's only on the two side heads. I believe left head does magic reflect while the right does weapon reflect.

If you need help to actually see when this happens, here's a video that will help you despite its 2015 upload date.

Other way around for the heads, but yeah, it's a very obvious animation when they're using reflect. It's a big hexagonal shield thing coming from his mouth, followed by the little purple logo. Now, mind you, any buff the heads cast use the hexagonal shield thing, so he may not actually be casting reflect, but at least you'll know to stop attacking for a bit when you see it.
    YinYangX
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Which class do you play?
    Maybe we can give you some advice.
  • HozamaHozama
    edited March 2019
    *Screams internally*

Legs dead
    Tail dead
    Wing dead
    left arm dead

Seduced 3 times in a row and I'm dead.

A half hour of my life, 100 honsters, all gone by unavoidable BS!

*Throws arms into the air* That's it, I'm done trying to beat HT. He has one move. ONE FREAKING MOVE that screws me runs over. I can't avoid it, I can't negate it. Nothing I can do.
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    You just said that you had all but one arm taken care of, so it's clearly not a matter of this being impossible, so let's take a brief look at things.

According to your previous posts, you're playing an angelic buster. I'm assuming you're trying to use trinity to chunk down the diffierent bits. Have you tried, at all, to use celestial roar on the lower body parts? The vertical and horizontal reach of the skill should be enough that you can hit both arms, the wings, legs and tail from one side.
  • HozamaHozama
    edited March 2019
    Currently Angelic buster. I purposely avoided all AOE attacks, as I didn't want to damage the arms and activate seduce. I stuck to the tail and legs at the beginning to get rid of the sources of 10k touch damage. Once I finished them off, I went after the wings to stop the healing, and in the process the arm died. The just left the heads and the other arm, with total health at 40%. Then I got chain seduced, my shield health melted and I took a 8k lightning attack.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited March 2019
    I think Seduce and Reflect are just boring as they are right now. They could be used for interesting things, (like if you fail to do certain actions, the boss enters a Reflect state) but as of right now, they're used with little nuance or player interaction. The wild thing is that most skills ignore Reflect, which is oddly implemented in a majority of 5th job core skills, yet is absent in bosses as the game goes on. Doubly so with Seduce. In fact, I find it hilarious that a counter to it, Heroe's Will, is on a 6 minute CD. For ONE use. Like...What? It isn't engaging and is just annoying at this stage of the game. The Crimson Queen from Root Abyss handles these status effects well enough, but I fail to think of an equal example.

The base mechanics have become too generalized and there's not enough specialty within the classes to play-off those mechanics. Which I assume is the reason why status effects and elemental attacks have almost completely lost their purpose in the game. Weird how they can balance classes every so often but not the underlying gameplay.
    darikSlicedTimeFuhreak